Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

No Go On Everrit, Now For Colbert

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 1999 11:06 am
Post subject: No Go On Everrit, Now For ColbertReply with quote

Tim Watson said on radio this afternoon that Spider Everitt was off grounds to other clubs and under no circumstances would he be traded

Considering this i think we have to make Leigh Colbert the focus of our trading now. Contrary to what Geelong where saying, he said he left for personal reasons and also wanted a change.

There may be quite a few decent players up for grabs but Leigh would have to be the best one there.

They said on the news here in Perth last night that the e-girls have warned Malthouse about directly approaching players. Apparently he has spoken to Chad Morrison.

ZED 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 1999 7:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Ball and Gehrig are they still available.

^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 1999 7:29 pm

A few names being bandied around that i think are worth a shot at are;
Darcy, if everitt is not a go
Aussie Jones & Clive Waterhouse, Although these two are not the type of player we need if we can organise a decent trade here it would be worth it, lets not forget that waterhouse was a magarey medallist and some of the things he does are mercurial now thats what Collingwood needs someone thats in the mould of Daicos. As for Aussie maybe we could get a swap involving jase.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 1999 2:12 am

I'm not sure how your name is pronounced, but please don't ever mention Clive Waterhouse in the same breath as Daics'.

My adoration for him rivals Foxy's to Wazza.

I agree with the Mr. Plow, Leigh Colbert should be the number one target. (after the no.1 pick is used for Josh Fraser) As another Plough, namely Terry Wallace said: How often do you get a chance to add a player to your list who will be one of your top six.

------------------
Damien
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 1999 4:13 am

i'd steer clear of targeting aussie jones and clive. both can be mercurial, but most of the time they are very average, clive especially.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 1999 6:58 am

one player who will most likely end up in a magpie jumper next year is andrew ukovic from essendon. he wants out of the bombers, and collingwood is said to be very interested. i reckon he'd be a great pickup if we could snare him without having to exchange players.
Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 1999 3:30 pm

Matt, Josh Fraser does count as a 17 year old but you can draft as many 17 year olds as you want now.

It seems unlikely that we will get Colbert, i heard today he told Geelong he wants to play for North, but no trade has been agreed on yet.

If this is the case and we can't get him, it then becomes vital that we resist temptation to trade that number 3 pick. I know a lot of clubs will be making offers for it but unless we get someone the quality of Colbert, then its not worth it.

The e-girls have said they will not trade Morrison or Gehrig but Ball and Fewster are on the move.

Oh yeah and i agree with Damien, dont ever compare Waterhouse or any footballer for that matter to the magical Daicos.
(weep weep) i miss ya daics

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 1999 5:39 pm

if we're very lucky i think this whole 'colbert wants to play for north' thing might play straight into our hands. denis pagan has made it clear that none of his premiership 22 will be traded. geelong and north might well never make an agreement, or might simply run out of time. in which case we'd get first shot at colbert with our priority pick. you never know what could happen. even if we don't get him i don't care, he seems like a total loser.
Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 1999 1:39 pm

You're funny foxy!
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 1999 2:34 pm

hey does anyone know if north got colbert today? if they didn't then we've got him for free.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 1999 7:04 pm

who do the dockers have that geelong would want to trade colbert for? nobody, except for fletcher. i think geelong said if he couldn't be traded by today then we've got him, or something.
Dino 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 1999 3:35 am

Why do I keep hearing Colbert has gone to Carlsum?

Dino 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 1999 3:35 am

Why do I keep hearing Colbert has gone to Carlsum?

Please No!

ZED 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 1999 5:10 am

Word is North are close to agreement but if it is not finalised today Geelong will field other offers and Carlton is waiting.
Collingwood must get Colbert just to stop Carlton advacing next year.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 1999 5:21 am

all the pies seem to be interested in is bloody blumfield. i suggest we all go down to arden street and stand outside the offices and try to distract them so they can't concentrate and that way they won't be able to make the deal in time. sound like a good idea?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: