Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The homosexual question

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:19 pm
Post subject: The homosexual questionReply with quote

With it becoming more and more politically correct to tolerate homosexuality let me offer up a different point of view to the tired religious right or tree hugging left standards.
If we look to nature it is obvious that a man woman combination is the only one that produces offspring and therefore is the only valid option for the propogation of the species... right?
Well perhaps not, studies have shown that when laboratory rats are crowded into smaller and smaller living spaces the rate of homosexuality and violence goes up, it seems homosexuality is a safety valve for population control when resources or space is at a premium. While it is too risky for evolution to shut down the sex drive completely, it seems to have found a compromise that ensures the numbers are kept in check.
Now I know this is not going to appeal to gays or non gays but it appears that homosexuality does serve a purpose, albeit a less romantic one than the gays would prefer and less palatable to the morally outraged who point to the bible

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

what studies?
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:30 pm

Erlich (population biologist) and Friedman (social psychologist) did much of the early work on laboratory crowding but many universities since have run population crowding studies using rats. However, the main animal study cited to show the adverse effects of population density is Calhoun’s study with rats. Calhoun used the term ‘behavioral sink’ to describe their behavior which included homosexuality, the eating of the rat pups, premature termination of pregnancies, etc. The rats were not able to engage in their normal mating behavior. If one prevents normal patterns of behavior, one may get abnormal behavior. no studies have been done using primates yet which would obviously provide a closer correlation to ourselves

Last edited by wasteofspace on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:51 pm; edited 6 times in total
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:37 pm

aceofstace wrote:
Erlich (population biologist) and Friedman (social psychologist) did much of the early work on laboratory crowding but many universities since have run population crowding studies using rats, no studies have been done using primates yet which would obviously give us a greater correlation to ourselves

Do you have a link to the results of the studies? i've never heard of of them, let alone the rate of homosexuality AND violence increasing (seems to insinuate that homosexuality leads to violence hmmmm )

I'm just curious, like the rats were I suppose.

wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:39 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
aceofstace wrote:
Erlich (population biologist) and Friedman (social psychologist) did much of the early work on laboratory crowding but many universities since have run population crowding studies using rats, no studies have been done using primates yet which would obviously give us a greater correlation to ourselves

Do you have a link to the results of the studies? i've never heard of of them, let alone the rate of homosexuality AND violence increasing (seems to insinuate that homosexuality leads to violence hmmmm )

I'm just curious, like the rats were I suppose.

This page gives you an overview
http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/homepage/class/Psy350K/Part%20II%20-%20HTML/(4)%20CROWDING-HTML

No it doesn't insinuate homosexuality leads to violence, that is a seperate function, probably performed by the heterosexual male alpha rat Smile the Jonothan Brown of rats

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:18 pm

aceofstace wrote:
No it doesn't insinuate homosexuality leads to violence, that is a seperate function, probably performed by the heterosexual male alpha rat Smile the Jonothan Brown of rats

Anything negative directed at the Jonathan Browns of any species is alright by me

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:53 pm

lol one of your more interesting posts aceofstace Smile I've also heard the thing about how rats turn homosexual when it's too crowded, and eat their young Surprised
Aceofstace, your suggestion is that homosexuality is nature's way of controlling overpopulation, and it is an interesting view. However, I have to disagree. By taking this logic, who becomes gay and who doesn't? You must conclude that those who cannot find a girl would become gay. But this hardly seems to be the case, or at least I have seen no studies that indicate it.
I still find it an interesting question as to why someone would be gay when nature wants them to have sex with women. Certainly the guys who wrote the Bible reckoned that it was simply the sort of thing over-horny perverts would do, if you read it that is certainly the idea you get... but if gay people are born gay, as many psychologists suggest, then Biblical stance towards homosexuals has to be thrown out the window.
I think the whole moral of the story is, we are more than just animals. Our higher existence enables us to do whatever we want, whether nature likes it or not Razz

rand corp 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:18 pm

In part, I think this goes back to the nature or nurture argument: are some people born gay or do some people become gay as a product of their environment?
Magpie 24 Libra

AT least I have more than one jacket

Location: YIHAA! Welcome to redneck land. All typing furiously!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:19 pm

It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:16 pm

Sex is more fun alone.
Magpie 24 Libra

AT least I have more than one jacket

Location: YIHAA! Welcome to redneck land. All typing furiously!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:52 pm

Quote:
There are currently studies in genetics to see if a gene can be found. Both for Homosexuality and Transsexuality. The Government is funding Monash Medical Centre for this search, as there is some evidence of the said gene just waiting to be found.

If a gene can be isolated, it can also be screened for and potentially eradicated. Dangerous stuff IMO.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:05 pm

Tess wrote:
David from Canberra wrote:
Certainly the guys who wrote the Bible reckoned that it was simply the sort of thing over-horny perverts would do, if you read it that is certainly the idea you get...

The Bible has been interrupted by people with agenda's. By going back to the original meaning of the Greek and Hebrew the bible was originally written. Sex outside of a lifelong relationship(marriage) was wrong. Even Masturbation!

I'm sorry Tess but that's ridiculous. Give me one verse from the Bible where it says it's wrong to masturbate. I'll bet you anythnig there isn't one, I know this because the verse Christian fundamentalists usually quote is talking about something completely different.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:08 pm

HAL wrote:
Sex is more fun alone.

Gold!
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:34 pm

Tess wrote:

The Bible has been interrupted by people with agenda's

Interrupted?.... How rude of them

bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:16 pm

The bible, what a load of garbage. As long as it's not illegal then do what ya want.

As for homosexuality, well even 5 year olds are expected to open all arms to the ever increasing rate of it. Teachers are now being told not to refer to mother or father it is now parent or carer.

Yes once again let's change our ways to suit the small minorites and forget about the majorites. Not only that let's promote homosexuality by making 5 year olds read things about little kiddes having 2 mummy's.

Political correctness now just an everyday part of society, helping the whinging minorites find security amongst their lives.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10   

Jump to: