Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tasmanian Mine victims - who else is disgusted with them?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I might say no.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:42 pm

bazdaddy wrote:
I'm not disgusted, but I'm not exactly jumping for joy for them, good on them they did well, but they are trained for it, it's not as if they were starved of food or water. If I was told to stay down there for 2 weeks and come out wth over a $million I'd do it.

I don't believe this. Are you trying to tell us that you would willingly be buried in a collapsing mine and then lie in the darkness for 5 days with no food and only the water that is dripping off the rocks that also saturates you until you are too cold to move, not knowing whether you will ever see anyone ever again ? You are prepared to cut your own leg off with a stanley knife if you have to because it's trapped under the rubble. The whole of that time there is thousands of tons of loose rock hanging over your head. Every time there is a blast in the mine, and there are many because they think that you're dead, some of that rock falls on you and you never know how much it's going to be next time. You will do that for a million dollars? You have a distorted sense of the value of money.

I think you'd better go with woody and find a hole to bury yourself in and the two of you can be rich and famous.
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:22 pm

I will then.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:10 pm

Seriously I don't know what is wrong with some people. Now, I have my own reservations over the over-the-top publicity the story created, and if they're going to make a movie out of it, it just shows how low we've sunk. So I am cynical, but really just at the fakeness of the culture that has developed these days.

HOWEVER

how could you possibly have a problem with the miner's actions? As if it was their fault they got stuck down a mine and almost died. How could you possibly be so mean-spirited as to begrudge them the money they may make from it? They were lucky to survive, and now they're lucky enough to make some money from it. Good on them. I mean, if you really want to whinge about people getting money they don't deserve, have a go at the big brother contestants... or maybe some of the ego-ridden hollywood actors who get paid massive amounts for a job that involves looking pretty and reciting lines? Or, how about the amount sportsmen get?

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:39 pm

movie's about real ife disasters are never the truth...ask me about Flight 90:Disaster on the Potomac one day!
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:48 pm

Na I agree Dave, I just think there is too much of it, I was glad they came out alive and well. But that's as far as it goes. How much money will Larry Knights wife recieve? I doubt as much as Brant and Todd.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:05 pm

bazdaddy wrote:
Na I agree Dave, I just think there is too much of it, I was glad they came out alive and well. But that's as far as it goes. How much money will Larry Knights wife recieve? I doubt as much as Brant and Todd.

agreed, probably not as much as Brant and Todd, but they have set up a foundation which is basically for the Knight family.

HAL 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:52 pm

Why specifically do you hope for they come out of it Millionaires many times over?
colin_wood 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:57 pm

anyone who would not cash in on something like this is an idiot
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:05 am

London Dave wrote:
the bit I've read over here and heard on radio news is they've always given credit to the rescue teams. My recollection may not be 100% correct here, but I do recall the two rescued miners giving all kudos to the rescue teams.

I was thinking more kudos, you know? I am not saying anything bad about the two miners thoughl, just that I believe there should be something mentioned about the rescuers.

I find it amazing these two could survive for 2 weeks on harldy any food and hardly any water, I also feel for the other guy that died, and I found it a nice touch that they offered any and all money raised at the concert in Beaconsfield to his wife.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:07 am

Must admit to being totally over the whole affair, but I would be lying if I said I wouldnt be chasing a buck. I would also feel very obliged to take care of the Knight family.
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:45 am

I think the whole thing sucks, not because of the reasons that the goose who started this topic says, but because these blokes wont be able to live a normal life again now.

They are two down to earth blokes, who like hunting/fishing, footy, drinking, and have families, and now they will be recognised for the rest of their lives!

Im wrapped they got $2 mill - they should have gone for more thou in my opinion - but they wont have a normal life again for a long time, if they are lucky!!!

They are in the states at the moment, trying to have a look around, and they are being harrased by media every moment they leave their hotel, not fair is it?

Warren, he is the cartoonest in the sydney paper, did a good one the other day, with the miners surrounded by the media taking photos etc etc, with the comment "We should have stayed down the mine!"...

They will take care of the community and of the knights. Good luck to them, I would love to have a beer with them some day!

HAL 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:49 am

How did they get in there?
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:57 am

London Dave wrote:
movie's about real ife disasters are never the truth...ask me about Flight 90:Disaster on the Potomac one day!

Hey LD can you tell me about Flight 90:Disaster on the Potomac?

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:53 pm

Larry Knights widow is handling the media well bnot wanting to talk to them and wanting to move on would be good to hear how she is dealing with the loss of her husband.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: