Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I'm handing back my membership

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legga 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 10:29 am
Post subject: I'm handing back my membershipReply with quote

Well, I know a rumour is only a rumour, but I have just heard from a pretty reliable source that Nick Daffy is coming to Collingwood.

I will always barrack for the Pies, and will die a pies barracker, but if we get Nick Daffy, and I don't care for what trade, I will NOT renew my membership.

I will pull the biggest dummy spit since Kevin Bartlett and his Richmond spat, but I have had enough of our terrible recruiting, and that sh*t club Scummond using us as a dumping ground for their talentless hacks, and we accept them with open arms.

I will not contribute one cent to the pies whilst Daffy is in our jumper, and may extend that to whilst Judkins is at our club if the rumour becomes fact.

MAJORLY PISSED OFF!!!

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 10:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

This one keeps getting a run. MM said on talking footy or somewhere else around the same time that with the injuries this year he wouldn't be keen on Daffey. I hope he meant it.

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 11:31 am

Oh geez..
does Ricky Olarenshaw ring any bells?
Injury prone, past his prime, hardly got a game.

If Nick Daffy came to the Pies, it would be like Olarenshaw all over again in a new body with the name N.Daffy!

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 11:47 am

As I have said all year we have failed to maximize the draft picks we once had and thus the opportunity to get quality players.

Look at Fremantle and St Kilda. They are in the same predicament we were in 1999 with a number of draft picks to entice players. Now they are going to obtain Croad, Farmer and Black (St Kilda) and are showing our recruiters as duds.

If they get Daffey the clubs recruiting is going backwards. Our recruiting has netted broken down players in Oalernshaw, Lane, Ukovic, McKee, Mangin, Tape and Orchard.

In Skob We Trust

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 12:24 pm

Rohan, you have missed an important point.
Free and St.Kilda have been in that position more often than not. Yet they are still there. Why is that? It certainly isn't because they have out recruited us.

It is because they are a rabble, can't develop talent and can't hold quality people at the club. That was us. It no longer is.

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 12:41 pm

guys, u dont know how much i hate nick daffy. yeah, im sure hes a nice person (believe it or not libba is actually VERY nice ) but i hate him as a footballer. Libba is a very nice person, but how many people like him as a footballer?
i spose as a collingwood supporter i should support nick daffy if he does come, if he does come its becos MM thinks hes worth it, but personally i dont.
i thought he was going to reitre anyway???

NICK DAFFY, U SUCK!!!
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 1:20 pm

You people who criticise the club are a joke. Have a little faith, give people a chance for crying out loud. Saying you won't renew your membership over one player is silly, the Collingwood Football Club is more than one player so if your not fair dinkum about supporting the club then don't bother.

Fradam Wrote This
Woodsman 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 1:26 pm

I don't think that the Pies should trade with Richmond full stop.

They have seemed to do a lot better out of the deals over the last 10 years.

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 2:00 pm

there is no way daffy is coming to collingwood..mick said he would not get a player who would only give the club 1 or 2 years..so dont even worry abt it!!!

pure magic...
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 2:39 pm

GOD DAMN IT! I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN LEGGA!! I AM GOING TO REPOST A COMMENT OF MINE FROM THE LAST TIME THE DAFFY TRADE CAME UP! GRRRRRRR I HATE HIM!

NO NO NO NO NO!!! This cannot be happening again! This very same rumour was around at the end of last season regarding Daffy coming to Collingwood! I wrote this like, 4 page long letter to Judkins, going off my head about how recruiting Daffy would be another major mistake just like Brad Hardie,Barry Mitchell, Rick Olerenshaw, need I continue? Passing up who the heck knows what young talent for some past it hacks! Why do we need Daffy? ...Daffy was a sensational player, Yes I grant you that, back in the mid 90's, he had the most uncanny goal sense and could hurt you enormously by foot, but to those who have seen him play over the last 3 seasons....What has he done?? I'll tell you what..........NOTHING, that's what! Anyways, I got robbed early this year and they took my computer which had the letter on the hard drive GRRRRRR! LOL! I just hope the club really has moved on from it's days of old, in regards to making bad recruting decisions like that, which ultimately DO NOT benefit us at all!!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 5:11 pm

So who's your "pretty reliable source", Legga?

Hey, I've got a mate who's very prominent at The Club. He swore on his old mother's grave that Malthouse was going to be sacked and replaced by ...

... ROSTOV.

Yep. That's right.

The great Rostov.

Of course, Tarrant has cracked the shits over that and wants to leave ... and Buckley has said if Tarrant goes, he goes too. But it doesn't matter. Because Rostov is gunna recruit Tank O'Donoghue himself.

Yep. That's right. The mighty Tank.

Now, it's only a rumour ... but it comes from a "very reliable source". This guy is the third cousin of Gavin Brown's personal bootstudder, so he knows what he's talking about.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

**floreat pica**

Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 5:29 pm

The Great Rostov, is he any good!
Btw, have you heard the tragic tale of my legless sister?

Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 1:43 am

"Legless Sister".....Ha Ha...Still piss myself laughing when I think of that one. Pure magic!

-Craig

P.S. Welcome to the great Rostov.

FAITH

pants42 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 2:24 am

Whooooo,Tank you bloody beauty thanks Alf, although aint he playing for Emu Springs??Got to love the CLUB

Mag Rob 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 3:31 am

This has got to be a joke, right?

Daffy Duck is no good, injury prone and overpaid. Granted he used to be decent. But I believe Bitchmond are paying him $450K a season. No other club would be stupid enough to take him for more than $50 and a two for one movies voucher, as his injuries will probably prevent him from playing 22 games a season for the rest of his career (which should be over).

Why oh why do we always get reported as chasing the Hacks that other teams are trying to offload.

Daffy duck..... Stick a fork in him..... He's done.

Go Hard.... GO PIES!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: