Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Well how did it go?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> SA Magpies Supporters Group

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a smaller turn out than I expected, having said that, I turned up almost when it had finished and couldn't stand up so who knows Laughing I personally only got to hear the speech from the Socceroos bloke, Joffa and that was about it.

DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:24 pm

yeah both me and Sim were a little late. Adelaide is very difficult to get around if you havent been there before, and we ended up missing a bus, which resulted in us missing a tram to Glenelg, hence why we were late.

Could one of the SA Magpies give us a run down on how you guys thought it went?

Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:01 am

Coming from Sydney and Melbourne, I'm used to having PT at the tip of my finger. Adelaide was a very different story, especially for a weekend. I guess they don't need it because it's not as populated.

SA Magpies 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:12 am

Hi,

Last Saturday was a big occasion for SA Magpies - our biggest function so far! We were very happy with the day.

About 80 people attended. Some arrived late after attending a local game and negotiating the (yes, simple - but to be fair, unfamiliar) Public Transport system.

It was marcellous to see 'Pies fans from Perth, Victoria and Syd ...AND TASSIE... all mingling together with the local SA Magpies. That's what it's all about!!!

The guest speakers Matthew Elliott, Michael Valkanis and Joffa were very well received and Tobes' inspirational speech on the bus to AAMI also added to the occasion. Thanks again!

The signed guernsey went to a fella from Melbourne called Scott. The signed books "The Machine" and "Collingwood History of Vic Park" were among the other popular prizes.

Thanks and congratulations to all the people who helped organising the day to make it such a success. It's a pity we couldn't arrange an extra 5 points in the last quarter to really top off an awesome day.

The Crows might be a bit nervous if they have to take us on in a final at AAMI!!!

Go 'Pies.

Cheers,

Marty
SA Magpies

Website "http://samagpies.magpies.net/".

Last edited by SA Magpies on Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:40 pm

You forgot us who came from Tassie Very Happy

It was ok, i enjoyed the bus trip hee hee just laughing at the songs sung on the bus.

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> SA Magpies Supporters Group All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: