Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Racism, drink driving and speeding

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:25 pm
Post subject: Re: Racist, drink driving and speedingReply with quote

I@n S wrote:
Saying Leon will go walk about etc soon.

I'll admit I giggled a bit when I read that Razz

Nah seriously I agree with you though Ian, hating someone because of their racial origins is moronic.
To be honest I'm still formulating these ideas in my head, so I haven't come to a conclusion yet, but I have the belief that, while racial vilification is bad, any comments that are designed to hurt another person are just as bad. We know the results of racist attitudes (eg slavery, nazi-ism) so I'm not denying that at all. I just think there is a difference somewhere between the dangerous, calculated hatred of another race, and a mere childish notion that the difference in the person's skin colour is fodder for jokes or insults. I am not advocating the using of the latter, but I wonder if it is as bad as people make out.

Now please don't get mad, lol Razz

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Racism is alive and well in Oz land dont worry about that its basically ignorance lack of intelligence and the belief that white Australians should be superior in every form.
Racist people are sad and generally are just low lifes.

To over hear folks talk about young simons nose and lips as BOONG lips and a boongas flat nose from folks who one would think should know better leaves one absolutely flabergasted.

We're making inroads but still got a long way to go Wink

I

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:09 am

Ah racism, another by-product courtesy of our old friend evoloution.
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:28 am

There are always going to be comments made, there are always going to be people who do stupid things due to colour or belief of somebody else. It has been going on since the dawn of time. I think the stage it is at now is the best it will ever be...Due to the actions taking and the views the majority of the society have on racism as an issue.

And at the end of the day who gives a stuff anyways you Purple d*ckheads.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:43 am

joffa corfe wrote:

I agree Joffa, I think it's bred from stupidity and ignorance, not to mention a desire to feel superior to others. The kind of people who go around and attack Muslim women and girls (verbally or physically) are just idiots. I don't know what they think they're trying to achieve.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:18 am

David from Canberra wrote:
The kind of people who go around and attack Muslim women and girls (verbally or physically) are just idiots.

Cowards.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:19 am

that too nuxta.
they're not as uncommon as I thought either.

Troppo 

standing on VB tins in the outer at Vic Park

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:20 am

ON THE FIELD AND OFF THE FIELD: SPORT AND RACIAL HATRED

http://www.humanrights.gov.au/worldconference/mcnamara.html

It may be a long article, but this piece summarises all the salient points about the AFL's racial vilification laws and suggests that more needs to be done about racial vilification amongst the supporters at the game.

Very timely and apposite to all the posts in this thread.

Take the time to read it, we should all take responsibility here. Remember, we all have choices in life - we just need to be aware of the consequences.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:21 am

Happens a lot where I live. Got an ever increasing muslim population in a traditionaly aussie area. Pretty poor form really.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:15 pm

Yobbo^LuKa wrote:
There are always going to be comments made, there are always going to be people who do stupid things due to colour or belief of somebody else. It has been going on since the dawn of time. I think the stage it is at now is the best it will ever be...Due to the actions taking and the views the majority of the society have on racism as an issue.

I think its FAR from being the best stage it will ever be dude, no way known. There is still a hell of a lot of work to be done to educate these unwashed dumb idiots who cannot see beyond the colour of someone's skin or the clothes they choose to wear Rolling Eyes We HAVE to continue to be ever vigilant about racism and continue to raise these issues as and when they crop up. It should be totally zero tolerance of racism.

quote="Yobbo^LuKa"]And at the end of the day who gives a stuff anyways you Purple d*ckheads.[/quote]

Well I proudly do dude Evil or Very Mad I DETEST racism even more than bloody Essendon or Carlton Mad
sq3 

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:57 pm

Unfortunately there will never be a world without racism or some kind - whether it be by color, race or now religious beliefs.

I do not condone waht people are doing and saying with the Muslims but I do spend a lot of time in the USA and I can see why they are very anti Muslim - after all they did lose over 3,000 innocent peopel to Muslim extremists.

Now I am not saying they are correct - but I can see their perspective.

Just as the Israeli's are very short with them - as a Palestinian miltant dressed himself in a burka and had an automatic weapon underneath and proceeded to murder innocent people.

I just hope that we don't get that level of violent action here.

It is very sad the global community is becoming this way.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:12 pm
Post subject: Re: Racist, drink driving and speedingReply with quote

[quote="David from Canberra"]
I@n S wrote:
Saying Leon will go walk about etc soon.

I'll admit I giggled a bit when I read that Razz

you're very predictable arent you david! no wonder little johnny's your mate. Mad
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:15 pm

"I am not racist, I love everyone that is white". Dame Edna

Racism is alive and well, multiculture doesn't work and has not worked anywhere in the world as no one is prepared to tolerate differences. It’s here and is simmering away. We have a Federal Government in power that won an election playing the race card.

As far as drink driving goes. The Governments are not interested keeping drunks off the road. Drunks pay huge fines and commit the offences again and again.

The Governments could impose tomorrow that all new cars be fitted with locks that can only be opened by someone who blew under the registered limit. Also if the Governments were Fairdinkum it would be zero alcohol for everyone.

In 1972 a Victorian Member of Parliament who was on the road safety committee recommended that all pubs have booze buses in car parks and to catch drivers before they got in their cars. The then Police force said they did not want that as they wanted to catch the drivers on the road.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:27 pm

Every club would have their own supporters who cross the line. It's not just us, surely.

Racism is not on. Simple. Anyway, you go to the footy to watch footy - not abuse people about their race!
Miz 

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:50 pm

David from Canberra wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

I agree Joffa, I think it's bred from stupidity and ignorance, not to mention a desire to feel superior to others. The kind of people who go around and attack Muslim women and girls (verbally or physically) are just idiots. I don't know what they think they're trying to achieve.

Thats confusing the issue a little, suggesting that Muslims are a race is somewhat naive.

On the topic itself we are lucky in a sense that racism is not as strong here as it is in many other countries around the world but having seen it first hand I know how sickening it can be to watch and that we are not immune.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: