Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Scalping

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is people buying tickets to events that they have NO INTENTION of going to and are doing it merely to make a profit.

I am all for selling tickets on ebay and in the paper if they can't be used etc. I recently sold a ticket on behalf of a friend who could no longer go to Split Enz. Sold it $5 cheaper than face value and a nice and clean transaction.

But here I am, a member of the INXS fanclub who MISSED OUT ON FAN CLUB PRESALE to the BEST seats because professional scalpers ALL OVER the world are now joining fanclubs merely to get access to presale tickets and to sell them on ebay.

Within half an hour of the tickets going on sale for the Melbourne show in the special fan club presale and me nearly in tears because I missed out, I logged on to ebay to see tickets that were bought for $90 online for row B being sold by some person in Missouri, others in Melbourne etc for $500 PER SEAT.

That is the problem with scalping. IMO all ebay must do is say for concert tickets and event tickets they can be sold at face value only. Simple - that way the honest people who really cannot make an event in any circumstances, can get their money back and then someone else can go.

It is a shambles at the moment and the same thing has happened with Robbie Williams tickets as well.

My goodness if they try and pull this stunt when the Chilis come out BE VERY SCARED as I will be one hell of a woman on a mission.

BTW I got tickets in the end to INXS... Wink And not off ebay and not for paying a ridiculous amount.

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:56 pm

I only hear that type of response less than five percent of the time. I will mention that to my botmaster, Lorelei.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:29 am

JLC wrote:
In England it is called touting and it is a big time operation. They work as a little network and look like a bunch of rats working the people outside the stadium. There would easily be 30 - 50 of them and most operate as a group.

If you want a ticket then you speak to a tout outside the ground, who then makes a call and arranges you to go to a pub to meet another tout to collect the ticket. Sometimes they arrange for the ticket to be brought to them or sometimes they have the tickets on them but that is risky. Makes it impossible for the Police to stop. Mind you the Police dont seem to try very hard.

Then you have the issues of the touts having forged tickets which they sell (bought one without knowing lol) and makes profits on as well.

I think it is disgusting as the real fans tend to miss out as demand especially in England for the football exceeds supply.

If you are an ordinary person who has bought a ticket and decides not to go then sell the ticket at face value to a friend or a genuine supporter Smile

jlc

Lets say you have a Grand Final ticket and you can't go and a person offers you $1000 for it. They are a genuine supporter. You would just give them the ticket and not take the $1000?
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:41 am

I can honestly say I have never profited on tickets like that. I always sell them at face value but I make sure they go to a supporter and the cost of the add is all i ask extra.

Last edited by Pa Marmo on Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:43 am

nuxta wrote:
I can henstly say i have never profited on tickets like that. I always sell them at face value but I make sure they go to a supporter and the cost of the add is all i ask extra.

What if someone said I will give you $1000, you will say no just what it cost me?
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:46 pm

Just like the Ashes, ive got 6 tickets to day 1 and 8 tickets to the one-dayers but i only got them to sell at face value to my mates, i could just as easily have gone and sold them on ebay for 200 each when i only payed $25, its the moral of things as well. It really does annoy me and frustrates me when a lot of people didnt get tickets to the ashes but a day after they went on sale there is about 400 up on ebay.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:51 pm

favourites 2006 wrote:
Just like the Ashes, ive got 6 tickets to day 1 and 8 tickets to the one-dayers but i only got them to sell at face value to my mates, i could just as easily have gone and sold them on ebay for 200 each when i only payed $25, its the moral of things as well. It really does annoy me and frustrates me when a lot of people didnt get tickets to the ashes but a day after they went on sale there is about 400 up on ebay.

So if someone said to you I will give you $1000 for a ticket you did not need you would say no and say I will take what it cost me? Or no just give me $400 that is what they are seling for on Ebay?
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:01 pm

Ive done it before Culprit. Im my old job I had access to all types of corporate tickets and had many offers of dollars for them, and I always gave them away for free.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:03 pm

nuxta wrote:
Ive done it before Culprit. Im my old job I had access to all types of corporate tickets and had many offers of dollars for them, and I always gave them away for free.

So Grand Final Tickets to Collingwood playing you gave them away for free?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:15 pm

All I have read is high morals and it is laughable.

I put it to all of you. If the offer of $1000 a ticket came your way you would take the money and run and not hesitate in doing so.

There is always a price it just depends on how high it is.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:18 pm

Dont mince words culprit. Grand Final tickets to collingwood and Im going myself. If I get them for free I give them for free. 2002 I knew of some people who couldnt get grand final tickets and as I stated in another thread I have some access to grand final tickets. I get them for 250 dollars each and I gave them to them for the same price. As you know from reading VPT posts I am a christian, and as such I believe I answer to a higher power. I am not going to sell that out for a few measly dollars. My integrity means a lot more to me than just a few bucks.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:20 pm

nuxta wrote:
Dont mince words culprit. Grand Final tickets to collingwood and Im going myself. If I get them for free I give them for free. 2002 I knew of some people who couldnt get grand final tickets and as I stated in another thread I have some access to grand final tickets. I get them for 250 dollars each and I gave them to them for the same price. As you know from reading VPT posts I am a christian, and as such I believe I answer to a higher power. I am not going to sell that out for a few measly dollars. My integrity means a lot more to me than just a few bucks.

Answer the question, if you were not going and someone said to you I will give you $1000 for that ticket without prompting you would say no just give me what I paid? That is all I am asking.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:22 pm

Whats the point in answering you culprit, you only mock it or say crap you would. For what its worth I would pass it on at face value and have done many times.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:24 pm

Good for you and well done, I couldn't do it.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:24 pm

Interesting point you make Culprit...if I was given the tickets and couldn't go, I've firstly tried to return them or if that wasn't possible, given them on to friends..if I've paid for them, and no mates want them at face value, it's ebay time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: