Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The homosexual question

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

nuxta wrote:
Prove it isnt.

I dont have to Nuxta, thats what we have science for, go talk to any geologist, but dont offer up your unsupported fairy tales from a book that has so many holes in it that it is considered a scholastic laughing stock among the scientific community, the bible is for ignorant children that need a nice little story before bedtime

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:04 pm

Yor weak ace. A petulant little internet fairy, who gets his jollies trying to be the font of all knowledge. I grow tied of your meaningless caterwalling and pontifications on all things spiritual. Ridicule and poke fun at me for I care not for your thoughts. Good day to you sir.
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:02 pm

nuxta wrote:
Yor weak ace. A petulant little internet fairy, who gets his jollies trying to be the font of all knowledge. I grow tied of your meaningless caterwalling and pontifications on all things spiritual. Ridicule and poke fun at me for I care not for your thoughts. Good day to you sir.

I am ridiculing fundamentalist belief, it is ridiculous and ignorant, we live in the scientific age and the age of the earth is not in dispute. If you think that is a personal attack then you are identifying with yourself with your beliefs... always a dangerous practice

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:26 am

aceofstace wrote:
David from Canberra wrote:
One thing that I strongly agree with, that the Bible teaches is that humility is a virtue. I believe arrogance leads to ignorance because it closes the mind and leads to a view of everyone else as inferior. This is clearly a problem you suffer from aceofstace. Basically, in your mind, you are right and everyone else is a poor dumb moron who just is not as enlightened as you are. Therefore debate, or even discussion with you is futile and pointless.

If you must resort to insults Dave then yes I agree it is pointless debating you, but I cant help it if the entire world agrees on the age of the earth and that conflicts with your religious beliefs

You're like a child, aceofstace. Always dodging the argument, and if you look to be losing, just repeat the same thing over and over again stubbornly. I can only assume your constant claims surrounding my 'religious beliefs' serve to prove some kind of a point, or to wind me up. Either way, you have failed.
You claimed that I insulted you with my previous post, when I said you were arrogant, and then subsequently proved my point by claiming that "over 80% of Americans are morons", and believe that
aceofstace wrote:
they are a pack of illiterate rednecks
that's just dumb. You have taken an entire diverse country and put the inhabitants under one stereotype, that probably only applies to 5% of the population of Texas. Your following claim also interested me.
aceofstace wrote:
oh and ps: surveys show 60% of them also believe in Aliens hope that clears things up for you

I'm interested. Are you seriously suggesting that there is no chance whatsoever that intelligent life exists outside of Earth? While I have my own theories, I would hardly say you could just declare one or the other to be true. I would suggest this is another example of arrogance, belief that you know everything about the universe and how it works.

It's a shame I reckon. As the first post in this thread showed, you have the ability to start a thought-provoking thread, and you possess a degree of intelligence. However, your massive ego, and delight in and continual search for conflict, only annoys people. Basically, I'm over it. See ya Smile

wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:39 am

Oh Dave, personal opinions and insults again, completely pointless and meaningless

The illiteracy rate in America is over 50%... nuff said

As for aliens, yes I believe there is intelligent life in the universe, I just dont believe its landing in my backyard and probing my anal cavity like the Americans do

Magpie 24 Libra

AT least I have more than one jacket

Location: YIHAA! Welcome to redneck land. All typing furiously!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:06 am

It's getting crowded in here, anyone fancy a root?
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:51 pm

Magpie 24 wrote:
It's getting crowded in here, anyone fancy a root?

Carrot or Parsnip?

wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:54 pm

Tess wrote:

I think Mike's little remark got him in one.

You know Tess if I came into a thread and said anything like that about you the shrill histrionics that would ensue would cause ears to bleed, you'd be screaming to mods about being stalked and playing the victim to a packed audience

We dislike others that mirror back our own faults, nobody really hates anyone else, they hate aspects of themselves, so the next time you catch yourself sniping me or Joffa or the others you attack Tess, remember who it is you are really struggling with

Every war is with ourselves!

bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:28 pm

Happy little vegemites
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:37 pm

aceofstace wrote:

We dislike others that mirror back our own faults, nobody really hates anyone else, they hate aspects of themselves, so the next time you catch yourself sniping me or Joffa or the others you attack Tess, remember who it is you are really struggling with

Every war is with ourselves!

Very profound ... and very true.

I hate you, Ace ... Because you're so enlightened, you bastard ... JUST LIKE ME Laughing

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:18 pm

I agree Alf... he does have a good brain.
Unfortunately he thinks he's way more enlightened than he actually is Confused

wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:33 pm

The wise man knows he knows nothing Dave
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:34 pm

Dr Alf Andrews wrote:

I hate you, Ace ... Because you're so enlightened, you bastard ... JUST LIKE ME Laughing

Shunned by society, despised by humanity... we are the one eyed kings in the land of the blind doc

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:56 pm

aceofstace wrote:
Dr Alf Andrews wrote:

Shunned by society, despised by humanity... we are the one eyed kings in the land of the blind doc

Get a room boys.

wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:05 pm

nuxta wrote:

Get a room boys.

Already ordered the cocktails Nuxy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: