Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 6 v Coburg

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Reserves:

Williamstown: 9.4.58 - 14.6.90 - 17.8.110 - 19.9.123
Coburg Tigers: 1.1.7 - 6.3.39 - 7.5.47 - 9.9.63

Goal Kickers: P. Rose 6, B. Clifton 2, C. Proctor 2, M. Boyd 2, L. Picken 2, M. Dow, D. Stretton, S. Meyer, A. Cook, M. Darvell

Best Players: P. Rose, J. Barling, A. Cook, M. Cravino, R. Tallis, B. Clifton
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:40 pm

In other games, there was an upset result with Casey beating the Bullants, but for me, the highlight was Frankston's 107 point belting of Port Melbourne.
okjoe 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:04 pm

I was pleased to see Cookie play really well in the third quarter. His wrist is crook at the moment so he did alright considering.
Pants & Rowdy 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:49 pm
Post subject: .Reply with quote

Last years draft looks to be lined with gold....So many of the kids seem to be genuine prospects...the depth is impressive and if anything Willy must be serious flag contenders again....
Never Forget the #42
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:04 pm
Post subject: Re: .Reply with quote

Pants & Rowdy wrote:
Last years draft looks to be lined with gold....So many of the kids seem to be genuine prospects...the depth is impressive and if anything Willy must be serious flag contenders again....

spot on mate and this is because of the success in the seniors...
and willys success underlines CFC's depth...
daicos from the boundry 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:23 am

Apart from the ones named in the bests who played from the pies.Especially the emerg .Eg Richards T Cloke did they fly back and play
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:26 am

Thanks for the updates, but when you are listing a Cloke in the goals or best for the love of god put the inital in front. I assume it was C Cloke but T Cloke may have played? I dunno if he actually went to WA or what?
TurkishPie 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:07 am

GO RUPERT 10 wrote:
pie go and make me my kebab with no garlic but put lots of hommus on it

garlic? you mean garlic sauce. i think you should stick to your souvlaki's bro.

Go Denizlispor, you owe me one.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:17 pm

How did Julian Rowe go? How much game time?
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:06 pm

if anyone is interested there is a CFC listed players at willy review of this game by Jabso:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242047

MardyP 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:20 pm

Travis wouldn't have played, as he was in the coach's box Saturday night.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Travis didnt play, Richards did...
WKB 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:46 pm

Although the end result wasn't quite the same in terms of the margin, it is fair to say it was almost a carbon copy of the Port Melbourne game.
Not sure if the bye had anything to do with it but it did really look like the players were just not into the game at all, off the pace, second to contests etc. But they showed a bit of what has impressed me with Williamstown this year and that is the fight that they seem to have, a self-belief.

As for the Collingwood contingent well this is how I saw it.

Brent Hall - Again he was far from best on ground but he has improved out of sight in the last couple of games I've seen (though from a pretty low base I know). You really can't fault his attack on the pill and at times his ground level work is better than his aerial work which is suprising considering his height. Though he did take a couple of strong marks.

Chris Egan - Not one of his better games, finished off strongly in terms of possessions and impact but I don't remember him having done much up to half-way through the 3rd quarter. Stats will probably prove me wrong again but I'm a fan of Egan so I usually remember when he has done a bit of stuff.

Cam Cloke - I don't think I was the only one that was worried when he was given a hospital pass in the middle of the ground in the 3rd quarter and was smashed by Trent Knobel. He hit him hard and clean on the shoulder that he has had trouble with and Cam stayed down for a fair while. It seemed he couldn't lift his arm and went off. Came back on in the last quarter and did some good stuff, this would indicate that there was nothing serious but it didn't look good. Overall he is turning into a strong bullocking forward who is more than servicable in the ruck, have to be a pretty unlucky bloke at the moment especially when Jason got a game over him.

Alan Toovey - I like the boy, he seems a no fuss player, not outstanding but never looks embarrassed. Would have enjoyed this game more than his last senior match against Preston. Looks a good size for a kid and has a good motor.

Danny Stanley - I swear him and Ryan Cook have to get new numbers, on the field they have same hair, similar heights, play similar, one is 28, one is 29 so I find it a nightmare. But he was close to BOG for me (Geez I hope i'm not getting him and Cook mixed up now) Particularly early on when the ball was our defence all the time, he is strong overhead despite not being very tall. Reminds me a lot of Scotty Burns in that and many other respects.

Ryan Cook - Thankfully him and Stanley played at opposite ends of the ground. Got better as the game went on, but you think (like a lot of our recruits which is a good thing) that he could play senior footy now if he was needed.

Guy Richards - Probably feels unlucky to be at Williamstown but I thought he was good without being spectacular. Thankfully he was up against another player with some strong AFL experience in Trent Knobel, this meant he had to keep up a high standard and wouldn't get a false sense of how he went by playing a young kid etc.

Danny Nicholls - you can't help but love this kid. He plays with the motto "There's the ball so that's what I'm going to get". Head down, hard at it, no sense of his own size will take on anyone in order to get the pill. Backs that up with a pretty good goal sense and foot skills.

Rowe - He's a funny one, and I think I've been saying this every week but when you think he's out of the game he bobs up and has 6 or 7 touches in a Rowe (ridiculously poor pun intended) or kicks a couple of goals to put his stamp on the game. You kind of want to see him really make a full 4 quarter impact but they seem to be using him as a genuine winger/outrider type player who is being used to link up the play. Its fair to say he didn't move inside the centre square and rarely moved inside either defensive or our forward 50 except when he kicked his goals, really kept to the wing. I still think he has something though. Don't want to say categorically but it seems that his kicking has improved.

John Anthony - Even though JAJH was right next to me and I could have asked I didn't but it seemed that Anthony wasn't quite right from the start of the match. Looked really tired by late in the first quarter, not sure if he was carrying anything into the match or not but wasn't quite right. To his credit he kept at it and when he looked tired he got to some good contests and made some important spoils. Seemed to get a second wind very early in the last quarter and for me he finished off the game strongly made some good spoils and took a great defensive mark. Certainly not his best game but you couldn't say he played poorly or that his opponent got the better of him.

Pendlebury - Named the best for Williamstown but I kinda thought it wasn't his best game for the club. Upon saying that it was still a very good game and its fair to say (and hey its his own fault for being so bloody good) that I may expect too much from him because he has set the standard pretty high. He is still an absolute joy to watch, I can't emphasise that enough, you hate to cliche and say 'poetry in motion' but he is smooth in most things he does. There were some scrappy tussles to get it out of the centre of around the grounds, especially when the game got tight, and he was able to pick it up and create that extra couple of yards out of nothing to then have the time to get a quick kick or handball away. And he doesn't make the space with an explosive burst of speed like a Judd, in fact its hard to describe how he does it sometimes but it is pretty to watch, it kinds reminds me off myself when I am able to create enough space to get the front of the line whenever free food is on offer.

Yakka - I thought he was fantastic has been for most of the year, will he get a game as long as Licca, Burnsy and Brodie are still in the side? Sadly I don't think so which is unfair on this kid who is consistantly playing well. Really couldn't fault his game myself.

Ben Davies - Will absolutely run all day, kicking still sometimes lets him down but he was certainly in our best players I thought. I'm not sure he gets the accolades he deserves for his hard at it type football, not afraid to go in and get it but probably is seen as more of a runner.

Shaw - you would think he wouldn't be to far away. If I was a coach one of my instructions would be to "listen to Shawy". He is the loudest bloke on the footy field by a mile, marshalling players (and he's been doing this even when he was a new recruit at Collingwood, seems to have a pretty good football brain) and certainly isn't afraid to have a crack if he think some people aren't pulling their weight, which he did in no uncertain terms on Sunday. Still runs like the wind which you got to love.
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:57 pm

Great report WKB.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:20 am

Thanks KWB
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: