Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 9 v Sandringham

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
okjoe 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie must of been on fire today. Good to see the young kid stepping up.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:06 pm

Could have kicked 10 if he kicked straight especially in the last. Is a sensational forward but his kicking was off especially in the last

Dont know what was worse, Williamstown or the cheating bastards in orange, couldnt find Mick so I blasted the maggots instead on their way off, they were the worst I have ever seen

For example, with the new kick in rule the umpire tapped the post for a hit the post and didnt see the all clear so he stood there, Willy kicked it in, the umpire kept standing there, eventually when Willy were inside 50 up the far end he went chasing after the field umpire, Willy kicked a goal as he caught up so the umpire brought the ball all the way back to the other end, gave the all clear, waved the flag and made them take the kick in again

Another one was Lawry kicked it 20m in the pocket to Davies and he called play on, no 15m, yet when Sandy was chipping it around they were parking marks for half the distance of lawrys kick

Also apparently it is legal to use headlocks, pin the arms or put bearhugs on Williamstown forwards in marking contests and not get a free against you

I watched all the ressies, Iles looks good, should replace Egan next week who showed some good signs but did some absolutely shithouse things as well. Hall, damn I never realised how bloody slow he is and useless, but

As bad as Hall is, Tristen Walker is the most useless player to ever take the field, how the hell he gets a game for Willy 1sts is a mystery and surely there must be someone who could replace Fanning? Willy 2nds had a couple of good talls playing who should be brought up

Rusling looked good in patches, didnt see much of him but his field kicking is perfect

More to come later
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:08 pm

Rowe and Yakka were sensational, should be in line for a recall, Stanley looked good as well across half back. A little suprised Davies was in the best, he was alright but didnt see that much of him and he is not easy to miss Razz
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:11 pm

What about the Cloke boys. I'd have thought they'd be busting to show some form to get recalls to the seniors.
Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:21 pm

Thanks for the report Ed.
Suspect Egan would not be dropped as he was a emerg this week so he is getting close.
Great to hear about Ryan Cook - named in the centre so a goal kicking midfielder - love them

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:24 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
What about the Cloke boys. I'd have thought they'd be busting to show some form to get recalls to the seniors.

Thought Cam looked great in the ruck, Willys poor skills make being a tall forward very tough :p

Trav was alright, was screwed out of a great goal which pretty much ended Willys momentum for the half and the last 5 mins of the 2nd qtr after that could have cost them the game

Jase was good, not as good as usual as he was dragged up the field alot more by his opponent but wasnt beaten.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:26 pm

Snoop Dog wrote:
Thanks for the report Ed.
Suspect Egan would not be dropped as he was a emerg this week so he is getting close.
Great to hear about Ryan Cook - named in the centre so a goal kicking midfielder - love them

His goals were all as a leading forward I think, could be a smokey to replace Carracella
Snoop Dog 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:31 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Thought Cam looked great in the ruck, Willys poor skills make being a tall forward very tough :p

Trav was alright, was screwed out of a great goal which pretty much ended Willys momentum for the half and the last 5 mins of the 2nd qtr after that could have cost them the game

Jase was good, not as good as usual as he was dragged up the field alot more by his opponent but wasnt beaten.

If you read a post I dropped the the GD section you'll see both are of a mind to leave at year end. Disappointing in my book.

ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:18 pm

I too headed down to Sandy today, straight from my own game...

Got there about 20 gone in the first term...

Since Eddie has given a report i will just make a few notes that i thought durring the game... just another point of view...

COLLINGWOOD LISTED PLAYERS
- Ben Davies would have touched it about 30 times... didnt really waste it either, very rarely did he kick it backwards and stuff around with it, was purposfull with everything he did and i thought his disposal was consistent... 8.5/10

- Adam Iacobucci, must be close to be getting a game in the black and white... Had a good game today, like Davies his actions were purposfull and meaningfull... He has been likened to Paul Licuria but i would say hes more like Scotty Burns, stands up in tackles well and does alot of hard things in the pack... One thing to note is he is a good leader out on the park, is encouraging and voices his opinion... 7.5/10

- Julian Rowe, Like Yakka he would be very close to getting a game in the seniors... played on the wing and he his AFL experience showed on occasions, kept a cool head when needed... Got better as the game wore on and probabally had it 20 odd times... 7.5/10

Ryan Cook, really kept Willi in the game off his own boot... He provided a target all day long and had he of kicked straight and converted on times you would expect, he could have finished with 7 or 8, same could be said for the whole side, a few easy goals missed by Willi late in the third were pivotal moments and if converted, Willi would have had a real sniff and could have gone on with it... I doubt Cooky will get the call up, however the way he played today was very similar to the way Carracella plays, good hands, attracts the ball and a good level head, very impressed... 7.5/10

Cloke Boys - Jason, had it tough all day, wasnt going right for him... having said that, he never did anything wrong... With Maxwell in doubt for the next few weeks this is Jasons chance to really step it up, get a spot in the seniors and cement it... 6.5/10

Cameron - Was hard at it all day, stuck his head over the ball and rucked fairly well... Like Jason he, not much was going right for him but he stuck at it and never did anything wrong really... When up forward it was very difficult due to some pore delivery... 6.5/10

Travis - Kicked a couple and lead strongly, held some very nice marks however due to the delivery it was very hard for him to step up and take the odd contested grab or lead out, chest mark and kick a goal...
With Tazz back in this week he may find it hard to get a game for Collingwood however the door might open with the unfortunate injury to Carra... 6.5/10

John Anthony, spent some time on the bench and because he was playing deep in defence it was hard for him to play his type of game, running out of the defensive 50... Had some bad luck go his way and some unfortunate free kicks for the men in orange Eddie was talking about... Showed some good signs, i believe he was coming off a few injuries too... 5/10

Chris Egan, He is a completly different player in the back half and he sweeps up well... It was a tough day for the backs all afternoon however Egan never did anything wrong... Good to see he is putting on some weight and he still has that spring in his step... 6.5/10

Sean Rusling, Didnt see much of him however having said that he probabally played really well... Wasnt given much opportunity when he was presenting, will need to spend 2 or 3 more weeks at Willi before being seriosuly considered... cant rate him because i simply didnt see much of him and dont want to call something i didnt see...

Danny Stanley, Did some nice things and found it a bit off half back... give this kid a pre season and he will be a beauty... 6/10

Tristen Walker, Trade Bait for sure... 4/10

Danny Nicholls, Lightning fast, got a few touches, dont think he was on the ground that much... 5/10

Harry O' Brien, was really good out of the D50, along with Jason, not much went his way but he attacked the ball really hard and gave run out of defence... laid a few huge tackles which got the crowd up and about... love watching his dodge, weave and run the players/the back line... 6.5/10

David Fanning, still got a while to go before being considered infront of Cam or Richards however had a good game today, rucked well and floated forward a bit... 6.5/10
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:31 pm

Just 2 things, thought you went quite easy on Tex, 1/10 more like it and trade bait? As much bait as Hall would attract Razz

Personally I thought Fanning was terrible, but then again like Richards is utterly useless up forward
Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:10 pm

eddiesmith wrote:

Dont know what was worse, Williamstown or the cheating bastards in orange, couldnt find Mick so I blasted the maggots instead on their way off, they were the worst I have ever seen

Where were you , I did exactly the same and they definitely heard my grievances and insults towards them.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:23 pm

Cakewalk wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Where were you , I did exactly the same and they definitely heard my grievances and insults towards them.

I was at the race on the Willy rooms side, got 1 blokes attention the one closest to me, the others tried to ignore me though

I have been meaning to give it to the VFL umps for ages, last game I went to at Willy we won by not much but they were disgraceful, felt like saying bad luck, you did your best you cheating bastards, but went to talk to Jase instead
Cakewalk 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:28 pm

Did you go on the ground or at the umpire race to abuse them as I gave them a serve in their face twice , I probably went a bit far in being personal with the insults but if they're going to pay 5 soft free kicks in front of their goal , on top of their other crap them stuff them.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:31 pm

Cakewalk wrote:
Did you go on the ground or at the umpire race to abuse them as I gave them a serve in their face twice , I probably went a bit far in being personal with the insults but if they're going to pay 5 soft free kicks in front of their goal , on top of their other crap them stuff them.

Just stayed at the race

I dont think anything you said could have been going too far the way they umpired today, was a disgrace
Cakewalk 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:39 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Cakewalk wrote:

Just stayed at the race

I dont think anything you said could have been going too far the way they umpired today, was a disgrace

That is probably true , I just noticed that after I stopped abusing them and looked around , everyone was silent around me and looking at me, like I'd sodomised a goat rather than bagged farcical umpiring after a game.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: