Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 7 v Casey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:13 pm
Post subject: Round 7 v CaseyReply with quote

Casey Scorpions v Williamstown
Sunday 21st May
Casey Fields at 2.00pm

B: Morrison - O'Brien - R. Shaw
HB: Anthony - J. Cloke - Egan
C: Davies - Br. Johnson - Rowe
HF: Lloyd - Richards - Williams
F: Pendlebury - T. Cloke - R. Cook
R: Fanning - Iacobucci - Greene
Int: Tallis - Stanley - Lawry - Rose
Toovey - McKenzie - Galea - Brewer
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Dale, I hope Guy lines up at CHF, will be great to watch Laughing
twaters 

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:41 pm

Intersting that Harry went down, but Rusling isn't yet named in Willi (perhaps in seconds, I haven't seen that teamlist).

If Travis really plays here this week instead of replacing Rocca at CFC, then I hope he takes the CHB position to get the feel of it and add to his roustabout options at senior level - cos he ain't a ruckman so far.

Suspect he'd share CHB/CHF with Lawry, who has been very impressive.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:26 am

How about that backline for a VFL team?

Forget the flood, try pearce that...

Infact that is one of the better VFL teams that u will see in a long time, reflects the depth of collingwood

mind u after that wrap i just gave willy they will get done this week... touch wood go willy, go pies
WKB 

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:12 am

Quote:
touch wood go willy

No look, I know I'm almost 30 and supposed to have a bit of maturity but this made me giggle like a school kid.

Part of the same reason I say "come on 'towners" on match day. I couldn't say "stick it up em willy" or "go hard willy" without embarrassing myself with a fit of the giggles.

Jesus, I have to grow up...and quick.
WKB 

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:19 am

Good to see Chadwick back on a footy field and glad to have Fanning back playing footy again.

There does certainly appear to be a good developing young group, mixed with some senior players, down at Williamstown.

On a purely Williamstown note I was suprised to see Tallis playing in the reserves when I got to the game last week. Any reason for this other than form? Or did he offer to go down give the kids there some on field support and let another youngster play seniors?

I'll be honest I'm still not convinced of Tallis, doesn't do a hell of a lot on the field, especially considering his AFL experience. And what frustrates me is that he has some sort of coaching role at the club but on field he never seems to be talking, marshalling, encouraging. Unfortunately when the team isnt going so well he gets most of my attention, I guess I just expect more from a bloke with his football experience, Williamstown have been pretty lucky with the ex-AFL players coming to the club.

Baldwin, Cranage, Mahoney, Fletcher, Johnson, Williams, Green, Lloyd etc. (This is some from my time following them). Sadly I wouldn't put Tallis in that group.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:39 am

WKB, seeing as though you are throwing ex-AFL/VFL players names around, there have been some huge names that have been associated with Williamstown in the past.

Ron Todd, Des Fothergill, Max Papley, Barry Gill, E.J. Whitten (coach in '75), Merv Hobbs, Rod Oborne (Capt/Coach '82/'83), Terry Wheeler, Barry Round, Kim Kershaw, Andrew Bews and Merv Keane come to mind.

Ron Todd holds the clubs goal kicking record of 672, whilst Fothergill and Round are both J.J. Liston Medal winners.
WKB 

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:25 am

Dale61 wrote:
WKB, seeing as though you are throwing ex-AFL/VFL players names around, there have been some huge names that have been associated with Williamstown in the past.

While I'm no expert on Williamstown I do consider myself a supporter of the club now (in that its Williamstown seniors not Collingwood reserves) and I've been doing my best to learn as much about the club as I can (yet still haven't bought the 'seagulls over willamstown' book on the history of the club released 3 or 4 years back) so I'd knew about most of those players playing for the 'Towners. Honestly didn't know about about Teddy Whitten though. There is a reasonable Collingwood/Willamstown crossover over the years.

Barry Round I definitely knew, still with the club as you'd know. Week before the start of the VFL season Fox Footy played the 1990 VFA grand final with Barry Round captain/coach and Swanny's dad making himself and instant legend at the club.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:58 am

Good to see Rusling back:

Reserves
B Rusling Walker McKenzie
HB Brewer Meyer Toovey
C Stretton Theodore Proctor
HF Cox Boyd Picken
F Nicholls Galea Barling
R Hall Tallis Rose
Inter Cravino Crawford Langlands Iles
Darvell Chiu A.Cook Dow
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:16 pm

jackcass wrote:
Good to see Rusling back:

Reserves
B Rusling Walker McKenzie
HB Brewer Meyer Toovey
C Stretton Theodore Proctor
HF Cox Boyd Picken
F Nicholls Galea Barling
R Hall Tallis Rose
Inter Cravino Crawford Langlands Iles
Darvell Chiu A.Cook Dow

Gee I'm a bit surprised and concerened that Iles cant even make the Willy seconds main team:roll:
WKB 

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:48 pm

Lazza wrote:

Gee I'm a bit surprised and concerened that Iles cant even make the Willy seconds main team:roll:

I wouldn't be to worried at this stage, if I'm not mistaken Harry O'Brien started his first season playing for the Williamstown reserves, so have a couple of other players. No need to panic just yet.
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:40 pm

10 - 11 players that would have easily gotten a game for the pies last year.

Willy would be kicking themselves if they didnt make atleast top4.

rand corp 

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:37 pm

Pretty sure Iles is returning from Injury as is Cox

Intesting to see Tallis named in the ressies
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:20 pm

And good to see Tex coming back from his injury.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:28 pm

At half time Willy were getting absolutely smashed but still only trailed by 32 points

8 goals something to 2.7 with the Ruck combo of Fanning/Richards proving no match for the Saints backup ruckman who cant even get a game despite the rucks in the 1sts being shit

Rhyce started in a back pocket but moved into the middle in the 2nd, probably trying to get some clearances as Willo also went in there leaving Fanning as the only forward and he cant mark for shit, dropped an absolute sitter 10m out

Trav has been trying hard but the supply is shit and when he does get it there is no one to kick to

Jase was superb especially in the 1st qtr, despite getting thumped and having 6 goals to none kicked against them Jases opponent didnt even touch it, he was spoiling every time he was behind and often got in front and outmarked him, hell when he was behind a couple of times he leapt onto the blokes shoulders and took a screamer. Probably had 10-15 touches, 5-6 marks for the half, his opponent got a couple in the 2nd, 1 from a ruck free kick against Fanning

But they were $£$%^%%$ shit, nearly as bad as the umps with the frees approx 20-5 with all 5 Willy frees coming during the 2nd, couldnt get near the ball without giving away a free in the 1st qtr

Cant really say much about the midfield guys, was sitting behind the goals and we werent getting much of it although Yakka and Pendles had a few touches and looked good when they had it

Whilst I am ranting, the Casey Fields is one of the shittest sporting venues in the world, horrible, horrible place. Crap parking, **** all seating or cover, terrible. Not a bad crowd in and with the Saints playing at the same time was about 10-1 Collingwood/Willy supporters outnumbering the Scorpions with ease, dunno how many left though, alot left when the rain came and it belted down for about 20 mins
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: