Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Best Mark for CFC

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 3:12 pm
Post subject: Best Mark for CFCReply with quote

We've had the best goal but who took the best mark?
Tarrant was robbed of mark of the year - much better than Moorcroft's, very similar to Michael Roach for Richmond in 1980.
Leon Davis took a great grab in the ANZAC clash. Billy Picken took some great grabs. For sheer guts, Millane took a brilliant one-hander against the don's- broken thumb and all in the 1990 final's campaign. Daicos took a speccy against Geelong in the 1980 preliminary final. But I reckon Dennis Banks against Footscray in the mid 80's was the best I can recall.
BJ

Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 6:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got this incredible photo on my wall of Ron Todd, 1938, pearched on this guys shoulders, but the best thing is his opponent is at least 3 feet off the ground himself. But I always like a good pack mark, Chris....

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Dgen 

Nick's BB Member #43

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 6:28 am

Brown26: I think I've seen that Ron Todd picture. Magnificent.

I like Bucks when we first played Port Adelaide. He had the sit so it wasn't that hard but still great to watch.

Tarrants is the best I can remeber but I may have seen better.

Another compilation video should be on the way from the club if you ask me!

Premiers - 020310171927282930353653589003
Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:58 pm

Yeah I remember Buck's mark - we were right behind it in the AFL members section, the best thing about that mark was you could tell for 2 seconds before it that Bucks had the sit and was about to take a ripper. Magnificent!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 2:26 am

Here comes Billyyyyy

Bill Picken in (I think) 1976 v St.Kilda.
Mark of the year to a Collingwood legend.

NevilleBartos 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 10:45 am

So are you saying that Tarrant's doesn't rate? Surely it could squeeze into your top 10. I'm not telling you how to suck eggs, just that it was a rippa grab, that's all. The ones you mention are also beauties.

No one has mentioned Sav's on ANZAC day up the punt road end. Considering the crowd and occasion, it had something special about it.

There's two photos that I have always been in awe of. One was a grab (I suppose he held it) that Dick Lee took, and the other is the Todd grab that has been referred to in previous posts.

For mine though, Chris Tarrant's is the best. Probably because I was there and I think when you actually see a great mark live, the thing that makes it memorable is the crowd reaction. The reaction to Tazza'a was spine-chilling stuff. What a memory it is.

Look at me mate, I'm flyin'

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 12:03 pm

Ross "Twiggy" Dunne in the drawn GF of 1977. How did he take that? I still can't tell and I'v seen it a million times. To take that grab in the pack in the dying moments of a Grand Final when you are 6 points down was awesome. I was there but I was too young to appreciate it at the time. I still remember someone yelling, it's a mark it's a Collingwood mark. I had no idea eactly what had happened because we couldn't see his hands on the ball but when I realised he had it my mate and I jumped a mile in the air and screamed something out (don't know what). I remember the stunned people after the siren and wonderring if we would get tickets next week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: