Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

For those wanting to know why I'm not responding...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:14 pm
Post subject: For those wanting to know why I'm not responding...Reply with quote

Apologies for the thread - those who don't talk to me personally, don't waste your time reading my mumbo jumbo.

I've had a few phone calls over the past week or so, asking where I've been. For those wanting to know (and to save me trying to reply to emails), I've been in and out of hospital and am on bedrest of the next few weeks.

I've severely hurt my pelvis (mainly rear left of my hip) and have pulled both quads and a hamstrung muscle from overdoing it with preparation training for next years womens season.

No I am not ignoring any emails that you've sent me, I simply do not have the time to being sitting on the computer at the moment because it hurts to sit on a chair, and I'm getting aggrivated with the SMS's every night hassling me, and calling me a snob (Hello - get over it!).

My doctor thinks I may have done in one of my verterbrae discs and it's pushing on my physiatic (sp!) nerve. I had an MRI done yesterday morning, and will have full results back during the week. Fingers crossed.

I am on and off work at the moment, so if you really need to speak with me, post me a PM (if you don't have my mobile number).

So far, I am still aiming to in Adelaide early next month, but I have cancelled all of my weekend trips to Melbourne over the next 5 weeks (sorry Dan), and my boss has delayed my relocation to Melbourne in October to January '07, so I can focus on getting back on my feet (worse case scenario, if I do go for surgery). I'm finding it hard to stay laying down instead of getting up walking around and doing stupid things eg; cleaning my house constantly! I was able to get time off to come to the Copeland Trophy night, but I've had to say no to this as well, just incase.

Please don't be a hater, and PLEASE don't get aggrivated with the lack of responses re Melbourne trips.

Will be back soon. Until then, take care. My B/F is checking my email accounts etc, so feel free to send him a msg, or PM MagpieDan or Tobes if you need to know what's happening.

Cheers,
Simone.

*End of Rant*

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Get well real quick Simone!
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:15 pm

Get well soon Syd_Magpies_Girl,

How did you manage to do all this? They sound pretty bad injuries...

Ben Smile

DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:17 pm

nah, shes really a snob, snobbing everyone haha!!!

nah nah, unfortnently yeah thats the situation, but mighty Simza will be back on her feet shortly! BUT dont fret fellow pies (and Simza) fans! Our mighty Simza will be back on her feet shortly, joining me in Adelaide in a Month when we take on the dirty dirty crows.

Shes a tough little nut, and luv 'er!!!

Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:28 pm

Thanks Kaylene Smile

Thanks Ben. They're mainly from not having enough physio over the last few months, but also lead from when I was very ill last year. I gained almost 40 kilo's from a tumour that messed up my hormones, and my body couldn't handle the extra weight on my hips, which has left them traumatised. I was practicing mark ups with my trainer last week, and I took a bad spill and fell straight onto my left side, twisting my hip. I played AFL and Soccer for a long time, and used to be a ballet dancing before I left High School. Not having had any rest in the last 5 years has just taken it's toll I guess.

I'm at work today unfortunately, we're 3 weeks behind, so I'll be drifting on and off here all day.

Hopefully I'll be back in time for the Crows game, fingers crossed. It really depends on whether my hip can handle walking around etc.

DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:12 pm

(puts on pirate voice) Agh, me hearty, ye will be goin to the Crows match, even if I have be having to push ye around in a wheelechaire!

Agh Agh (cough cough), Agh!

Robert Walls (not really) 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:31 pm

Sounds like you really done some injuries training for the women’s footy season, sounds more like you got hit by a bus on the way to training. You’ve been unlucky in your life lady. Weren’t you the one who said you had some problems with some men at the footy one day. I remember you saying that on a previous post. Life can be tough because as some of you know Wallsy’s wife passed away on the weekend after a long battle with cancer so I can understand how life can be tough. Crying or Very sad
Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:19 pm

I believe there has been a few girls on here who have had trouble with some guys at the footy, my incident was just anti-pies people throwing bottles and I happened to cop a cut to the back of my head.

I guess kharma may be biting me on the arse for being such a bitch! Very Happy Oh well. I got some results back about 20 minutes ago, but they're not really giving us answers as to why I can extend my left leg out infront of me. I went to a new remedial massage therapist on Saturday, and it feels worse. I really do think that she has aggrivated it more than anything, and instead of it being a nice pain as it usually is when I've had muscular problems, it hurt like hell and I was on the verge of passing out because I was crying so much.

The only so called 'helpful' news I got this afternoon was that they don't want me playing football for another 1 - 2 seasons, and would rather me invest in another 12 - 18 months worth of weight training again, like they made me do last year. The doctor said it will help strengthen my hips up again, and should eventually help overcome any trauma. I'm 20 years old and my body feels at least 10 years older than that. It's so depressing Sad

If anyone in Sydney can recommend any good physio's or chiro therapists, please PM me the number.

Now I've just gotta convince the boss to let me have some time off work!

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:30 pm

Best of luck Syd_Magpies_Girl, I wish you a speedy recovery Wink
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:47 pm
Post subject: Re: For those wanting to know why I'm not responding...Reply with quote

Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:
Apologies for the thread - those who don't talk to me personally, don't waste your time reading my mumbo jumbo.

I've had a few phone calls over the past week or so, asking where I've been. For those wanting to know (and to save me trying to reply to emails), I've been in and out of hospital and am on bedrest of the next few weeks.

I've severely hurt my pelvis (mainly rear left of my hip) and have pulled both quads and a hamstrung muscle from overdoing it with preparation training for next years womens season.

No I am not ignoring any emails that you've sent me, I simply do not have the time to being sitting on the computer at the moment because it hurts to sit on a chair, and I'm getting aggrivated with the SMS's every night hassling me, and calling me a snob (Hello - get over it!).

My doctor thinks I may have done in one of my verterbrae discs and it's pushing on my physiatic (sp!) nerve. I had an MRI done yesterday morning, and will have full results back during the week. Fingers crossed.

I am on and off work at the moment, so if you really need to speak with me, post me a PM (if you don't have my mobile number).

So far, I am still aiming to in Adelaide early next month, but I have cancelled all of my weekend trips to Melbourne over the next 5 weeks (sorry Dan), and my boss has delayed my relocation to Melbourne in October to January '07, so I can focus on getting back on my feet (worse case scenario, if I do go for surgery). I'm finding it hard to stay laying down instead of getting up walking around and doing stupid things eg; cleaning my house constantly! I was able to get time off to come to the Copeland Trophy night, but I've had to say no to this as well, just incase.

Please don't be a hater, and PLEASE don't get aggrivated with the lack of responses re Melbourne trips.

Will be back soon. Until then, take care. My B/F is checking my email accounts etc, so feel free to send him a msg, or PM MagpieDan or Tobes if you need to know what's happening.

Cheers,
Simone.

*End of Rant*

Thanks Simone i for one was wondering where you had been Shocked

You are a breath of fresh air around here and i have missed your postings, i hope you can make it to the adelaide game and join us all at the upcomming SA magpies supporter function which on all early accounts should be a bloody ball burster.
Get well soon simone if you need anything give us a holler you hear!! Razz

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:35 pm

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:40 pm

Don't worry about it, Dave.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:30 pm

He wasn't talking to you you egocentric robot! Laughing
hope you're feeling better soon Simone. We haven't had a debate for a while now and I'm getting bored Smile

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:40 pm

Hope you get well soon.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:00 am

Sorry to hear,

Good luck on the recovery
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: