Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Memo to Eddie

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben From Bentleigh 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:55 pm
Post subject: Memo to EddieReply with quote

SACK MICK NOW
Ben From Bentleigh 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Confusing isn't it..........Just like following some of MM's tatics.
westernpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:11 pm

Why sack MM ?,he isnt to blame.
Do you want to end up with some second rate coach like Laidley running the show.
MM isnt to blame,some of the cattle just are not up to it.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:16 pm

why sack MM...

Hes not the one out there not putting his head over the ball, or not chasing ect. Maybe we have a hard look at a few players first, not MM
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:22 pm

Although I agree that MM should not be sacked at this stage, he is the person that is accountable for the players that are put on the park!

My thoughts are that some of our attrocious drafting from 2001-2003 may be coming back to bite us on the bum now! The reality is that as players like O'Bree, Licuria and Holland do start to decline, players from those years of drafting should have been coming up though the ranks now to take their places! Players such as Billy Morrison, Shackleton, Brayden Shaw and Nixon should have now been taking their places and instead, they are no where to be found anymore. Our injuries over the past couple years helped to cover up a serious problem there!
Magpie 24 Libra

AT least I have more than one jacket

Location: YIHAA! Welcome to redneck land. All typing furiously!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:00 pm

I think you have been drinking too much of the red ink that was bothering you the other week.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:43 am

Yes, sacking MM will fix things after three losses on the trot, coming off the back of nine wins, the previous year having finished 15th.

It wouldn't fix things at all. Who is going to do a better job?
droche 2004 Capricorn

Buckley My Pussy (cat)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:08 am
Post subject: Re: Memo to EddieReply with quote

Ben From Bentleigh wrote:
SACK MICK NOW

If you don't sack him at least have a word to him about letting complacency settle in to our club.

WHY ARE WE DOWN ON CONFIDENCE.

Its because of YOU MICK.

After the Melbourne loss, you said that we didn't deserve to be in the top 4, and that the Saints were a better team.
Again this week you say that we are better placed than last year and that we are still exceeding expectations!!

You recognise that Licca is out of form.
You must also see that Leon is out of form.
You must see that Tarkyn isn't out best small backman, gets beaten by his opponent every week, Cracker, Farmer, Milne(spelling)

Tarrant Rocca, all out of form.
Morrison.

The list goes on.

Who have you dropped from the team, you allow them to continue to be bad play bad and reward them with a game.
You cant drop all at once but you cant say comments like. "As long as he has breath in his lungs I will continue to play him" (regarding Licca)

WE HAVE NO EXCUSES THIS YEAR MICK, you may have last year, but last year we had the worst injury list by a mile to all our key players.

Stop making excuses for them and take some responsibility.

droche 2004 Capricorn

Buckley My Pussy (cat)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 am

Comments like this don't help build confidence. All it does if give yourself and the playing group an excuse to loose!!!!

I repeat, we had injuries left right and centre the last 2 years. We don't have that problem now. We are missing 2-3 players.
The Bulldogs and Adelaide have half there list out.
Melbourne have had a this year.

(this was posted 3 weeks ago but is relevant now)

"We won't win them all: Magpies coach
Email Print Normal font Large font July 6, 2006 - 5:49PM

Collingwood has urged supporters not to live in "dream world" expecting wins every week.

Coach Mick Malthouse said fans needed to remember where the Magpies finished on the AFL ladder last year and to focus on the improvement.

"We were the 15th-placed side last year and let's not forget it," Malthouse said.

"I think we've made the most ground up on the ladder at round 14 on sides from last year.

"We've won almost double the amount of games that we did last year.

"We're a 9-4 side at the moment and that's around about reflective of the way we're playing."

He said the third-placed Magpies would face a severe test of their ambitions against St Kilda at Telstra Dome on Sunday in a game they expected to win.

But he warned against unrealistic expectations.

"Anyone in their right mind who expects Collingwood to go out there every week and win every game of football is living in dream world," Malthouse said.

"It's just not going to happen.

"We will have our ups and downs. We were going to have some very good wins and we're going to have some poor losses, and that's exactly what's taken place."

He described this year as one which should prepare the club for 2007 with a number of key players who missed a lot of last year working their way back to peak form.

"For us to be better prepared for next year, it's important we get the players who didn't play last year to get a year under their belt," Malthouse said.

Collingwood suffered with players such as Nathan Buckley, Anthony Rocca and Josh Fraser missing "a massive part of football" in 2005.

Malthouse said he saw Collingwood slotting into a second tier beneath ladder leaders Adelaide and West Coast.

"Adelaide and West Coast are clearly the best sides in the competition and we believe there's a group just below those - Melbourne, Sydney and a couple of others - and we blend in to the bottom part of that," he said."

Robert Walls (not really) 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:10 pm

Mick is the greatest coach since Sliced Bread. And even Sliced Bread couldn’t leave Lockyer on Framer all day.

How many did Farmer get on Lockyer last time they played 9.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:47 pm

MM is correct in saying that we will be a better chance in 2007 than this season, no questions asked there, but it sounds a bit like a wicketkeeper to 2006, in preparing for a spate of losses. I agree with him to an extent, but don't waste the chance now. We had a young list in 2002, but still fought on and made a Grand Final, despite a slump.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:55 pm

Make your mind up Droche. Do you want Mick to drop players so as not to reward them for bad play, or try and build their confidence by sticking with them and hoping that they fight their way through the current slump? Which is it? Fair dinkum, who'd be a coach!
Sammy Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:58 pm

Along with most players MM has been in terrible form the last month. just think for instance if we had Neil Craig as our coach, would he still be playing Licca every week? would he have left Lockyer on Farmer all day? would he be playing Morrison?? would have let Freo play with 2 or sometimes 3 loose men in defence and allow them to rebound with such ease. the answer to these would be NO.
Drop MM to Williamsown and promote Brad Gotch!
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:13 pm

I think we should have begun to worry when caracella started mentioning he was looking forward to being back when we were playing finals. If i recall correctly,please forgive me if i don't,but the word finals wasn't mentioned that much in 2002,2003.

plus,i think its concerning when this week i heard Johnson on a after match interview saying'we were switched on and ready for the swans match' now,aren't we meant to be switched on for every match or are we taking other teams lightly than others(ie:some r more important than others)

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:23 pm

I think the problem lies with some posters here whose reality is deluded with glorious expectations of a win each week and then want to sack the coach after the losses! Those who do not or REFUSE to see that we are in a much better position that at the same time last season. We finished 15th last season. Anything above that is an improvement for me. Building up a strong team does NOT happen overnight despite the totally unrealistic expectations of the Collingwood masses.
Gee it would be good if we could sack the stupid posters here instead of MM.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: