Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farenheit 9/11

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:14 am
Post subject: Farenheit 9/11Reply with quote

saw it for the first time last night. As much as I despise Moore I have to admit he makes a pretty persuasive argument. What were other people's views on it?

As we all know, Moore is pretty loose with the truth when it suits him so I suggest a viewing of his film should be accompanied with a visit to a website like this:
http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

But it just goes to show, you can put a persuasive argument for just about anything and people will believe it. It helps if you're being told what you want to hear. As is plain to see, with F 9/11, and also the website above, there is a lot of bias. Who knows, maybe Kopel himself made up some stuff. I guess the lesson is, try to keep an open mind.

eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:03 pm
Post subject: Re: Farenheit 9/11Reply with quote

David from Canberra wrote:
saw it for the first time last night. As much as I despise Moore I have to admit he makes a pretty persuasive argument. What were other people's views on it?

..funny/interesting/eye opening....Has Michael Moore defamed? Any pending law suits? None that I'm aware of.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:42 pm

But it just goes to show, you can put a persuasive argument for just about anything and people will believe it.

hmmmmmm yep, Bush, Howard et al did all that in relation to 'the war on terror' and sending troups to Iraq.

And now people are actually seeing how they manipulated the truth for their own agenda.

Btw, why do you hate Michael Moore? Because he's bringing you a different perspective to the one you've bought by Bush and Howard?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:45 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
But it just goes to show, you can put a persuasive argument for just about anything and people will believe it.

hmmmmmm yep, Bush, Howard et al did all that in relation to 'the war on terror' and sending troups to Iraq.

Yes, and people believed it because they didn't know the details, or didn't want to. Just like anyone who takes F 9/11 as fact. Although in my view the jury's still out on Bush and Howard.

Proud Pies wrote:

Btw, why do you hate Michael Moore? Because he's bringing you a different perspective to the one you've bought by Bush and Howard?

How about this. He's an arrogant pr*ck who makes manipulative documentaries to push his own radical agendas and massive ego, with the tendency to make stuff up if the truth doesn't suit his argument.

By the way, PP, did you read Kopel's page? Makes some pretty good points of its own...

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:23 pm

By the way, PP, did you read Kopel's page? Makes some pretty good points of its own...

actually thought i read it a couple of years ago when the film first came out to see what all the hype was about, but after checking out that link you gave, definitely wasn't his site, but then again I wouldn't take a benefactor member of the gun toting National Rifle Association's word either. I'd put it in the same bag as i did with Charlton Heston.

Then i watched the film and made my own judgement from my life experience as a 40 something year old who's become quite cynical and not as an impressionable youth ......sad actually that it's come to that. Perhaps you'll become cynical the older you get too.

wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Corruption in politics and big business??? surely not
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:09 pm

Proud Pies wrote:

Then i watched the film and made my own judgement from my life experience as a 40 something year old who's become quite cynical and not as an impressionable youth ......sad actually that it's come to that. Perhaps you'll become cynical the older you get too.

I don't know... I'm pretty cynical as it is. Though, you have a point that you're more experienced in life, of course that doesn't guarantee you're right, just makes it more likely. Having said that, I think one needs to be aware of all points of view, and if Moore is making false assertations, that needs to be investigated, by all of us, no matter what our respective wisdom or life experience.

wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:15 pm

I think it is particularly damning that in the most litigious country in the world none of the claims have ever been contested in court or Mr Moore sued for defamation or slander

And by the way David your signature is in extremely poor taste, if you had relatives or friends that were on the receiving end of terrorism I doubt you would be so flippant
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:44 pm

aceofstace wrote:
And by the way David your signature is in extremely poor taste, if you had relatives or friends that were on the receiving end of terrorism I doubt you would be so flippant

Awe c`mon aceofstace you can talk, have a look at that hat on your avatar Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:52 pm

nuxta wrote:
aceofstace wrote:

Awe c`mon aceofstace you can talk, have a look at that hat on your avatar Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
But thats comedy gold Sad
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:54 pm

I notice you have just joined, well welcome aboard aceofstace
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:58 pm

Just another Bigfooty orphan Nuxy
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:04 pm

Cool.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:10 pm

The Truth is somewhere in the middle.

While they invade Iraq and Afganastan they always fail to mention that they supported both these Governments when it suited them. It doesn't now so it's blow the crap out of them. They will cost thousands of lives to try to win a war that they never will. History shows us that when you try to occupy a country you end up losing the war. This is very much Vietnam revisited.

Dubya and Co want to rule the world in the name of Chris & Justice, does not matter that they lie to do it.

Yes Saddam had to go, so did Pinochet. The common factor here is the US backed both of them and how many thousands died under these people?

The tide is turning and as one great President said, "You can fool some of the people some of the time, you cannot fool all the people all the time".
wasteofspace 

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:36 pm

Disagree Culprit, there is no great conspiracy to rule the world, its always MONEY, look at the world bankers that bankroll wars, the Rothschildes backed both sides in WW2, which meant the European branch was helping to kill 10 million of their fellow Jews while the American branch was lending money to the allies to stop them, and lest I be labelled a racist by that bastion of racial harmony Mr greg, there are many fine examples of anglo world bankers such as the Rockerfellers and JP morgan etc that bankroll both sides in wars, not for power, just for money, always money
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13   

Jump to: