Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 3: Teams, scores, match reports, etc.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WKB 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

things that offend you are always on the internet this I know. People having different opinions to me, god I hope there are as mine can be one-eyed at best and deluded at worst.

But when we are all seemingly going for the same team you don't expect to come on here and get spoken down to. The point could have easily got across with a line like "Oh I thought he didn't go to bad, I guess you guys may not have known he did his thumb so could have been a reason he went so poorly in the first quarter."

Same result different tone.

I've been coming on here a few years and whilst I can't remember every post I don't recall ever speaking down to anyone, and this despite the fact I know me and other people have had a million different opinions on games and players.

Cannibal I know has been on here awhile and nothing in his posts would show he'd talk like down like that. Perhaps it I read it wrong due to the fact that I have a 4000 word literature review due tomorrow for my honours class which I'm struggling with, maybe its the fact I'm 30 years old and I thought I was being spoken to like a child.

If I'd been on here forever and constantly demanded that people listen to my opinions and nobody else's I would take it but I like to think I respect others and kind of live in hope its a two way street.

Overall I have no issue with you Andru704 (despite being on here 10 minutes and giving a spray to someone who has had a few more years on here than you LOL) and I certainly don't think I have an issue overall with Cannibal. Just thought the tone of the comment needed clarifying.

Dale, I'm trying to live in your shadow buddy. Your reviews were top class, plus you have a lot of years on me in terms of being a Williamstown Supporter. I have 3 years before the Collingwood affiliation when a family friend played for the club.

I love going to watch Williamstown not only for the Collingwood boys. Always interested in the VFL only players at the club. I"m an unashamed Seagulls fan now and proudly wear the colours on match day. And I enjoy coming on here and giving my thoughts on how things went.

Quote:
OK, call me what you like dude (water off a duck's back )but Tex WILL be an AFL player. There you go, you heard me say it

Despite what I thought of his game on the weekend, as long as he is at Collingwood I hope you are 100% right.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:29 pm

Tex?

First game back after a long spell was? Aints.
First opponent? Nick Riewoldt

Thanks for the confidence boost MM.

Persistant injury problems and just when he finally got a decent game for the Gull's magoos under his belt, then BANG, out pops the old thumb in the first quarter and he is down the Hosp getting it put back in.

Give the kid a break.
He is a great bloke and does not deserve the crap he gets.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:01 pm

die4pies wrote:
Tex?

First game back after a long spell was? Aints.
First opponent? Nick Riewoldt

Thanks for the confidence boost MM.

Persistant injury problems and just when he finally got a decent game for the Gull's magoos under his belt, then BANG, out pops the old thumb in the first quarter and he is down the Hosp getting it put back in.

Give the kid a break.
He is a great bloke and does not deserve the crap he gets.

Hear hear!!

The crap Tex gets here is starting to give me the bloody shits Evil or Very Mad Geez we act more like Richmond fans each year Mad Giove the kid a go Rolling Eyes
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:28 pm

WKB wrote:
Quote:
One wonders what game you two were actually watching.

I hope I have read this wrong but there is a touch of smarminess about it that i'll neither expect to give and CERTAINLY won't take.

If I have mis-read this than I unreservedly apologise.

It irked me last night but seeing it again today I just need to have clarification behind the intent of that comment.

Mate, no smarminess nor talking down was intended and if it sounded like that to you, then I'm equally happy to apologise for making that inference.

WKB wrote:
But if not I'd like to see you get down to every Williamstown game, rain, hail or shine before you start making calls on other peoples opinions from a game you watched on tv.

Because driving to Williamstown, Werribee, Springvale (when it was there), Dandenong (when the scorpions played there), Port Melbourne, Nth Ballarat, Box Hill, Coburg, Preston, Sandringham, Frankston and I've been up to Bendigo on all but one game we have played there. I'm not sure I have to be spoken to like that when I have gone to these games and then come on here and given my opinion on the game. Not gospel, not the ultimate answers, not the exact final statistical results but my opinion.

I've never watched a Williamstown game live and have depended on people who have been there posting their views in this forum. Your opinions, like those of Dale, have been much appreciated.

Unfortunately, since I live a good distance out of Melbourne and commute there (by train) every day, it's virtually impossible to get to Willi games. In fact, it's becoming increasingly difficult to maintain the enthusiasm to drive down nearly every weekend to watch Collingwood. One tends to get a tad buggered after five days of commuting!

It's a shame that we no longer get to watch the Reserves in curtain-raisers. I used to get down to Victoria Park early, especially to watch the Reserves, so I could keep an eye on the kids coming up through the ranks from the U19's (I am, as you'll no doubt realise from that statement, a lot older than you are - old enough to be your old man, actually!). You have my admiration for following Willi around all over the place.

The reason I made that post in the first place was because I am, as you'll equally realise, a Tex supporter and I thought it damned unfair that he was copping a blast when he wasn't even playing. He's young, he's big but it may be another year or two before he can crack it for a permanent place in the seniors. There are established blokes ahead of him in the key positions at both ends of the ground. IMO (and not just my own either), the kid has talent; he now needs to grab an opportunity to show it.

With Wakes coming to the end of his career, and likely to retire at the end of this year, his chance is coming. I'm happy to see what happens through the rest of this year. Wakes has not been playing well recently and, if that "form" continues, he'll be down at Willi for a while starting quite soon, so Tex may get that opportunity sooner than we realise. I think we need to wait to see what happens before we make any final judgements about the bloke.

Cheers,

Ed

WKB 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:23 pm

Cannibal, I overreacted. Check your PM's.

Cheers.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:03 am

WKB,

Love your reports and keep em coming, don't worry about a little difference of opinion, they are like arseholes, everyones got one.
WKB 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:33 pm

I want to apologise to everyone. I'm pretty sure it was the fact I was struggling to get a reasonably important assignment done (and the fact I'd taken the whole day off from doing it to go see Williamstown and Melbourne Storm) that I COMPLETELY misread the post.

It was stupid of me to even think that it would be written they way I thought. I've PM'd Cannibal and thankfully he's accepted my apology so we can all go about the task of watching the Towners win the flag.

As for the misconception that some may have now about me and my inability to have people disagree with my opinions, I hope I can clear up any of those thoughts.

As I mentioned my opinions are one-eyed at best and deluded at worst so I pray to guide there are more sensible people with differing opinions.

Anyone who has had the pleasure (or dis-pleasure some might say) of seeing me at a game is that when I support a team I get pretty emotional and caught up in games and this warps my judgement at times.
okjoe 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:58 pm

I was pleased to see the kids going alright. Who do you think showed abit of something? Please don't forget these kids were only playing againgst other 17 & 18yrs olds last season & now have been thrown in with men. The tempo is a lot hotter & faster. I reckon it will take a while for them to adjust. They didn't disgrace themselves. They will be up & down for while.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:04 am

WKB wrote:
Quote:
One wonders what game you two were actually watching.

I hope I have read this wrong but there is a touch of smarminess about it that i'll neither expect to give and CERTAINLY won't take.

If I have mis-read this than I unreservedly apologise. But if not I'd like to see you get down to every Williamstown game, rain, hail or shine before you start making calls on other peoples opinions from a game you watched on tv.

It irked me last night but seeing it again today I just need to have clarification behind the intent of that comment.

Because driving to Williamstown, Werribee, Springvale (when it was there), Dandenong (when the scorpions played there), Port Melbourne, Nth Ballarat, Box Hill, Coburg, Preston, Sandringham, Frankston and I've been up to Bendigo on all but one game we have played there. I'm not sure I have to be spoken to like that when I have gone to these games and then come on here and given my opinion on the game. Not gospel, not the ultimate answers, not the exact final statistical results but my opinion. Actually I'm not sure I have to be spoken to like that by anybody.

Yes WKB, precious is right. come on, saying "One wonders what game you two were actually watching" is hardly insulting or offensive except in the mildest possible sense - falls more into the category of banter with a slight edge. Check this board out and you'll find people getting much worse than that and not complaining about it (but maybe giving a bit back).
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:07 am

without having seen the game, it might partly reflect how important DAvies is to the side, also they had Burnsy in the week before. I'm hoping Davies will get a run in the seniors this week, and Obrien will strengthen the Willi's admirably, or Thomas might need a break from AFL rigours.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: