Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

This is obviously a Hot issue !!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 1999 12:29 pm
Post subject: This is obviously a Hot issue !!!Reply with quote

Dear Flock,

After I sent the last email I’ve been flooded with responses from friends of mine who I also sent a copy to. It seems like I’ve opened a keg of weevils here because most of my friends are in total agreement and cannot understand why we’re 14th on the Internet ladder.

Dear Mr. McGuire,

Some additional thoughts on my int-digestion,,, for our beloved, venerated and most holy Club,

1. The first and most important point is to do with our “IMAGE”. One could rightfully assume that any part is a reflection of the whole, and if this part is disorganized and confusing then,,,,,,,, what does that tell us about the corporate leaders?
2. COMMUNICATION to supporters and also back to the Club. There is such a large and ever growing supporter base in the electronic outer and it can only be nurtured with the right tools available. A dinky die web site will reach all those maggie fans in the virtual outer, all over the world.
3. $MONEY$ for the Club. I received a flyer on Cwood products for sale, do the administrators know about e-commerce and the potential revenue associated with instant access. Does AMAZON.COM ring a bell?
4. INFORMATION. Does the Cwood Admin have any idea about IT and what it can potentially achieve? I'd love to know if they have any solid Database applications in place let alone an IT strategic plan. In this day and age I can't understand how any club can hope to be successful without such an information infrastructure.
5. IMPLEMENT NOW. Why not utilise one of the many existing web sites run by dedicated supporters. Nicks home page is a beauty, it won an award and is the AGE of bulletin boards. Hot-Rods home page is definitely the TRUTH but nevertheless it does a good job.
6. Who is the Admin Manager responsible for the “swamp” and what is he doing about it?
7. Do any of the emails sent to the home page ever reach the Club? Of course they should do, because of the potential for information flow to our Club.

All the best to you mate and if I can help in any way don't hesitate to ask.
Best regards,
Pie no sauce.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: