Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Options

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 6:12 pm
Post subject: Trade OptionsReply with quote

(1) Burns: Would attract some interest from South Australian clubs or could be involved in a package deal. Has chronic lower back/hamstring problems and considering his salary his output is not great enough. If Croad/Porter/Misiti/Black could be exchanged he should be traded, anything less and would not look to trade.

(2) Licuira: His worth is overrated as he has poor skills. He accumulates disposals but they are worthless as they are turned over. Clubs go for players that played well against their side and considering he tagged some good players he could be attractive. Would be worth a quality player if draft picks were exchanged with him.

(3) Prestigicamo: Would be sought after at a club that has problems in its back half (Carlton, St Kilda). Doesn’t run off his opponents enough and had an inconsistent year. Would only trade if a key position player or ruckman (Croad) were exchanged for him. The saving grace for him is that we don’t have enough tall defenders but if a Croad or Porter were picked up it would allow a Rocca (his best year was at CHB in 99) or Molloy to play in the backline.

(4) Number 1 draft pick: Its value is negated due to us finishing mid table. Judkins has stated it is untouchable (I agree with), as it will continue our philosophy of quality youth. This year’s draft will be very deep. Only exchange if a quality youngster (19 to 22) could be picked up.

(5) Ben Johnson: He is young and has got a good reputation, as he is hard at ball. Questionable foot disposal has meant players such as Didak, Adkins and Holland have taken his place (future). Would be attractive at a club with an aging list.

Untouchables:
(1) Nathan Buckley
(2) Chris Tarrant
(3) Anthony Rocca
(4) Nick Davis
(5) Josh Fraser
(6) Shane O’Bree
(7) Ryan Lonie
(Cool Alan Didak
(9) Tarkyn Lockyer
(10) James Clement
(11) Leon Davis

Summary: We are only 2 quality players from being a force. There shouldn’t be much trading by Collingwood so an exodus of players being traded is very unlikely. I would only trade 1 or 2 of the above players (tradable) and not all 4.

In Skob We Trust

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 6:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Croad for Presti?

Hmm.

What sort of cigarettes do they smoke behind the dunnies at St.Kevins?

It sounds pretty good to me, but I wonder what The Hitman would think of that?

I don't think JLC will agree with you about Sir Scott Burns, but I reluctantly have to agree with you. Scott Burns is a wonderful player. One of the most courageous I've seen. But he misses far too many games through injury. Unfortunately his injury woes will affect his attractiveness as a trade lure.

I agree with all your "untouchables".

**floreat pica**

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 12:34 am

I do recall James Hird having similar chronic injuries yet Essendon stuck by him. Collingwood also persisted for Lee Walker knee after knee injury. Instead of looking to trade SSB i would be looking at how we can overcome his injury problems and help the guy out through the tough time he is going through.

I agree with your other player ratings. I think Presti is definately going pergaps to the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs have absoloutely no key position players.

I would offer the Number one draft pick, Prestigacomo and Heath Scotland for Scott West. If we had Scott West our midfield would be the most potent in the league.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
MarkT 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 2:40 am

I am a huge Scott Burns fan. He is the heart and sole of our side and therefore means more to the team than his form or nuber of games would indicate. Having said that, if the right deal comes along it has to be considered.

Presti is needed because we are the side that has problems down back. If we gor Croad for him it would be a good deal but the Hawks wouldn't do that deal. Our 1 hope is to pay him to dump the Hawks and nominate for the draft so they are under pressure to do the deal he wants. A few $ and a promised media career could get him in black & white for a reasonable price if the Hawks thing it is our way or nothing.

I would prefer to keep Johnson because he is still on a steep learning curve and improving. I agree he is hard at it and we need that more than anything except a centre hit out at the moment. Licuria is eminantly tradable as far as I am concerned (sorry @sh) and so is Dimma. Throw in Ukovich, Wakelin, Lane and Freeborne and we have something to deal with.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: