Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Recruit of 2002

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The OX 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 7:40 am
Post subject: Recruit of 2002Reply with quote

Brendon Lade, is anyone out there, I wish the people who mattered could hear my recommendation, because I believe it would work. Cheap too I would imagine.

Also Anthony Rocca for Saints first round draft pick on traded to Hawthorn for Croad.

Simon Prestigiacomo for Scott West, reliable source that one.

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 8:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

any1 who wants to trade rocca is an absolute ****wit..ppl seem to forget that he is still very young..he won games for us this year..and he will be even better next year..we have an awesome forward line..l.davis, n.davis, c.tarrant, a.rocca, j.fraser, j.molloy ...so theres no reason 2 **** with it!!!

pure magic...
BUCKS 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 8:15 am

No way known Collingwood will get rid of Rocca for Croad... Shocking trade!

Anthony Rocca is staying at Collingwood and thats it!

Shame on you for even mentioning Rocca's name in a trade!

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 8:19 am

Rocca is untouchable.
If his name comes up in trades we'll do a "Hawthorn" and protest outside Vic Park. Would be interesting to see how many turned up to defend Ant.

-Craig

FAITH

BUCKS 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 8:23 am

I'LL DEFINITELY BE THERE PROTESTING IF THEY EVER TRADED A.ROCCA.

WHO HAS HAD A TERRIFIC SEASON… WELL DONE ROCCA!

The OX 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 10:12 am

I can't believe so many people spring to Rocca's defence. I like Rocca don't get me wrong, BUT he isn't irreplaceable. He had about 6 real good games this year out of 22 that in my book is not good enough, he is still young but not as young as players who are doing better, like Croad. Rocca looks very much like following in his Brothers footsteps, only this time in Savs career he was kicking a shitload. I too envisage Rocca as a consistent player, but it is unlikely. I can't see him improving on the consistency he offers now, and boy I hope I'm wrong, because people like the ones that sprang to his defence will be responsible for getting nothing for him in 6 years time aka Sav. He is worth something now, other teams would envisage what we dream about, and think they can get the most out of him. But for some reason we couldn't bring it out in Sav and I question the ability of bringing it out in Ant. Also what I spew about is the fact that yes he did help us alot with helping the team over come the opposition, the six times I mentioned and I wouldn't say single handedly either, his miss from 25 meters out against North the first time, cost us a place in the finals in the end. THAT I will never forget, for as long as his there.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 11:14 am

Ant has potential but he has had potential for a long time now. Two years ago he was good at CHB. Last year he was good for the most part at CHF. The problem is that he SHOULD be better. He has the talent to tear games apart but rarely shows it. He also has poor aerobic capacity.

Weighing it all up, I would be very reluctant to trade him. His best could be awesome but how long do we wait? I would suggest that this comming year will be watershed one way or the other. As for a trade now, well it would have to be good. Croad would make me think but I am not sure which way to jump. I am leaning in Ant's favour at the moment.

Presti for West? I don't the Doggies would even give that one a cursory glance with out more from the Pies like a draft choice. West is very good but we don't need him as much as we need a ruck or tall defender.

Lade would be ok if he were cheap.

Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 12:07 pm

Rocca for Croad, Id give up watching football altogether if we ever did a deal as crap as that.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 12:12 pm

Ox, have a look at our list. Pick 6 - 8 "untouchables".
Is Ant there?
I bet he is.

-Craig

FAITH

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 12:28 pm

Didn't Pebs just sign a new deal about a month or so ago??? As far as I am aware...he is CONTRACTED and is REQUIRED!

tassiepie 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 12:31 pm

TRADE PEBBLES,DONT BE SILLY.
IF HE GOES LOOK OUT I WILL GO OFF.
HE HAS HAD A GREAT YEAR SO WHY GET RID OF HIM.
ANOTHER RUMOUR I HOPE.

DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 12:49 pm

Dont get rid of Ant he is coming good and it would be lunacy to get rid of him for Croad. Rocca is becoming a linchpin in our forward set up we will be taking steps backward if we got rid of him and took on Croad who also look outta sorts for most of the year.Dermis's influence I think.....Word on the beat is look for ant to impress in tonights copeland....

Louis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: