Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Caufield Tips

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 10:31 am
Post subject: Caufield TipsReply with quote

Thoght I'd share some tips with you folks and then maybe you could share some winners back coz Caufield is my hoodoo track when it comes to tipping. I'll stick with the televised races since they'll be the only ones I will see. I have an alleged hamstring strain (i made it up) so that I can be 12th man and watch the tv at cricket tomorrow.

Race 4 - cant pick it. Four good chances. I'll put class on top which means they'll run this order....I hope 1, Favelon 11, Deprave 4, Windigo & 7, Camena

Race 5 - number 6, Rum is the only one i like in this one. Last start was terrible but I'm willing to give it another chance

Race 6 - 1, Viscount is the class horse and should win from 7, Pure Theatre & 14, Royal Code

Race 7 - horse 2, Northerly, he'll bolt in and it'll be his last win before sunline fixes him up in the cox plate.
Race 8 - I like the favourite again in this one 4, King Keitel to beat home 10, Lord Essex

Race 9 - Hopefully Gauci will kick home 2, Debrief in the last to recoup some of the money lost on my earlier bets.

I hope you all have a great day at the races.

Fradam Wrote This
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 6:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Falvelon should win.......

I dont think Northerly is a certainty

I like Mr Murphy but barrier 21 makes it hard

I have to back a local in the guines so i choose pure theatre..

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 12:32 pm

Ok thats the last time i post my tips. had a shocker, One winner and 3 placings. I hate caulfield, bring on the valley and flemington.

Fradam Wrote This
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 9:14 pm

That horse that won the Guineas looks like a dead-set champion. That has got to be the most devastating finishing run you would ever see at Caulfield. I didn't watch the race. I only saw the finish on TV but he looked to be a clear last on the turn. I wonder what the sectional times were. Did they go like scalded cats early in the race or something? I'd love to know what the winner ran his last 400 metres in. Just looking at him on T.V. he appeared to be airborne.

Of course, as a 3-y-o, he'll have no weight in the Cox Plate. All he'll need is someone to put some pressure on the leaders and they'll be a sitting shot.

**floreat pica**

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 5:30 am

man you must have had a bad day...luckily i got a place with le zagaletta in race 8..so i finished up in the end

pure magic...
Pies rock Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 5:31 am

About a month ago I put quite a bit on the Sunline/Universal Prince Cox Plate/Melbourne Cup double at $25. Now it's down to $7.50 and I reckon it's a really good thing. No one will touch the grand mare in the Cox Plate, she'll waltz home to her thrid Cox Plate at the Valley. Universal Prince is the standout in the Melbourne Cup and really should win it.

I'd just like to express my joy at Lonhro's win in the big race at Caulfield yesterday. Made my day quite profitable...

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 3:34 pm

Well this week for Caufiled Cup i like Ethereal as it ran on very well against Northerly to sneak into third. Kaaptaad Way will run well if dry on Saturday. I also think Sky Heights must have a good chance as Oliver must have some reason for choosing the horse.

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 10:52 am

Did my dough like SuckKilda in a rebuilding phase.

Freemason dealt a mortal blow to the quaddie I had going with JLC and a couple of others. Not that it mattered as we did not have Show A Heart either. Two thirds and two firsts does not a quaddie make.

The feature races nearly all went to horses with proven success (ie in prizemoney terms).

Greg J
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:32 pm

Well I lost half my investment. WHat did cheer me up though was my mates getting the first leg of the daily double and bombing out in the second. There was friction between the boys.

Fradam Wrote This
Woodsman 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 3:25 pm

Well wasn't I pissed.

3 legs of the quaddie and a second (The second mortgage). Oh Well al least a still got the Northerly into Show a Heart running double.

Woodsman 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 3:28 pm

My tip for the Caulfield Cup is Native Jazz. The horse was taken far too early in the Yalumba and I would forget that run.

I get the impression that the horse may have a little bit of a class edge on the rest of these. It will depend on Wednesdays barrier draw though.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 4:19 pm

The lesson i learnt is that i will not back Falvelon again. I have backed the horse twice on the nose and twice it has let me down.

I also backed Pure Theatre which gave me a good run for my money. The Second Mortgage was another horse i backed along with Libinius both got me places.

This week i want the trifecta in the Caufiled Cup. Nothing more and nothing less.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: