Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Scalping

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

London Dave wrote:
Interesting point you make Culprit...if I was given the tickets and couldn't go, I've firstly tried to return them or if that wasn't possible, given them on to friends..if I've paid for them, and no mates want them at face value, it's ebay time.

If I couldn't go and someone said they would give me $1000, I would take the cash and still sleep good at night. Razz
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:33 pm

Depends if you bought the tcikets or not. If you were given the tickets, then sold them, you may find that the people who originally gave you the tickets are sitting right next to 'you'.

If they know you, and you don't front.....or the people who you sold them to are dickheads, you may 'sleep easy' but I think the people who originally gave you the tickets may start to wonder about you're integrity. If you're happy to flog their 'gift', you'll probably be happy to rip them off commercially.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:47 pm

Gift? never mentioned it so don't pull the integrity rubbish.

I am talking about if I brought the tickets and someone said I will give you $1000 for it.

There is no difference than if I buy a car off you for $100, sell it the next day for $1000.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:51 pm

Oh. . . I see now. .
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:54 pm

I think I made the point in my original post, if I paid for them, I'm free to sell em...if they're a commercial 'gift', I wouldn't do it.

first time you've mentioned you originally paid for the tickets though. That is a crucial difference imho.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:56 pm

I never mentioned it as I have never had anyone offer me for free a Grand Final ticket to a Collingwood game other than family, so it never entered my mindset.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:58 pm

Getting tickets though work is pretty much the only way I get to see sport these days!!!!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:59 pm

London Dave wrote:
Getting tickets though work is pretty much the only way I get to see sport these days!!!!

I get offered tickets to games that upper management don't want to go too. lol

Finals tickets out of the question as always.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:33 pm

London Dave wrote:

Those croquet tics are so hard to get these days.

Eunos - official NBB sniper by appointment. Proudly sniping since 2001.
PM for a quote.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:00 pm

Culprit wrote:
JLC wrote:
In England it is called touting and it is a big time operation. They work as a little network and look like a bunch of rats working the people outside the stadium. There would easily be 30 - 50 of them and most operate as a group.

If you want a ticket then you speak to a tout outside the ground, who then makes a call and arranges you to go to a pub to meet another tout to collect the ticket. Sometimes they arrange for the ticket to be brought to them or sometimes they have the tickets on them but that is risky. Makes it impossible for the Police to stop. Mind you the Police dont seem to try very hard.

Then you have the issues of the touts having forged tickets which they sell (bought one without knowing lol) and makes profits on as well.

I think it is disgusting as the real fans tend to miss out as demand especially in England for the football exceeds supply.

If you are an ordinary person who has bought a ticket and decides not to go then sell the ticket at face value to a friend or a genuine supporter Smile

jlc

Lets say you have a Grand Final ticket and you can't go and a person offers you $1000 for it. They are a genuine supporter. You would just give them the ticket and not take the $1000?

Well earlier this year i went to the last ever game between Arsenal and Liverpool at higbury. I met up with these Liverpool supporters and they had a spare ticket. They easily could have got Ł300 pounds for the ticket and i offered them a little more than face value. However they said no we are not touts and only accepted face value.

ITS CALLED HAVING CLASS

Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:09 pm

Scalpers = people who have never missed out on going to something that they really wanted to simply because they couldn't afford scalpers rates.

How would you feel if, as a life long Collingwood supporter, you didn't get picked out of our 'magic ballot' for the Grand Final and the only tickets that were available were from people had them for sale at a price you couldn't afford.

I dunno, but for me that is a NIGHTMARE scenario. I couldn't think of anything worse. And that is what scalping is. And I think the clubs who sell those pathetic packages are no different.

Money is nice and all.. but come on a line must be drawn and I agree with JLC... maybe it says a lot about society and how people are in general now.

A ticket to an event should never be an investment. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:12 pm

I can do what you do but I can never feel human emotions as such. I've heard that before.
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:02 pm

My mates have offered me more for the tickets but im not taking it, they are friends and i dont deserve any money for getting the tickets all i did was click a mouse button.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
sam. Capricorn

formally known as BRoDieZ^BaBY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:46 am

Lorelei wrote:
Scalpers = people who have never missed out on going to something that they really wanted to simply because they couldn't afford scalpers rates.

How would you feel if, as a life long Collingwood supporter, you didn't get picked out of our 'magic ballot' for the Grand Final and the only tickets that were available were from people had them for sale at a price you couldn't afford.

I dunno, but for me that is a NIGHTMARE scenario. I couldn't think of anything worse. And that is what scalping is. And I think the clubs who sell those pathetic packages are no different.

Money is nice and all.. but come on a line must be drawn and I agree with JLC... maybe it says a lot about society and how people are in general now.

A ticket to an event should never be an investment. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Stupid ballot.. I hated it..

Went to the grand final in 2002, payed $1,300 for 2 tickets at the top of the old ponsford stand.. shittest seats..
Couldn't afford to go again in 2003.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:18 am

BRoDieZ^BaBY wrote:
Lorelei wrote:

Stupid ballot.. I hated it..

Went to the grand final in 2002, payed $1,300 for 2 tickets at the top of the old ponsford stand.. shittest seats..
Couldn't afford to go again in 2003.

I sat at top deck of ponsford too...but i got tickets in the ballot

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: