Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 10 Williamstown v Geelong

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MS86, could we please use that report on Nicks Collingwood Page? It'd be fantastic if possible. "D
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:21 pm

That one man cheer squad was hopeless.
They had 3 people doing the chant and the rest of the pavilion laughing every time...
thought they would have learnt after a couple times. The worst part about it was i was sitting 4 or 5 metres from the chanters! and they call us pies supporters nuff nuffs... i recon if you were after the definition, they were it.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:14 am

That wind and rain at the end of the 1st quarter was savage. I thought Cam Cloke was excellent in those shitty conditions. John Anthony looks the goods and Racer looked to be running into touch. Did you guys see him give it to Varcoe. Give him a bit of a rough up then a big verbal spray.
Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:28 am

Rhyce Shaw is a psycho on-field.
Varcoe went off injured , hope it's not the foot again.

WKB 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:20 am

In what was atrocious conditions at times Williamstown made a very solid return to the winners list, particularly running away with it in the last quarter.

Collingwood Players -

Ryan Cook - Was practically non-existent today, seemed to be on the bench for long periods, or was it just that he was just that quiet in the game

Stanley - Another who didn't have his best game for Williamstown. Bobbed up with some disposals but didn't have any real influence on the game. But like Cook there is certainly no concern that "geez these kids seem to be going nowhere", simply just quiet games which is expected.

Shannon Cox - He is a strong boy this one, I liked his game today. Played what I'd call a bookender, good first and last quarters. But he did spend time on the bench. But another of our rookies who shows that he can go a bit.

Alan Toovey - He's as honest as the day is long, never gives up on anything. Which isn't to say that is his only attribute but you can't help but admire his workrate. Another solid game. he was in the centre for the opening bounce so a lot of faith shown in him from the coaching staff.

Harry - Played like he had been in the AFL, always and I mean ALWAYS backs himself. Of course sometimes you wonder if he knows exactly what he is going to do with it once he inevitably wins it but he always seems to make a decent one. Ran all day off the backline and provided a link in midfield on more than one occasion as Towners ran it out of the backline.

Ben Davies - If I have to be honest I don't think Davies had a great game today, as I've said before the stats will probably prove me wrong but he didnt' have a great impact. He wasn't alone in some bad kicking but I remember some of his for some reason. He seemed to roll his ankle in a tackle early on so not sure if that was niggling him through the game, he played on so wasn't to bad but could have been still worrying him, not sure.

Rusling - Got better as the game went on a couple of chases in the last quarter showed his fitness isn't an issue. I don't remember a lot of him early on but his second half it seemed to me he got more of the ball. Was he playing wing? Centre? Roaming half forward or halfback. Still probably a couple of weeks away if they want him to play that role in the seniors but its good to have him back playing.

Chris Egan - I thought he was great today, started off in the backline again, the last line of defence and he has really taken to the defensive side of his game, which you would be fair to say was one of his weakest points. Moved up forward late in the game and was great, did some classic Egan bits of flashiness. His overhead marking is just coming on in leaps and bounds and particularly today when the weather didn't suit any sort of marking he took some very, very strong marks in defence. He is working really hard on all parts of his game and i'm excited about how well he is going about becoming a more complete player.

David Fanning - had a solid game, the dual ruck of him and Cam worked well today. Fanning worked well around the ground, dropping back on several occasions to take some defensive marks and moved forward to create an extra option. Was pretty good.

Tex Walker - Now I've been critical of Tex but his game was great. I couldn't believe his kicking and how good it was in a game that was littered with bad kicks (due to the conditions). He has the most ugly drop of the ball but he hit some good targets. Beat his opponent when playing down back, a few time outmarking them. His one problem is that he turns slower than some of the container ships you see out behind the Point Gelibrand oval. But its not fair to pick that out when he played a good game.

Cam Cloke - Easily in our best two today, was superb. Started up forward and played fantastically, makes a contest of everything. But really come into when he went into the ruck, really dominated in that position and he was fantastic.

John Anthony - I thought he was our best today, can say what you like about how Kingsley played but Anthony gave him a literal bath. Started on him at the opening bounce and didn't give him an inch. Kingsley tried to move him around and it played into his hands, great runs off the backline and you could put him down for a few goal assists in with his runs from the backline ending with delivery deep into the forward line. I'm curious to know if this kid will ever panic, a few times he picked the ball up deep in defence and had 2 players right on his hammer but he side-stepped or held onto the ball until the best option came available.

On a sidenote, although it wasn't as bad as it sounded last week, Williamstown were on the end of sh*thouse umpiring again. What was it easily 6 questionable free kicks they got in front of goal?

My highlight, 35 mtrs out from our goal the umpire gives them a free kick then a 50m penalty. The 50m penalty ends up 35mtrs out from there goal. I didnt realise the ground was that short. Someone said it may have been two 50m penalties but even then it was about 15m short of that.
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:47 am

Johnson#26 wrote:
MS86, could we please use that report on Nicks Collingwood Page? It'd be fantastic if possible. "D

Yeh sure, feel free, might want to use WKBs summary above which is very good and more detailed, my post was just quick thoughts after the game, I agree with 99% of WKB said, pretty spot on.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:58 am

Great reports 86 and WKB, exactly the sort of reports I hope to see on CFC players in the Willi games. Great to get multiple reports as well, since they have different opinions and angles on each player.
Anthony sounds like he is going to be a corker, and many others coming good, very good news.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:30 am

Quote:

Yeh sure, feel free, might want to use WKBs summary above which is very good and more detailed, my post was just quick thoughts after the game, I agree with 99% of WKB said, pretty spot on.

Thanks, mate.

WKB, could we please use yours, too? Smile
woody-woody 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:42 am

thanks for the reports fellas...look forward to them every week.

Best part about Anthony's game if that form line continues is it gives great competition for a spot in the defence. Last week everyone thought Harry was a monty (his form would help him too) but now Anthony emerges with some form to match the talent.

Good news re Rhyce. Just love his attitude and it must be great for some of the younger blokes to see how important it is not to drop your head. Have a great break Rhyce and hopefully we'll see you back in the seniors. Ditto Cam Cloke.

Cook's game highlights what is certain about youngsters - they are inconsistent. Very enthused about last week but the lesson he takes away is that you need to string it together before getting considered.

MM has used the emergency list well this year as a reward for consistency.

The Rus seems to be taking slower than we all thought. That said I'm rapt to hear he is playing up the field. Given the pre-season hype he may have thought he'd come straight back into the seniors. He'd know now its 2006 not 2005 so he's gonna have to work for it. If any of that potential can match form (and in the mid-field) then I'm happy to wait another 6 weeks to see it in B&W.

Mixed reviews on Egan. Would rather hear about strong marks in defence and sweeping play than 2 flashy goals. Like the Rus they're using this time to find out if he has another string to his bow.
WKB 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:24 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks, mate.

WKB, could we please use yours, too? Smile

Mate what I write on here is for everyone to read so feel free to use it but MS86 got in first so don't use mine over his.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:14 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:
Quote:
John Anthony - fantastic game, especially in the 3rd quarter he killed Kingsley and gave plenty of run out of the back line - he was a highlight of the day for me to see him developing

Not a bad sign to have him dominating a class AFL full forward.

Thanks for the updates, guys. Smile

Now there's the perfect example of an oxymoron, Kingsley and the phrase "class AFL full forward" being used on the same page!
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:35 pm

Official details from http://vfl.footballvic.com.au/?s=results

Williamstown
Goal Kickers: A. Williams 4, P. Rose 3, D. Galea 3, C. Cloke 2, S. Cox 2, B. Lloyd, B. Johnson, K. McKenzie, C. Egan

Best Players: B. Johnson, H. Lawry, C. Cloke, B. Lloyd, T. Walker, J. Anthony

rand corp 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:09 am

Always look forward to your reports on here boys, well done and thanks
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:37 am

rand corp wrote:
Always look forward to your reports on here boys, well done and thanks

Particularly useful for those of us who live in rural area's or interstate. Especially as we can't seem to get on the ABC's telecast.
vinnie_vegas69 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:26 pm

If we can get Rhyce Shaw in the side for some defensive ability and run, and Harry O'Brien back into the seniors to take Nick Maxwell's spot, we should be looking better.

This, in addition to Swan and Holland making their returns, and we will look a bit better.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: