Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lockyer or Licuria may go!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Hitman 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 8:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Croad will not be traded...

All this talk that we need quality midfielder is absolute crap.

Crawford, Chick, Harford, (who I would rate ahead of Lockyer and Licuria), Greene, Lonie, Johnson (up and coming stars) Ries, Osborne, Williams (players at Box Hill who will play senior footy in the next year or two and are juicy looking midfield prospects) all will and will do well in being our midfield group.

I want to play Croad in the midfield anyway, so there is no need to trade him for a midfielder.

Croad will stay at Glenferrie...so don't get your hopes up.

The Hitman

"I come in peace..."

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 8:46 am

OH MY FRIGGIN GOD!

I CANNOT BELIEVE SOME OF WHAT I AM READING HERE! FOR STARTERS I AM TOTALLY DISMAYED THAT SO MANY PEOPLE ARE SO QUICK TO GET RID OF TARKS! TARKYN IS A FANTASTIC PLAYER, WITH TERRIFIC SKILLS, COURAGE AND GOOD READER OF PLAY......WHO ALSO I BELIEVE (IF NOT FOR JOSH) WOULD GO VERY CLOSE TO CAPTAINING OUR SIDE IN THE FUTURE! I HAVE ALSO THOUGHT THAT TARKS WAS ONE OF THE MOST VALUABLE YOUNGSTERS WE HAVE AND IS (ALONG WITH Taz, Nicky, Josh, Dids, Obree and Lonie)THE NUCLEUS OF A "GREAT" SIDE IN THE FUTURE...I DUNNO MAYBE I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL OR I AM COLOUR BLIND AND WATCHING "24 FROM HAWTHORN" INSTEAD! BUT TARKYN IS A FUTURE CHAMPION AND I FOR ONE WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY """"ROPEABLE""" IF HE WAS LET GO! AND FOR CROAD! I'M SORRY, BUT EVEN THOUGH CROAD IS THE TYPE OF PLAYER WE NEED IN OUR SIDE, I DON'T THINK HE HAS DONE ENOUGH TO PROVE HIMSELF AS A QUALITY FOOTBALLER! CROAD IS ALL HYPE BY DERMOTT BRERERTON AND HAS NOT DONE ENOUGH TO IMPRESS ME! TARKYN IS WAY TOO VALUABLE A PLAYER TO WASTE ON CROAD!!

NOW I WOULD CONSIDER TRADING LICA...BECAUSE HE IS A BACKMAN, AS WE WOULD BE RECRUTING CROAD FOR, BUT I STILL WOULD BE SORRY TO SEE LICA GO. I KNOW HE TURNS THE BALL OVER A LOT AND, YES THAT IS FRUSTRATING, BUT HE'S OK IF HE HANDBALLS!! LICA HAS A TREMENDOUS SPIRIT AND LOT OF HEART AND HE BLEEDS BLACK & WHITE, WHICH TO ME IS A BEAUTIFUL THING! IF HAWKS WANT LICA FOR CROAD THEN THAT WOULD BE A FAIR SWAP IN MY EYES, BUT TARKS FOR CROAD? NO WAY!!!

MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 11:08 am

Lockyer is a required player. He will be traded only very reluctantly but in a deal for Croad he is "expendable".

Lica and a draft pick for Croad would be a bargain and if we could pull that off I would be rapt. Lica is a good gutsy ball getter but he plays a small style we can cover and his disposal can let him down. Good deal as far as I'm concerned.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 11:44 am

Nice to see you in here Hitman. I'm familiar with your work on the Hawks site and Hawksheaven.com.
I have to agree with you that Trent will stay at the Hawks, but it is "silly season" and anything is possible.
Keep up the good work. Glad you come in peace.

-Craig

FAITH

-Rhain- 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 12:02 pm

Is Holland Up for grabs? I couldn't see how they could let him go.

Mighty_Pies05 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 2:23 pm

How is this for a three way trade;

1. Croad to Collingwood. We need another key position backmen
2. Scott West to the Hawks. They are desperately looking for another quality midfielder.
3. Lockyer & (Tuckey and/or a draft pick)to the bulldogs. Dogs are after a tall forward maybe Tuckey is their answer.

Go Pies
Michelle

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 2:26 pm

tarks wont go, theyd be stupid to let him go

NICK DAFFY, U SUCK!!!
@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 2:37 pm

and should i even be commenting on this total utter bull F****** s***???

really? should i?

i want u all to go back to all the stats for each game... all the profiles.. and have a look. BOG - LICURIA rite? GAMES 2001 - 22 RITE? 2nd half of the season Lica started to have a lil trrrennnnddd going didn't he? 31 touches? 31 again? then about 29 29 28??

and how many last yr guyz? 22 games again?
thanku come again.

cmon. how many of u guyz like mick mouldy? CMON! eitha raise ur hand, or nodd ur head. i can c u. cmon. we luv him. he knows wats best rite?

well can i ask u all something? WHY IN HELLS NAME would Mick, the one we all trust, have Licuria, the one u all want to trade, in A-L-L T-W-E-N-T-Y T-W-O G-A-M-E-S O-F T-H-E S-E-A-S-O-N

????

HUH?
as if it wouldn't be possible to c that Paulie waz wasting our time, as well as his if he was a s***house playa. WHICH MIND U. HE ISN'T

I MEAN.. I DON'T EVEN KNOW Y I SHOULD EVEN BE SAYING THIS.. OR THINKING THIS..

supporters r meant to be behind their playas, every second of every day... and for wat? for them to be traded? for ppl to not even CARE?

cmon guyz. TRENT CROAD CAN NOT PLAY FOOTBALL TO SAVE HIMSELF
wat is it of him we want? his "publicity" his "name"

does everyone know wat RUMOURS MEAN? this is it. y would u choose LOCKYER AND LICURIA to have a think about? Hawthorn mite not even be bloody INTERESTED in eitha.. in COLLINGWOOD PLAYAS for that instant.

so eitha ur all off ur face, or u really have a thing against paul licuria.

can i give you ppl some hw? since its the end of the footy season, if u're like me, ur getting pretty footy thirsty already.
watch some cwood games ok? take notes or do wateva u want.
then u can come back and complain about my paulie, at the things which there will be nothing to talk about.

thanku for making me upset

Luv da 1 da only da 4eva, da @sh Licuria

PS i'm part of paul. so if wat u guyz r wanting for paul, ur wanting for me. guess i'll be need a new guernsey

PPS thanku for the guyz who apoligised. makes me feel that little bit betta...

PPPS

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 3:23 pm

AWWWWWWWWWWWW ASH! WELL SAID! Stand by your man and all that! I would hope that under the Malthouse administration, that the days of poor recruiting and bad decision making regarding trades are over!! LOL@getting a new number on your jumper! I've been there too!

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 3:40 pm

Hey Bucks
Get real!!!!!!!!!! trade Tarks for Croad????????? whatever possessed you to even think of such rubbish...... Next you'll come on and say that Bucks is being traded for Croad...... what a lot of crap...... And if that is really the case Im afraid there would be a revolt down at Vicki Park and the whole football department would be lynched..... Such stupidity makes me sick..... Im still crying over King for McKee.....

ROLL ON 2002

The Hitman 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 5:19 pm

Don't give yourselves to big a head now...

Lockyer and Licuria better than Croad?

Please...don't insult my intelligence!

I know that they might be good looking and you couldn't bear and lose TWO of your best looking players, but Trent Croad is not a fair trade for those two. I would trade Fraser for him. I would trade Buckley for him. That is it. Those two will never happen, so I don't see a trade with you lot happening.

Thanks Craig, pleasure to be here...

The only trade that Croady could possibly be involved in with the Western Bulldogs.

Trent Croad and a draft pick for Scott West.

That is what I heard...but I hope it isn't true.

The Hitman

"I come in peace..."

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 5:29 pm

Careful Hitman, you're in Pie territory - don't mistake tolerance for weakness.

We're pretty good at giving each other flack and there are places that we don't need to hear it from others and this is one of them.

-Rhain- 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 5:39 pm

Lockyer is better than Croad. Croad may be a good athlete but Tarks has the skill factor over him. Also Tarks goes in harder than Croad and is a much better kick for goal. Croad might have the height advantage, but if Lockyer can get it twice as much every game and dispose of it more cleanly who would you go for?

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 2:55 am

I think Tarks is an integral part of the team. He's proven his kicking ability from full-back, he works hard in the centre and running down the ground AND can kick a long goal. Wouldn't trade him for the world!

As for Lica, I think his ability to get the ball is too good to lose and if his disposal improves next year, as much as it has this year, then he'll be a huge asset, particularly with his ability to clear the ball out of the back-line.

After saying that, Croad could help fill a void at CHB, particularly if Richo continues to have injury problems. BUT I don't think he's worth trading any of our top players for.

GO PIES!

Marg

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 4:11 am

Your'e all dreaming......Licuria for Croad would be great but Hawthorn would not consider it, nor Ben Johnson. Lockyer is a special person and a future captain and should be retained. If they are serious about getting Croad they should trade Shane O'Bree.....great player but as has been said, you've gotta give something good to get it in return

Damien
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: