Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Demerit points ...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leelee Scorpio

Live. Love. Race.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one screwed up little system that they have there
Magpie 24 Libra

AT least I have more than one jacket

Location: YIHAA! Welcome to redneck land. All typing furiously!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:56 pm

Alternatively, you could obey the road rules.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:38 am

The key is in your post Tess.
Once you plead guilty, or pay a fine which in essence is admitting guilt, then the points are added.
Makes perfect sense as you cannot incur the penalty until guilt has been proven/admitted.
Sorry.

Eunos - official NBB sniper by appointment. Proudly sniping since 2001.
PM for a quote.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:02 am

There use to be a flaw (urban myth) in the system you paid $1 more than the due fine by cheque. They would then send you out a refund of $1 by cheque. What you did then is not bank the cheque and the system would not finalise the payment even though it would show it as paid. Your points would not come off.

If you cop a fine, those points do not come off for three years. If you get the option to drive for 12 months without incurring a fine or accept the suspension period you are better off doing the suspension as when you get your licence back you start with 12 points. The 12 month period you get back sweet fa.

Remember if you see a speed camera it is perfectly legal to flash your headlights to oncoming traffic. You are no longer hindering police as the camera operators are contractors not police officers.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:03 am

Magpie 24 wrote:

When you finish school and get to drive a car you will get a dose of revenue reality. Rolling Eyes
pica 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:39 am

Culprit wrote:

Remember if you see a speed camera it is perfectly legal to flash your headlights to oncoming traffic. You are no longer hindering police as the camera operators are contractors not police officers.

Isn't it illegal to have your lights on high beam within a certain distance of another vehicle?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:46 am

To leave them on yes, to flick them on and off no
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:24 am

Culprit wrote:
Magpie 24 wrote:

When you finish school and get to drive a car you will get a dose of revenue reality. Rolling Eyes

My speedo is out of whack.........by anywhere between about 5 and 10 kilometres. It actually shows higher than what I'm doing....and that's a wonderful thing because I drive to my speedo and have never had a fine. This car is only 5 years old.

Actually in almost 30 years of driving, I've never had a speeding ticket, nor lost any points.

There's really no excuse, even if it is revenue raising.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:42 am

The system is set up to make money and your correct in saying don’t break the law then you won’t get fined. The problem is that ADR design rules on speedometers allow a 10% + or – regarding their accuracy. Speed Camera’s don’t have that they just click. I prefer a visible police presence, but the Governments don’t like that as the cost of fuel and man power hurts their bottom line. Cameras in Victoria are a subcontractor where the state just makes money.

While the Police and Governments run the line that the road toll is down compared to 10 years ago they also avoid saying that cars have improved. The Victorian State Government won’t release figures on the west gate bridge over accident statistics before and after the speed cameras located on there. There are more accidents on the bridge now and this is caused by people watching their speedo not the road. Under FOI they have to release the figures, they are trying to delay and block them at all costs.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:34 am

pica wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Isn't it illegal to have your lights on high beam within a certain distance of another vehicle?

Damn I wish I was a cop, I could fine about 100 motorists every night, I cant believe how many assholes drive with their high beams on in well lit areas Rolling Eyes

As for demerit points, I havent had to worry so far, in my trip to Uni there are no speed cameras, none on the Eastern freeway and the only fine I have ever got was in a car registered to Dad Twisted Evil

For a speed demon like me to have 1 fine in 2 years isnt a bad effort Razz Although I do rack up the parking fines

Although it was funny on Sunday, i was doing between 100-110 on the Eastern freeway and people were roaring past and complaining I was going too slow. Though I pissed one person off, got them stuck behind me and beside someone else doing about 95 for a while, they gave up, moved out to another lane and then I sped up and they never caught up, I love doing that Razz
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:23 am

Tess wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Although it was funny on Sunday, i was doing between 100-110 on the Eastern freeway and people were roaring past and complaining I was going too slow. Though I pissed one person off, got them stuck behind me and beside someone else doing about 95 for a while, they gave up, moved out to another lane and then I sped up and they never caught up, I love doing that Razz

I love dealing with fools like you. I'm guessing you drive a 4wd that has never seen a bit of rough road.

Ya see I'd get up beside you block you in, so when you need to move left to exit the Freeway... I'd be there. You couldn't outrun the Magna on a freeway so you'd miss your turn off.

No I dont drive a 4wd, and I rarely ever get off the freeway, 99% of the time I use it is to go from 1 end to the other Smile But I can guarantee you no one could stop me getting off if I wanted to, although if I was in my BIL 4wd then you would be in trouble Twisted Evil

I only ever annoy 2 types of drivers on the road

1. Those who sit right on your arse, often I am speeding anyway yet they want to go even quicker

2. Those who sit on your arse with their high beams on at night, damn I hate them Evil or Very Mad
Magpie 24 Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:34 pm

I refute your agreement with each other.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:39 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
pica wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Damn I wish I was a cop, I could fine about 100 motorists every night, I cant believe how many assholes drive with their high beams on in well lit areas Rolling Eyes

As for demerit points, I havent had to worry so far, in my trip to Uni there are no speed cameras, none on the Eastern freeway and the only fine I have ever got was in a car registered to Dad Twisted Evil

For a speed demon like me to have 1 fine in 2 years isnt a bad effort Razz Although I do rack up the parking fines

There is a current tender in place for speed cameras to be put on the Eastern.
Magpie 24 Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:56 pm

Tess wrote:
Ed, as a professional driver my experience in metropolitan driving is extensive. I often amaze people who are in the car with me as I predict what the cars in front or behind are about to do. The Roads are my office. Now I have a car that allows me to dictate terms instead of a car that just scares people into thinking I don't care if they hit me I have fun.

Even traffic police doing the hook turn intersections in the CBD have been instructed by moi at times.... I'm not over confident, but I know my ability and my cars.

I guess that's why you lost your driver's licence for all those traffic infringements.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:28 am

Magpie 24 wrote:
I refute your agreement with each other.

I refute your existence Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: