Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

which is better, KFC, McDonalds, or Hungry Jacks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 9:21 am
Post subject: which is better, KFC, McDonalds, or Hungry Jacks?Reply with quote

here is my opinion on the various fast food outlets,
by junk(food)boy :

KFC
this is my personal favourite. the best is of course the original receipe chicken and the potato and gravy. of course, there is a rumour that the 11 herbs and spices are nothing more than flour, salt and MSG, but nothing beats tucking into a bucket of chicken and washing it down with a pepsi (or a chardonnay for a fancy occassion). the chicken burger is not bad either. big fat chips are great, but can be over-salted.

McDonalds
personally, I don't care much for maccas (or mcchucks as I call it). a lot of their food tastes like cardboard to me, although I will concede that after a big night out on the piss, maccas can be a godsend. I usually eat a quarter pounder with cheese and yes, I do sometimes try to be a smartarse and order a royale with cheese, or a sausage and egg mcmuffin if I have brekkie (their coffee sucks though). fries are very good of course, but they are fried in beef tallow, which is basically beef fat (yummy). haven't tried their new schmancy menu, but their "new" chicken burger looks exactly like KFC's.

Hungry Jacks
yeah not bad. whopper is big compared to maccas and the flame grilled flavour is quite good, but what's the deal with the bun, which is sweet tasting? also, like some souvalaki joints, they sometimes put way too much sauce, which ends up dripping all over the place. onion rings are good, but the vegie burger's a joke because it's cooked in saturated fats.

Burger King
haven't tried but isn't this exactly the same as Hungry Jack's??

Red Rooster
Probably one of the healthiest junk food places out there, but I'd as soon buy a chicken from safeways because it's much cheaper. nice stuffing, but chips can be terribly salty. coleslaw is not as good as KFC.

Nando's
Flamegrilled spicy chicken is very tasty indeed. burgers are good too. I like to put extra Peri Peri sauce on mine to see just how far I can push it before I need to put the fire out in my mouth. quite pricey compared to the others though.

Pizza Hut / Pizza Haven
I've put them together because they've virtually identical, and virtually as bad as each other. pan pizzas have more dough than toppings, and thin base pizzas are just plain crap. although I do still order them because even crap pizza is good pizza. however, if you want better pizza, try I Carusi in brunswick (?) which has traditional style pizzas.

P.S. yes, I am sick and bored of all the trade rumours as well (yawn).

"consectatio excellentiae"
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 9:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurline st fish and chippery the best there is and well worth the drive to cranbourne tell em joffa sent you and you will get one free chip......hahahahhahaahahahahahahahaha

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 03 October 2001).]

daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 9:27 am

1 McDonalds
2 Red Rooster
3 Subway
4 Nando's
5 Pizza Hut/Haven
6 Hungry Jack's/Burger King
7 KFC

I think I know that fish and chip shop you are talking about Joffa. Been through Cranbourne more then a few times in my life.
daicos4ever

2002 - The Year of the Pie

[This message has been edited by daicos4ever (edited 03 October 2001).]
MightyMC 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 10:24 am

I think KFC would be best if they had the chips from McDonalds. Perhaps they could trade the recipe to McDonalds chips for their Chicken Burger recipe and a junior register boy

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 10:28 am

hahahahaha....nice one mightymc

"consectatio excellentiae"
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 10:41 am

KFC and Red Rooster
then maccas

NICK DAFFY, U SUCK!!!
MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 11:37 am

Maybe they get Trent Croad for that Chip recepie. Then they could trade Trent for the Coke recepie and we could all sleep better at night because we wouldn't have to give up Tarks for a stale burger bun until next "silly season".

rash 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 11:52 am

I'm a big wrap for Big Daddies pizzas. $5.50 for a large pizza. You can't go wrong. Heaps better than Pizza Hut crap. More like a traditional pizza.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 2:46 pm

Junkyboy,

This is by far the best post for the last few days. I'm sick and tired of trade talk. Boring, boring, boring. I have the utmost faith in our board.

Now back to you post.

Best french fires....KFC. Love that chicken salt

Best Burgers....Greasy Joes - St Kilda...or any greasy Fish n' Chip Shop.

Best Burgers in a franchise....Hungry Jacks

Best Chinese.....Lily's in Smith Street, Collingwood. Make the best Mongolian Beef...Yum Yum

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 2:50 pm

mcdonalds is absolute rubbish..hungry jacks and kfc are not bad...

pure magic...
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 3:56 pm

Hungry Jacks rocks my world!! I don't eat Macca's anymore and KFC are only good when they bring out they're HOT N SPICY chicken....YUMMMMMMMM~! I'd take Hungry Jacks any day....fresher, bigger, and a sensational taste with that mayo & tomato sauce mixing thingy that they do!! At least with HJ's you get your burger made on the spot, unlike Macca's which have probably been sitting there for 3 days.....you know? Like when you get a big mac and it's all dry and stuff....also they are tight wads with their lettuce and special sauce! How much does a crate of Lettuce's cost em wholesale like 5 cents a lettuce?

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 4:10 pm

Red Rooster has the best chips, they say it is the salt on them that make them so nice.

Subway has fantastic and healthy rolls but their chicken rolls don't compare to Delganis in Cliffton Hill.

I love a Chicken Parma at pubs; some good ones that come to mind are the Sorrento Hotel or La Porchettia in Kew.

McDonalds is trash, as it has no taste what so ever.

I am sick of trade talk!

In Skob We Trust

Richo_Rules 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 4:17 pm

KFC definitly the best and Hungry Jacks the worst because they sponser the weagles and whats with spam sponsering the lions..... i hate spam man

Cos theres one day in September,
We want to remember,
There isn't any doubting,
we'll be in there shouting!
MarkT 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 3:17 am

SPAM???
Is that food?
HA HA HA

Monty Python sketch springs to mind.

Sam Faidy 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 8:57 am

this is a magpie forum!!!!

p.s macass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: