Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Heard it from the horses mouth

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpie.girl 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 4:22 am
Post subject: Heard it from the horses mouthReply with quote

After the game yeaterday, I was in the MCC bar and got talking to a Richscum mid-fielder who was slightly pissed. Asked him about Gaspar, and he told me he is as good as gone. Reckons he wants to stay but the offer from Freo is about $200,000 more a year than Richscum can offer. Has alot to do with the contracts that Daffy, Richo and Knights are on. Also, they want to resign Campbell, so the money is just not there.

He also reckons Ray Hall is asking for a fortune to re-sign, and the club is not prepared to pay, and have told him he wont be at Richscum next year unless he drops his demands by about half.

Matt Rogers is being used as trade bait to try and get some quick midfielders, and they are talking with Freo about Black.

He also reckons that Richo got the Sh*t ripped out of him by Spud and the board because of his performance in the finals, and his attitude to his teammates when things aren't going well. If he does the same again next year they are going to p*ss him off. Last chance for Richo. His comment was that their is not great moral there at the moment, and most of it stems around Richo. He said, and I quote, "I hope they piss the F*ckwit off, he sh*its me no end"

He also told me that MM wants to trade Bucks, because MM reckons they will get a couple of quality players for him, along with draft choices, and we actually went down the track of finding out what we could get, but McGuire told MM he wont be traded as he is more value to Collingwood off the field as on. Apparently, MM is unhappy with Bucks thinking he can play outside the team rules and that is one of the reasons MM wants to let him go.

Hope that is not true, and if it is, and he is playing outside team rules, then he either comes back into line or he must go.

Pies R Us

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 5:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have left the last paragraph out Magpie.girl it ruined the veracity of your whole post. I was almost willing to believe the Richmond stuff until you added the bit about Bucks.

Who is this bloke who thinks he knows what's going on in Mick's mind, a big noter, no less - you'll find lots of them in the pub and strangely enough they're usually half-pissed. And why are his opinions worth repeating? I think he did a good con job on you.

Bucks is our Captain, he will probably win the Copeland this year (my opinion), his total possessions for the season almost doubled anyone elses, he has the highest work ethic of any footballer currently playing and his skills are unmatched. Do you really believe that Mick Malthouse would be wanting to trade him? He is untradeable because there is nothing out there that could compensate for his loss. Both Mick and the Club would be laughing stocks if it was even considered.

My opinion of Mick is higher than yours, obviously.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 6:01 am

Mike, I share you cynicism about second hand players drunken rambling’s but I have heard similar things re Richo.and Gaspar is gone as of today. Nothing is certain until the contracts are signed and these things can change quickly. I don’t really care about Richmond though, as long as we don’t entertain the idea of signing Richo or Daffey. Gaspar on the other hand would be perfect for us and I wouldn’t complain if we matched Freeo’s offer and did a deal with Richmond.

Does anyone think we should go for Gaspar and pay his asking price?

As for Buck’s – noone is untouchable. It would be an amazing turn of events if Eddie’s franchise player were top be traded but nothing is impossible I am sceptical too. I just hope all the rumours about Buck’s and his unpopularity are just that. If they are he will be there for the rest of his career I think.

Magpie.girl 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 11:30 am

Mike, I too was cynical when talking to [I don't think we'll name him mg - Mike] (there, I've named him), but there has been speculation regarding Bucks and the younger players, and there has been incidents this year between MM and Bucks that can't be ignored.

Is Bucks so untouchable that we would keep him inspite of the opportunity to advance the teams chances of playing in a GF.
We have already proven that one player, no matter how good, can get you into the finals. If that were true, we would have been constant finalists over the last 7 years.

Would you have thought that Gaspar, Richscums vice captain, just coming off a prelim appearance would walk out on his club? Well, its about to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I would be devestated if Bucks was to go, but this is a team sport, and I barrack for the mighty pies, who just happen to have Bucks playing for them. There isn't a player on our list, or has there ever been that I wouldn't let go if it meant we were stronger, more competitive, and winning flags, because that is what it all about.

Pies R Us

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 30 September 2001).]

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 11:40 am

You may find that he was 'stirring the pot' in regards to Bucks.

JDF
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 12:09 pm

I'm not doubting you Magpie girl, and I'm sorry if my reply was a bit strong, but my limited knowlege of Mick Malthouse tells me that we only know what he's thinking if he wants us to. He plays very close to his chest. To find out that a player from another team claims to know Mick's thoughts on his own players, especially when it's such a controversial opinion, is unbelievable.

I've deleted the reference to his name because I think he may regret his openness.

ed healey 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2001 3:19 pm

word in perth today is that richmond have signed gaspar and will announce it tomorrow.
The money is coming from scrapping broderick,daffy and knights.

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 3:50 am

re: the Richmond players opinions of Matthew Richardson

I totally believe what you're saying magpie.girl. I was present for the Richmond players "wake" last sunday, and the players continually booed Richo whenever he opened his mouth and the younger players kept yelling at him to f#@k off. They showed him no respect (nor should they, the way he treats them on the field!)

However I find it difficult to believe that an opposition player would know what Mick's plans are regarding Nathan Buckley - I doubt many of our own players would even know that.

Cyclops 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 4:42 am

Rumours rumours rumours. When Tarrant nearly left us and there were rumours of a players revolt, Malthouse and Eddie backed Bucks to the hilt. A lot of this stems from the sad "knocking" syndrome in footy-have a go at anyone who stands out a bit.

Just a footnote, sometimes people refer to the "tall poppy" syndrome. The story of the tall poppies is not about knockers having a go at succesful people. It comes from Livy (History of Rome) and he adapted (stole) it from Herodotus, and its when a tyrant kills off leading citizens to safeguard his position. E.g.when Stalin got Trotsky (and the rest).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: