Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tasmanian Mine victims - who else is disgusted with them?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Prototype wrote:
Oh, I only heard on Ten they said that the team showed up on her doorstep offering a backyard makeover.

lol, they probably would want to make the rival network look as bad as possible.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:39 pm

Eunos wrote:
Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:
Not you, I didn't even say a word to you - what the?

Hal is a bot.
An automated response program.
He comes and goes.
Do not take him seriously as he cannot hear you anyway.

... and programmed to pick on Liberal voters
Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:35 am

Mike wrote:
Eunos wrote:
Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:
Not you, I didn't even say a word to you - what the?

Hal is a bot.
An automated response program.
He comes and goes.
Do not take him seriously as he cannot hear you anyway.

... and programmed to pick on Liberal voters

Yeah learnt my lesson that time - I'll vote for the Pensioner Party next time Embarassed

As for the Bot, now I feel extra stupid for talking to myself! Laughing

rand corp 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:09 pm

So we applaud their Aussie resolve, their working class humour & resiliance and celebrate their Australianess, their ockerness, these two ordinary Australians that for two weeks opitimized everything that was good about the Australian character (according to the media and Greg Norman anyway). Then, when they are finally free we expect them to NOT do what any other ordinary working class Australian (or from anywhere else for that matter) would do which is TAKE THE MONEY BEING THROWN AT YOU.

Fair Go!
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:23 pm

rand corp wrote:
So we applaud their Aussie resolve, their working class humour & resiliance and celebrate their Australianess, their ockerness, these two ordinary Australians that for two weeks opitimized everything that was good about the Australian character

Thats gilding the lily a tad, lets face it any 2 guys stuck under a rock would be hailed as heroes, but what other choice did they have but to be stuck under a rock? Being stuck under a rock makes you the great aussie hero? I'm going out to find a big rock right now, insert humourous "crawl back under it" tag line here .........

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:03 pm

what is a hero anyway.... If you asked people to name some heroes they probably couldn't name any real ones. Hell, I don't think even I can.
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:07 pm

David from Canberra wrote:
what is a hero anyway.... If you asked people to name some heroes they probably couldn't name any real ones. Hell, I don't think even I can.

Claus von Stauffenberg of the German Wehrmacht during WW2, disciple of the famous occultist Stephan George, has a greater man ever lived? Got blown to pieces losing his left eye, right hand, and last two fingers of his left hand, refused any drugs during the operation just using mind over pain. Worked 16 hours a day doing 6 different things at once, his mind was honed through meditation to an unimaginable degree. A German aristocrat whose philosophy was that he was the servant of those below him in society, when the Nazi's invaded Poland raping and pillaging he distributed food and water and arrested any Nazi he found commiting war crimes at great personal risk. In the end he realised he had no choice but to try and assasinate Hitler even though the chances were slim and a virtual suicide mission. He placed the brief case bomb under the table and left the meeting early only to have the officer who came in after him move the bomb away from Hitlers seat, somehow Hitler survived even though his clothes were shredded off his body. He was arrested and executed but was happy to let god judge his actions... great man

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:53 am

David from Canberra wrote:

This quote paints a picture of what one type of hero really is.

"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know."

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:47 am

The Prototype wrote:
[This quote paints a picture of what one type of hero really is.

"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know."

Never more truefull words were spoken. We never see or hear from the true hero

rand corp 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:29 pm

aceofstace wrote:
rand corp wrote:
So we applaud their Aussie resolve, their working class humour & resiliance and celebrate their Australianess, their ockerness, these two ordinary Australians that for two weeks opitimized everything that was good about the Australian character

Thats gilding the lily a tad, lets face it any 2 guys stuck under a rock would be hailed as heroes, but what other choice did they have but to be stuck under a rock? Being stuck under a rock makes you the great aussie hero? I'm going out to find a big rock right now, insert humourous "crawl back under it" tag line here .........

add: (according to the media and Greg Norman anyway)

Why edit my quote to suit your own agenda!!!! I was merely pointing out the way these guys had been portayed/set up in the media. Of course the real heroes are the ones that got these guys out. The guy who went down there and did the final blasting is a deadset legend.

The actual point of the post was to suggest that well, if the media think their story is newsworthy and want to pay them millions to tell it, what average Aussie would knock it back, you can't have it both ways.
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:40 pm

I didn't edit it, just didn't bother posting all of it for the sake of brevity, jeez Louise is Greg Norman holding you hostage until he is properly quoted?
rand corp 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:15 pm

In not posting the whole quote you gave it new meaning and criticized that!!!!
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:22 pm

aceofstace wrote:
I didn't edit it, just didn't bother posting all of it for the sake of brevity, jeez Louise is Greg Norman holding you hostage until he is properly quoted?

ed·it (ĕd'ĭt) pronunciation
tr.v., -it·ed, -it·ing, -its.

1. To prepare (written material) for publication or presentation, as by correcting, revising, or adapting.
2. To prepare an edition of for publication: edit a collection of short stories.
3. To modify or adapt so as to make suitable or acceptable: edited her remarks for presentation to a younger audience.
2. To supervise the publication of (a newspaper or magazine, for example).
3. To assemble the components of (a film or soundtrack, for example), as by cutting and splicing.
4. To eliminate; delete: edited the best scene out.

n.

An act or instance of editing: made several last-minute edits for reasons of space.
phrasal verbs:

edit in

1. To insert during the course of editing: An additional scene was edited in before the show was aired.

edit out

1. To delete during the course of editing: A controversial scene was edited out of the film.

Liar, Liar.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: