Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The homosexual question

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

aceofstace wrote:
Hypocrisy is the one defining trait of the right wing christian fundy, never met a single one that embraced love thy neighbour, forgiveness or mercy

The last christian died on the cross!

What, like you did with magpie greg. You just wont admit your wrong old man. And yes Dr Alf, my leanings are towards fundamentalism.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:58 pm

Well, I'm sure you know how old the Earth is aceofstace, seeing as how you saw it being created and all that.
Seriously, I don't think we'll ever know everything about the history of the Earth and the universe. Christians believe that they already know, and some scientists may purport that they also know. IMHO, The theory of evolution is a pretty good theory, but I have a feeling it doesn't tell the whole story. Luckily we have geniuses like aceofstace who have it all figured out, so we needn't continue to search Rolling Eyes

wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:06 pm

nuxta wrote:

What, like you did with magpie greg. You just wont admit your wrong old man. And yes Dr Alf, my leanings are towards fundamentalism.

Well I'm not a christian Nuxy, so I dont have to show mercy to a moron like Greg, besides he self destructed without anyones help at all. And fundamentalists are basically children that have not grown up yet, they believe in fairy tales, they dont understand that the bible was written by mystics in the code of the mystic, ie: allegory and symbolism. A literal interpretation is childlike and ignorant, do we take our dreams literally? Of course not, we know they use the language of the unconscious, the same language the mystic writes in

Last edited by wasteofspace on Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:08 pm

David from Canberra wrote:
Well, I'm sure you know how old the Earth is aceofstace, seeing as how you saw it being created and all that.
Seriously, I don't think we'll ever know everything about the history of the Earth and the universe. Christians believe that they already know, and some scientists may purport that they also know. IMHO, The theory of evolution is a pretty good theory, but I have a feeling it doesn't tell the whole story. Luckily we have geniuses like aceofstace who have it all figured out, so we needn't continue to search Rolling Eyes

Just own up Dave, there is no doubt over the age of the earth among geologists and scientists, only fundys like yourself cling to the childlike literal interpretation of the bible

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:16 pm

One thing that I strongly agree with, that the Bible teaches is that humility is a virtue. I believe arrogance leads to ignorance because it closes the mind and leads to a view of everyone else as inferior. This is clearly a problem you suffer from aceofstace. Basically, in your mind, you are right and everyone else is a poor dumb moron who just is not as enlightened as you are. Therefore debate, or even discussion with you is futile and pointless.
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:54 pm

David from Canberra wrote:
One thing that I strongly agree with, that the Bible teaches is that humility is a virtue. I believe arrogance leads to ignorance because it closes the mind and leads to a view of everyone else as inferior. This is clearly a problem you suffer from aceofstace. Basically, in your mind, you are right and everyone else is a poor dumb moron who just is not as enlightened as you are. Therefore debate, or even discussion with you is futile and pointless.

If you must resort to insults Dave then yes I agree it is pointless debating you, but I cant help it if the entire world agrees on the age of the earth and that conflicts with your religious beliefs

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:05 pm

aceofstace wrote:
but I cant help it if the entire world agrees on the age of the earth and that conflicts with your religious beliefs

Thats a fair call considering at the last american sensis something like 60% of the population believed the Genesis account. But you know better ace as you are the oracle. If ace says it it must be true. I love the way you are able to make pronouncements on all things without suppling a sceric of evidence or proof. Just the word of ace. How blessed we are.

wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:31 pm

nuxta wrote:
aceofstace wrote:
but I cant help it if the entire world agrees on the age of the earth and that conflicts with your religious beliefs

Thats a fair call considering at the last american sensis something like 60% of the population believed the Genesis account. But you know better ace as you are the oracle. If ace says it it must be true. I love the way you are able to make pronouncements on all things without suppling a sceric of evidence or proof. Just the word of ace. How blessed we are.

Well I meant people who had actually done a little study, you know geologists, physicists, astonomers etc not those poor deluded souls that need a priest to tell them how to think

And what proof do you want me to produce? I assume you can look it up as easily as I can, so go do your own work

You can assume the bible is gods word even though the greeks made 16 thousand changes to it when translating it from Hebrew... or you see what modern science has discovered... and before you go knocking science dont forget the technology you are using to have this debate with

wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:38 pm

Oh and you are not fooling anyone with the 60% figure, Are we to assume that the billions of Chinese, Indians muslims and buddhists agree with the genesis account? Maybe you should provide a little proof before pushing the fundy cause with obvious lies
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:45 pm

aceofstace wrote:
And what proof do you want me to produce? I assume you can look it up as easily as I can, so go do your own work

Your the one mouthing off claiming this and decreeing that and never supplying a source. I think you just make stuff up and probably shouldnt be taken seriously

aceofstace wrote:
You can assume the bible is gods word even though the greeks made 16 thousand changes to it when translating it from Hebrew... or you see what modern science has discovered... and before you go knocking science dont forget the technology you are using to have this debate with

Now your going to dazzle us with your incredible knowledge of hermanuetics and textual criticism. Just for the record ace, i love science. Its guess work and theories and baseless assumptions I have trouble with. Oh, and factless know it alls

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:48 pm

Try saying that with more or less context. Yeah. Is that from it?
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:48 pm

I notice you cant back up the 60% figure... lies lies lies

Christians dont even form the majority of the worlds population so how can 60% of the world be creationists?

Just more fairytales from the fundy factory

Ignore the numbers, ignore science, ignore reason and logic... but oh virgin births, walking on water, coming back from the dead and a 6 minute earth... yeah lets believe in those laughable little myths

bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:06 pm

God is a myth too
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:10 pm

bazdaddy wrote:
God is a myth too

But I've seen him play... in black and white with a big number 5 on his back

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:17 pm

aceofstace wrote:
I notice you cant back up the 60% figure... lies lies lies

But according to you acey boy I dont need to, to be credible. Just make it up and say you find it for yourself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: