Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 9 v Sandringham

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

GW19 wrote:
ad4eva wrote:
As some have said, he may be the suprise selection this week, but i doubt MM would take one debtant and a second gamer into the big game...

Perhaps not but he has stated that he drafts players that prove they can perform on the big stage. Given that 3 of our recruits (Thomas, Pendlebury, Cook) were drafted from the two teams that met in the U18's GF last year, and performed well in the finals, Mick obviously believes that they are capable of performing on the big stage.

I suspect Cook will need to string a few more games together though.

Yeah thats interesting isnt it...
Im not suprised though, you dont want kids that cant play infront of large crowds because we are Collingwood and its only natural for us to attract such attention especially at the G...
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:11 am

I just realised I got next weekend off, so will be down at Point Gellibrand hopefully barring horrific weather, I reckon I might bring my rule book with me that we get handed each season for umpiring. If the umpiring is as poor as it was this week I might offer it to them and tell em to read it some time Smile

BTW if anyone else is going down and sees such shithouse umpiring, please dont be afraid to give em a spray as the exit the ground at half time and after the game, not even the cops could stop lots of us giving them hell Twisted Evil
rand corp 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:57 am

"I just realised I got next weekend off" -umpire eddiesmith

Got dropped from the panel this week did we Ed!?

Wink
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:46 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
I just realised I got next weekend off, so will be down at Point Gellibrand hopefully barring horrific weather, I reckon I might bring my rule book with me that we get handed each season for umpiring. If the umpiring is as poor as it was this week I might offer it to them and tell em to read it some time Smile

BTW if anyone else is going down and sees such shithouse umpiring, please dont be afraid to give em a spray as the exit the ground at half time and after the game, not even the cops could stop lots of us giving them hell Twisted Evil

Very Happy

i think the cops were giving it to them aswell Very Happy
collingwoodjoe 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:46 pm

anyone see the reserves? just wondering how Cox went, seems to be kicking a few from the reports around here, would he be close to a game in the Seniors? (Willi seniors I mean)
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:05 pm

Reserves:

Sandringham: 1.1.7 - 2.1.13 - 2.3.15 - 3.4.22
Williamstown: 5.0.30 - 11.2.68 - 17.7.109 - 26.12.168

Goal: M. Boyd 4, P. Rose 4, D. Galea 4, A. Cook 2, A. Toovey 2, L. Theodore, A. Chiu, T. Langlands, D. Stretton, B. Hall, L. Picken, T. Paiti, S. Iles, M. Darvell, S. Cox

Best Players: L. Picken, A. Toovey, M. Boyd, T. Paiti, D. Galea, D. Stretton

Hooked
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:46 pm

rand corp wrote:
"I just realised I got next weekend off" -umpire eddiesmith

Got dropped from the panel this week did we Ed!?

Wink

Laughing

Nah its Queens Birthday weekend so no games in either league except an interleague for the Ammos on Saturday

As for Cox, looked good and is a promising player for the future, would be in next week for Fanning if I was on the selection panel
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:08 pm

Dale61/Eddiesmith,

where has Cox been playing?

Noticed he has been in the goal scoring column multiple times this year pressuming hes playing forward... or is he kicking those goals from the ruck? That would be something...
WKB 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:25 pm

eddiesmith wrote:

I've not missed many games over the last 5 years or so and the level of umpiring at VFL level is atrocious, to say the least.

And you can count on one hand (whether Williamstown win, lose or draw) the amount of time we have been on the right side of bad umpiring.

I beg people to go to 5 or more consecutive Wiliamstown games and you'll be thinking the treatment Tarrant gets from the umpires is nothing, yes they are just that bad.

I'm usually on the other side of the field to the quarter time and 3 quarter time huddles at most grounds, this gives an opportunity to walk well within hearing distance of the umpires where you don't have to yell, and can casually, without being abusive, let them know that they are need to acknowledge there are two teams on the field.

Though I am guilty 3 or so years ago at a game against Port Melbourne (who are the Carlton of the VFL for me so i'm always heated up for those games) when I swear if our players moved within 5 feet of the opposition we'd get a free against us, they murdered us. So at 3 quarter time I walked into the centre square and threw my Williamstown scarf towards the umpires so they'd be able to recognise that there was a team with different colours to Port also playing. Its from that day I hate Aaron Davies, that little turd was handed everything to him, never earnt one kick all day.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:34 pm

I honestly never thought it could get worse than it did a few weeks back, Sunday Arvo at Willy where we won just but no thanks to the maggots, Sunday proved me wrong

I was so tempted to say bad luck to the maggots that day as they did all they could to get the other team over the line

But I am with you WKB, you can count on 1 hand how many times Willy have been on the right side of the umps, it is atrocious

Although if you watch the ressies the count climbs up probably, but then again its so 1 sided not even the umpires can pick out frees against them Razz
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:55 pm

Is anyone keen on their reports (whether weekly or every now and then) being posted on Nick's Collingwood Page? We'd love to provide more Williamstown content.

http://nick.magpies.net
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:01 pm

probabally going to the game tommoz so will see if i can whip one up...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: