Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 14 v Casey @ Williamstown LIVE on ABC TV Sat

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Dale61 on Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dale61 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:35 pm

Last edited by Dale61 on Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dale61 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:37 pm

Last edited by Dale61 on Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dale61 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:43 pm

Last edited by Dale61 on Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:47 pm

Good game from Willi considering the conditions. Davies obviously enjoys playing in the wet. C3 played well especially as weather didn't suit the talls.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:53 pm

Heard on the radio earlier that Kosi had copped a broken nose in ressies. Can anyone have more bad luck?
Dale61 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:54 pm

Last edited by Dale61 on Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
woody-woody 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:11 pm

saw the Kosi replay and well if there were any consistency he would be reported for making contact with the umpire...contesting a ball up he ran straight into the back of the umpire throwing the ball up!

I know the guy has injuries but if that is an indication of his awareness then no wonder.

Seriously they were suspending guys for this sort of stuff a few years ago but would not expect any action for poor ol Kosi....actually the AFL can't show tribunal consistency over consecutive weeks let alone years...what was I thinking?
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:20 pm

MY two bobs,

Davies over 30 possies was fantastic, copped a heavy tag in the 3rd quater but was much too classy for anything that Casey could throw at him.

T-Cloke fantastic, really really good. Applied his big frame very well. Had over 30 possies as well.

Rowe- likewise was also classy. In the last kicked a ripper, Fadded to kick with his right and then swapped back onto his left and drilled it.

Harry- worked hard and looked to be directing traffic a bit. Good to see using his footy brain more. In the last was still sheparding and running hard.

Nichols- looked to enjoy the conditions. Good footy brain however sometimes tried to much. His handball was very effective he had high 20's possies

Stanley - did a few good things, didn't notice him too much but when i did it was for doing the right thing and not the wrong.

Egan - was good. However a bit soft i thought

Hall - conditions didnt suit him.

All collingwoods bench bar davies DNP.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
WKB 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:44 pm

Another good win from Williamstown, after a solid away win to back it up at home hopefully will give us some much needed consistency. Awful day down out Williamstown but I sat in my customary position on the 50m line at the scoreboard end, you would have seen us we were the only people sitting at that end of the ground.

One thing that seems to be with Towners this year is the slowish starts, even some of our big victories we've not started well. But shows that we can play out the 4 quarters when we knuckle down.

Although not Collingwood players I thought Steven Greene really helped set up the game today, his work early on was superb. Has been a great pickup for Williamstown.

Here is how I saw the Collingwood players

Stanley - reasonably quiet today, did some good defensive work late in the game, took marks dropping back, good spoils. With the weather maybe I didn't notice him but I don't recall him much throughout the game.

Yakka - was pretty good early without being spectacular, haven't watched the game back yet but I know he got injured as Gotchy made a mention of it at 3 quarter time. Hopefully nothing to serious.

Toovey - Keeps on backing himself and looks to have a good engine. Will go all day, even if he looks like he's tired (which happens to the younger players obviously) he will bust a gut to get to a contest to spoil. Ran well off the backline today and has got some real confidence in himself, kudos to the coaching staff for letting him play his game and stay in a position for whole games

Hall - His possessions probably won't be high but I thought he was quite good today. There weren't a lot of marks taken in contests in the forward 50 with both teams dropping players back, Hall had some great second efforts, keeping the ball in, shuffling it out to the smaller players. Again nothing spectacular but for his size he was willing to work with the ball at his feet, keeping it in play.

Tex - I assumed he got injured? Don't remember much of him at all.

Harry - Was his usual self, I think someone said he seems to be taking the generals role up back these days which shows some great maturity. One thing with Harry is he will never die wondering, he'll take players on. Even after he gets rid of it sometimes you wonder if he knew what he was going to do, but he worked well to get and use the pill and also ran to offer great support, some good shepards etc.

Iles - Got some pretty good touches in periods of the game, seemed to look pretty tired at stages, particularly a couple of times in the last quarter. Prior to that I thought he did some pretty good running across the flanks, not superb or BOG by any stretch but did contribute

Nicholls - If this fella and Toovey are the standard of our rookies we aren't going so bad. I think this kid is a geniune old fashioned no nonsense player. Will just go at the footy all day, today I don't think was any different. The stats might prove me wrong but probably isnt huge numbers in possessions but he is head over it when its there to be got. His focus is on the footy, which I've mentioned a thousand times, and he is a hard nut. I think I'm still underestimating his skills to as I tend to focus on his attack on the ball. Made a good contribution in periods throughout the whole game.

Rowe - Was great today, the weather was ordinary but his kicking was great, what did he end up with 3 goals? I know the all that he kicked were pretty tough shots. Really moves well up and down the wings, very rarely moving into the centre even, just roaming up and down providing the link player or dropping into the spots inside 50 to provide a short option. Really liked his game.

Egan - I thought he was fantastic today, second half was much better than the first but even then he was effective up till half-time. What i'm liking about Egan is you can see he is honest and working on his problem areas. You can see a marked improvement in the parts of his game he needed to work on, his overhead marking has been pretty good all year and today in the wet weather took some strong defensive marks. His second efforts have improved and playing him down back has forced him to have to keep the pressure on his opponent when the ball is on the deck. He has natural talent and the ability to read the play pretty well and get into space as a result but these other aspects are starting to come together. Great, hard-working second half.

Ben Davies - Named BOG i've just read here, hard to go past it. Just ran and ran all day. Kicked goals which was very important for Williamstown as it was going to be hard for a lot of the talls to take marks up forward. Really ran and delivered incredibly well.

Travis Cloke - For mine I thought he really swung the game for us in the second half, may have got my BOG votes. Wasn't bad in the first half by any stretch but his second half he was great. Moved up the ground, seem to almost be playing in the ruck around the ground. His hardness at the footy was incredible paving the way for his teammates to get the loose balls from these contests. Provided an option and never stopped moving opening up space even when the ball didn't go directly to him. Some of the pickups at full tilt, then turning tightly in the conditions was sensational. He kicked long and direct most of the day and ran to support either as a handball option or to offer a shepard. I thought he really helped change the game.

Gotchy summed it up when he said we were playing well because unlike the Scorpions we were backing our skills in as opposed to just bombing it in. I've seen Williamstown have much worse games in regards to skill in much better weather, today they were great. The tackling today was very strong and went a long way to setting up the solid victory.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:13 pm

10:20 AM Sat 15/Jul

Williamstown 17.15-117
vs
Casey Scorpions 6.4-40
Williamstown
Goal Kickers: K. Maghamez 5, B. Foley 4, L. Theodore 2, A. Mitchell 2, C. Proctor, J. Anthony, A. Cook, M. Cravino
Best Players: M. Boyd, R. Cook, M. Cravino, T. Langlands, L. Theodore, B. Foley
Casey Scorpions
Goal Kickers: D. Arezzolo 2, B. Fraser, C. Dunne, E. Panozza, E. McDonnell
Best Players: B. Carmody, C. Dunne, L. Carratelli, S. Fredricks, M. Bruin, S. O''Bryan
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:23 pm

did c1 or fanning play?

i didnt go and didnt watch it
Dale61 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:14 pm

Last edited by Dale61 on Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:44 am

Davies: BOG for mine. Very slick and classy in the wet, good ball use, found his targets and worked very hard. Will come close to senior selection next week.

T.Cloke: Good as far as big men go in the wet. Struggled below his kness but gave a contest and continued to present.

Stanley: Not all that busy, did a few 'bullocking' things.

Egan: Looked a class above at times, but was hardly prolific. Seemed to spend plenty of time across half back. Would like to see him go into the middle at some stage (for Willy).

Rowe: Another who was quite good, hit is targets (generally) and scored two nice goals, one from outside fifty. Played on the wing.

Iacobucci: Didn't do all that much on a day which would have suited him.

Iles: Worked and tackled hard, but didn't win too much of the ball.

Hall: Best I've seen him play (although I haven't seen much of him). Presented well and crashed a few packs. Interesting beard/hair, too.

Toovey: Provided plenty of leg speed and dash from the fullback line, really impressive and in time could prove a darkhorse for the seniors. Showed glimpses.

Nicholls: Should be persisted with. A speedy little player with good skills and likes to take the opposition on. Could end up something of a Stephen Milne.
WKB 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:16 am

Johnson#26 wrote:
T.Cloke: Good as far as big men go in the wet. Struggled below his kness but gave a contest and continued to present.

Interesting how everyone sees games slightly differently. I thought considering the conditions and the delivery at times that resulted from this, Travs work below his knees was a real standout. I'll probably watch the replay and see that he fumbled everything and I'm only remembering one or two pickups he did, its bloody happened before. But yeah even in dry weather I thought he worked well when the ball was on the deck let alone in the atrocious conditions that they faced at Point Gelibrand yesterday
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: