Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 4 v Port Melbourne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortis wrote:
It's a shame Williams was of no use for us in the AFL, looks like he has found a place.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he does a Josh Mahoney on Collingwood. Like Josh going from Coll to W Bulldogs and then on to a Port flag team, he will be picked at this year's draft by his 3rd AFL club and go on to play in a premiership Twisted Evil Razz
Its NOT an impossibility...... Wink
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:48 pm

Just to clear up some post-match loose ends.

Reserves;

Will: 7.9.51 ~ 12.19.91 ~ 19.24.138 ~ 33.28.226

Goals: D. Stretton 6, S. Cox 6, M. Boyd 4, A. Cook 3, B. Clifton 3, M. Darvell 2, A. Toovey 2, D. Stanley, J. Barling, M. Cravino, M. Dow, P. Rose, S. Meyer, R. Crawford
Best Players: D. Stretton, S. Meyer, M. Darvell, D. Stanley, B. Clifton, L. Picken

Bendigo Bombers: 1.3.9 ~ 1.5.11 ~ 2.7.19 ~ 2.8.20

The reserves remain unbeaten, and have a percentage of 605.88.

Of CFC listed players, only Danny Stanley, Sam Iles, Alan Toovey and Shannon Cox played.

Seniors;

Will: 0.5.5 ~ 9.8.62 ~ 17.10.112 ~ 21.14.140

Goals: A. Williams 7, D. Galea 4, B. Lloyd 4, B. Hall 2, C. Cloke, C. Proctor, B. Johnson, J. Rowe
Best Players: A. Williams, B. Lloyd, A. Iacobucci, S. Pendlebury, J. Rowe, C. Cloke

PM: 3.0.18 ~ 3.1.19 ~ 3.5.23 ~ 8.7.55

The Seniors currently sit third on the ladder, with a percentage of 129.93.
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:05 am

4 'bests' from 4 games now for pendles....great to see.
Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:36 am

It is also worth reporting for the 2's , that Iles was on crutches after the game.
WKB 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:03 am

I need confirmation on the number of AFL listed players who can play against stand-alone clubs. Its just that I can't see why Danny Stanley is playing reserves.

that being said I got there in time to see the last quarter and a half of the Williamstown reserves and they almost embarrassed themselves by getting to a point that they were going to beat Bendigo by less than 200 points. Fair dinkum this team just continues to dominate the Home and Away season year after year.

Toovey was pretty solid as was Stanley. Don't remember seeing much of Illes thats not to say he didn't have an influence, with getting settled, going to get food and having a my 2 year old niece constantly wanting to kick the footy i did miss bits of that game.

Now onto the seniors. Everything they didn't do last week they did this week. Ran in numbers, were there to support, made everything a contest for the opposition and the chatter on the field was very audible.

Wakes - was as solid as you'd expect him to be, got a dodgy holding the ball decision early on but was good all day. Impressed with his encouragment of the young kids

J. Cloke - Had a great game. His kicking was first rate he never (maybe once or twice) missed a target. Spent some time trying to figure out where exactly he played early on, seemed more wing or centre than loose man in defence. Though I still have my reservations when he has to play man on man in defence.

C. Cloke - I thought he was superb today, when thinking of a BOG I kept coming back to him. Not sure of his stats but he seemed to be everywhere, rucked fantastically and used his bulk a lot in contests.

J.Rowe - He keeps going quietly about his business, he is willing to make space and his kicking was pretty good today. The best part about his game today was his defensive efforts, pushing that extra yard to put a spoil in etc.

R. Cook - I must confess as i'm typing now I'm struggling to remember him much in the game. Of course I'll look like an idiot when I find out he had 25 touches but it wasn't that I thought he was awful just don't remember him much

Yakka - Geez if this game had have been played last week you may have seen him replacing Brodie in the side and not Ben Davies (which is not to say Davies hasn't been great this year and deserves a senior game). He is an in and under player but will run very much in the Licca mould is how I see him (but with better foot skills)

Egan - The enigma, he is obviously incredibly talented, I just love the way he knows where to go, all he needs to do is lose those Bermuda Triangle parts of his game, the parts where he seems to go missing without trace. But that isn't to say he had a bad game, his overhead marking on a lead just keeps on improving. He was also playing in the backline where Port tried to take him back to the goalsquare and have him one out, of course it didn't get down there much but he more than held his own in what would be an unfamiliar position.

B.Hall - I'm not sure how to gauge Port Melbourne but even if they aren't that great a side I dont want to take away from the fact that B.Hall probably had his best game for Williamstown. He hit the ball hard and did some good stuff at ground level which I certainly didn't see coming. No BOG but did pretty well.

D.Nicholls - I'm not sure I can keep commenting on this kid because I am unashamedly biased. This kid is an absolute goer in the truest sense of the word. No fear, hard nut but has skills to back that up. Another solid game from a player who never played seniors last week, can anyone inform me why that happened? Injury?

R. Shaw - Another encouraging game back from the knee injury. It puts a smile on my face every time he took off like a jet plane today, to see that the injury hasn't seemed to slow him down. They will probably want to keep him down their for a few more weeks for match fitness because it didn't seem that he played the whole game again today, which you don't expect. Will certainly play seniors again before long one would think.

J.Anthony - Certainly the smokey in our pick ups, super solid defender who is willing to back himself, although muscular he seems to be even stronger than he looks if that makes sense. Good luck beating him one on one, if you do you have done a good job (how this will translate to AFL senior footy I look forward to seeing). One down note was that he hobbled off just before 3/4 time with a calf or knee maybe (those listening to SEN may be able to shed some light on this). Didn't return for the last quarter in what I hope was just precautionary measures.

Pendles - genius. That is all.

I know he probably didn't have a perfect game but he does so many classy things you are so amazed that you are buggered if you can remember any mistakes he made. My family are going to have to start wearing NFL style padding to protect themselves from me hitting them in the arm saying "did you see that" everytime he does something. I'm sure some of you think I'm exaggerating and god knows I probably am but I implore you to get down there (thats if he doesn't get a senior games for the pies in the next few weeks) and just watch this kid glide across the footy field.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:23 am

WKB, sensational report...as good as the win by the magoos!!!

Nico is awesome for his size. Did we clone Daisy Thomas?

Brent was great and kicked 2 very good goals.

Really good win for the Gulls and a great game to watch in difficult conditions.

Wakes.jpg

Tallis.jpg

Pendles2.jpg

Lloydy.jpg

C2b.jpg

JAJH Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:23 am

wkb wrote:

J.Anthony - Certainly the smokey in our pick ups, super solid defender who is willing to back himself, although muscular he seems to be even stronger than he looks if that makes sense. Good luck beating him one on one, if you do you have done a good job (how this will translate to AFL senior footy I look forward to seeing). One down note was that he hobbled off just before 3/4 time with a calf or knee maybe (those listening to SEN may be able to shed some light on this). Didn't return for the last quarter in what I hope was just precautionary measures.

Pendles - genius. That is all.

I know he probably didn't have a perfect game but he does so many classy things you are so amazed that you are buggered if you can remember any mistakes he made. My family are going to have to start wearing NFL style padding to protect themselves from me hitting them in the arm saying "did you see that" everytime he does something. I'm sure some of you think I'm exaggerating and god knows I probably am but I implore you to get down there (thats if he doesn't get a senior games for the pies in the next few weeks) and just watch this kid glide across the footy field.

Yes, gotta agree with you in regards to Pendlebury, I don't think it will be long before we see him in the seniors. Young John stood on a sprinkler head and pushed onbe of his boot stops into his foot and hit a nerve. It just gave him a strange sensation, so nothing to worry about.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:46 am

WKB, when playing a stand alone team, the 12/10 rule comes in to play.

This means that only 12 AFL listed players can play on the day, even though more can be named. Any excess then drops down to the reserves.
WKB 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:30 am

Quote:
WKB, when playing a stand alone team, the 12/10 rule comes in to play.

This means that only 12 AFL listed players can play on the day, even though more can be named. Any excess then drops down to the reserves.

I thought it was 12 players but wasn't sure. I am hoping that is the reason for stanley in the reserves.

Quote:
Yes, gotta agree with you in regards to Pendlebury, I don't think it will be long before we see him in the seniors. Young John stood on a sprinkler head and pushed onbe of his boot stops into his foot and hit a nerve. It just gave him a strange sensation, so nothing to worry about.

Thanks for that JAJH. I swear you are like "where's wally". I put my family on to your site with all your pictures on them saying how good they were. So each week we try and spot you around the boundary lines to see if we can put a face to the bloke who takes the pictures. But I think we found you.

For most of the second half I think you were standing next to us, we would have been on your left. Me (fat bloke with beard) my mum, sisters friend, sister and 2 year old niece running around all day.

And for some reason I feel stupid for not realising the connection between you and John Anthony. To confirm its you, did you get a mobile call immediately after John went of the ground with his injury (which thanks for letting us know it isn't serious)?

Has he always been a 'cool in a crisis' type player? Both he and Pendles never seem to be rushed.

I like that in a player as Shane Morwood was one of my faves when I was teenager, similar reason I like Maxwell.

(jesus, now I sound like a nerdy stalker fan)
JAJH Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:28 am

WKB wrote:

Thanks for that JAJH. I swear you are like "where's wally". I put my family on to your site with all your pictures on them saying how good they were. So each week we try and spot you around the boundary lines to see if we can put a face to the bloke who takes the pictures. But I think we found you.

For most of the second half I think you were standing next to us, we would have been on your left. Me (fat bloke with beard) my mum, sisters friend, sister and 2 year old niece running around all day.

And for some reason I feel stupid for not realising the connection between you and John Anthony. To confirm its you, did you get a mobile call immediately after John went of the ground with his injury (which thanks for letting us know it isn't serious)?

Yes, that was me and I do remember you, the very vocal chap, LOL. It's always hard for me at the footy not to get excited when young John plays well, because all you want to do is tell people around you, "That's my boy!". But nice to catch up, don't be afraid to say hello next time.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:11 pm

JAJH wrote:
Young John stood on a sprinkler head and pushed onbe of his boot stops into his foot and hit a nerve. It just gave him a strange sensation, so nothing to worry about.

You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that.

He was a star yesterday and if it weren’t for the stella performances of Scott and Dale we would have Jack up on that pedestal instead. He should enjoy the weeks rest. I guess is a good thing that the spotlight has been taken off young Jack to give him time to grow his confidence without too much pressure.

On another note, I was a little dissappointed that Stanners was relegated under the 12/10. He has been very solid also. However, that begs the question, who would have dropped instead....Eegs?

JAJH Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:58 pm

die4pies wrote:
JAJH wrote:
Young John stood on a sprinkler head and pushed onbe of his boot stops into his foot and hit a nerve. It just gave him a strange sensation, so nothing to worry about.

You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that.

He was a star yesterday and if it weren’t for the stella performances of Scott and Dale we would have Jack up on that pedestal instead. He should enjoy the weeks rest. I guess is a good thing that the spotlight has been taken off young Jack to give him time to grow his confidence without too much pressure.

On another note, I was a little dissappointed that Stanners was relegated under the 12/10. He has been very solid also. However, that begs the question, who would have dropped instead....Eegs?

I was a little puzzled why Stanners was dropped too. John seems to be settling in now at Willy. His form last year was almost the same coming from Junior footy to TAC, it took a little while to adjust, but he certainly looks a bit more comfortable and confident each week, so hopefully won't be too long before we see him make his debut in the seniors.
WKB 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:01 pm

Quote:
Yes, that was me and I do remember you, the very vocal chap, LOL

LOL that is the most pleasent way my football demeanour has ever been described. Previously I've heard "your a loudmouth idiot" "I wish you'd shut up for 5 seconds" "Shut up they're are not listening to you" and the most disheartening "I"m embarrassed to be your mother" which no kid wants to hear LOL.
JAJH Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:10 pm

WKB wrote:

"I"m embarrassed to be your mother" which no kid wants to hear LOL.

The problem with that one is when you are 35 and she still says it!!
daicos from the boundry 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:21 pm

Great work wkb on the match report.Listen to bits and peices on radio and Schwarz was a big wrap for your boy JAJH.Words like (this boy is a very very good player)Wouldnt be to disappointed if he doesnt get a run in the seniors to soon its a long year and the position he plays another preseason wouldnt do him any harm to bulk up.Went to training a couple of times a he looks similar to the Kellaways for richmond but hes got better skills.Good to see a supportive father to keep the dream alive.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: