Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Racism, drink driving and speeding

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I@n S 

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:48 pm
Post subject: Racism, drink driving and speedingReply with quote

Racism
It makes me sick to think that we still have racist Collingwood supporters out there. Hello we are BLACK & White. I hear all the time so called fans being racist towards anyone that is black. Saying Leon will go walk about etc soon. And rubbish like all black players are no good.
Can't people see that we are all the same? We are all human. It is only skin. When i heard about the famours insident between Saints and Collingwood at victoria park I was shocked.
I've never understood racisum and never will

drink driving and speeding
Just to bring up the Chad Morison think again. You would think that just thinking about Collingwood would bring up the name Darren Milane. Who was killed drink driving. This should be used as education. I call people who enjoy being racist. drink driving and speeding yobbos. Scum of the earth. I except that we all make mistakes but people who think these things are funny should be shot on site.

I bring these things up because of what i heard so called collingwood fans talking about.

I know first hand what its like to lose someone to dirnk driving. I lost my sister when I was only 8.

Now that i've got this anger off my chest.

Stay safe...

And GO MIGHTY MAGPIES!
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a real shame that most clubs have a few that want to racially vilify players and even some supporters.

Drink driving I thought that would have been gotten rid of with all the people who have died on the roads and the sad death of Darren Millane, players and other people should realise that if they are going to get drunk they should do so without driving home.

Best thing to do is get some cans from a bottleshop and take them home, if you really want to get plastered, or have someone who doesn't drink on standy to drive you home.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
I@n S 

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:06 pm

Mortis wrote:
It's a real shame that most clubs have a few that want to racially vilify players and even some supporters.

Drink driving I thought that would have been gotten rid of with all the people who have died on the roads and the sad death of Darren Millane, players and other people should realise that if they are going to get drunk they should do so without driving home.

Best thing to do is get some cans from a bottleshop and take them home, if you really want to get plastered, or have someone who doesn't drink on standy to drive you home.

yeah exactly. Or don't be worried about leaving your car somewhere and taking the train for example. Rather have my car stolen than kill someone or killed myself. But i guess you don't think about this when you're drunk. So plan ahead
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:09 pm

I@n S wrote:
yeah exactly. Or don't be worried about leaving your car somewhere and taking the train for example. Rather have my car stolen than kill someone or killed myself. But i guess you don't think about this when you're drunk. So plan ahead

That would make a lot of sense to plan ahead keep some money away for a cab, or something like that.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:14 pm

I was at the Vic Park in 1993 sitting right in front of where Winmar lifted his jumper up. I was 7 years old and I would say that was my first exposure to the whole issue. But from what day forward I would say Collingwood supporters have gotten progressively less racist. I would say today there are very few of us who are racist. I think you are making a generalization about Pies fans that is not really fair. I haven't heard any racist remarks at the football from Collingwood fans for a long time and I am there every week. It might still go on but it would be a very small minority of people.
drfranger 

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:19 pm

Magpie Since 1986 wrote:
I was at the Vic Park in 1993 sitting right in front of where Winmar lifted his jumper up. I was 7 years old and I would say that was my first exposure to the whole issue. But from what day forward I would say Collingwood supporters have gotten progressively less racist. I would say today there are very few of us who are racist. I think you are making a generalization about Pies fans that is not really fair. I haven't heard any racist remarks at the football from Collingwood fans for a long time and I am there every week. It might still go on but it would be a very small minority of people.

As someone who is there each week I can say that hearing racism at the footy is pretty rare (I'd be thinking itwould be a good couple of years). If someone is being a racist idiot, get up and cheer for the player being sledged (This is the one exception I would cheer a Carlton player).
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:32 pm

I would say these days you would get kicked out of the ground if you were yelling things that were blatantly racist. The more subtle stuff probably not but clear racism and the ground staff would remove you.
Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:40 pm

[quote="Magpie Since 1986"]I was at the Vic Park in 1993 sitting right in front of where Winmar lifted his jumper up. I was 7 years old and I would say that was my first exposure to the whole issue....etc

Yeh I was there too. In the Social Club...totally disgusted with some of the comments that were made. Glad we lost.

makkawakka 

Penguin Tamer

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:59 pm
Post subject: Re: Racist, drink driving and speedingReply with quote

I@n S wrote:
Racist
It makes me sick to think that we still have racist Collingwood supporters out there. Hello we are BLACK & White. I hear all the time so called fans being racist towards anyone that is black. Saying Leon will go walk about etc soon. And rubbish like all black players are no good.
Can't people see that we are all the same? We are all human. It is only skin. When i heard about the famours insident between Saints and Collingwood at victoria park I was shocked.

Heading in to watch the Bulldogs on the train, I had to endure a wonderful little conversation going on behind me between five drunken pigs...

Five rows ahead of where we stood, a man is sitting in a Collingwood jumper with his son who was no older than seven, and his two daughters. For forty minutes I had to hear every racist slur ever imagined about Europeans, how the daughters are so skinny because the 'fat diego ****s are stealing all their food', how they should eff off back to wherever, and blah, blah, blah.

I thought, geez, these Bulldog supporters sure are feral and low to be getting off on insulting a family man taking his kids to the football...Turn around and look, and sure enough, five guys in Pies jumpers.

Figures.

(Oh. And can someone explain to me why it's absolutely necessary to drink on a train and get loaded before a match? Does it really enhance the experience, or am I missing something? Aren't there laws or something about this?)

Boom, boom.
KYPREO Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:01 pm

It's illegal to drink on public transport or at any tram or train station.
makkawakka 

Penguin Tamer

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:04 pm

KYPREO wrote:
It's illegal to drink on public transport or at any tram or train station.

Ah. Good to see it's being enforced well! The seats in front of me had four guys passing cans (Jim Beam and coke, I think) between themselves...The five guys behind me had cans of various beer (which they kept pulling out from their various bags) and a guy several rows in front in an old Spicers top going to town on his whiskey bottle.

God bless Connex.

Boom, boom.
KYPREO Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:07 pm

tell me about it.Rolling Eyes This morning there was a sixer of empty wild turkey cans and a couple of vb bottles - on a weekday morning! It stank.
warrnambool magpie 

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:21 pm
Post subject: Re: Racist, drink driving and speedingReply with quote

[quote="I@n S"]Racist

regardless of who they support, its a shame there are any racists. i too will never understand racism and am disgusted when i hear anyone speak down of another just because of where they are from or who they are associated with.
stereotyping anyone is a recipe for trouble.

all the comments about drink drivin and drinking on trains and at footy etc. i'm happy to read that others share my views!
you aint a bloody idiot if you drink drive, you're a f***ing moron.
as to people who HAVE to be drunk at the footy, i feel sorry for you that you can't enjoy a social event without booze in your system.
i'm one that loves to have a social drink aswell, but if you have to hide it, can't ya see that it may be wiser to wait or find a more appropriate time?
rules are in place for a reason. for those who follow them and still have a ball, thumbs up to ya!!!!

Wink

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:22 pm

I@ in s, I couldn't agree with you more. Well said mate. Take care.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:24 pm

This issue is a very sensitive one for me. As a dark skinned Collingwood fan in the years gone by especially at Vic Park, I had to almost hide my face in embarrassment at some of the utterly racist comments towards the Kraquers, Les Bamblet, Maurice Rioli and Umpire James etc from FERAL magpie fans. On one occasion, I had a go back at one of these wankers and got physically threatened by about 4 or 5 bloody racist dickheads. No one at all supported my stance or had the guts to do so.

However I agree that these days, it still happens but it is very rare. Also these days I would be extremely confident at having a good go at them because of the support I would get from other fans. This happened once last year when a bigot racially abused Leon and I fired right up. He shut up like a clamp after that because a few others around me too had a go at him. Times have changed a lot and now its much better I must say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: