Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 3: Teams, scores, match reports, etc.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Egan: Sorry to forgot mention him. He was one of the better players. A good game, right up there as one of our best.
WKB 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:09 am

it was certainly one of them days.

Arguably one of the worst games I've seen Willy involved in and I've gone and watched them get done by a hell of a lot more than that.

I've had few hours to ponder and gone and seen the Melbourne Storm win so my spirits are up, because had I posted straight after the game there couldn't have been one positive I would have noted.

There seem to be a complete lack of teamwork, I may be wrong but a lot of "Geez I should get down there or to a contest or pick someone up but I'll rely on my teammate to do it" Unfortunately when the whole team is thinking that nothing actually gets done.

I"m hoping it was an off day because the last two weeks the one thing that has been a stand out has been the fight in the players and the across the board contributions from the whole 22.

Our chasing and picking up when we didn't have the ball was awful, no if and or buts about that as Bullants had way to many lose options to go when they had it.

When we did have it our kicking was completely off the boil and when our forwards did find some space to run into (which was difficult at times with the numbers Preston had back) we would shank a kick and give it straight back to them.

But I'm praying today was an exception as opposed to a rule in regards to how we are going to perform this season. Though we are better than that so I'm putting it down to an off day.

The highlight obviously was the return of Rhyce Shaw. One thing that pleased me was that the knee injury hasn't seemed to slow shawy down (nor made his voice any softer, if the players claim they can't hear his instructions on the ground they are clinically deaf. Heath has a similar booming voice)

Its hard to go through each player as it was just a bad day all round.

Cook showed signs as did Stanley.

I like John Anthony but it was hard for him today

Pendles didn't have as much influence but it is true the times he did get it he seemed to find room where there was none.

yakka ok

Egan ok

Fanning - not one of his better games but it is unfair to judge him on that as he has been good this year (along with a lot of other players at Williamstown)

Tex - oh texy texy texy, what ever shall we do. I keep wanting to give you the benefit of the doubt and I keep telling myself that big blokes take longer etc. I told myself you've only played a couple of games in the ressies since coming back from injury so first full senior game today. The problem dear Tex is that you continue! to make the same stupid errors, you don't have a football brain and thats honesty as opposed to having a go (kind of) What you do have is this massive frame that could knock blokes over and win you many contests but for some reason (and I hope you haven't been told not to) you don't seem to want to use it. Now for a player like me, who (though I've stacked on a few kilo's now) was a skinny kid of 16 when I first played senior footy, my dream was to able to have the physique to run into contests with the confidence that I was going to win 90% of them. Now you have that build I dreamt of having and yet you still hit contests like you were built like me at 16, which was the veritable Mr Puniverse. You're big, use it!!!

J.Cloke - finished well but was outmarked and turned by bloody Digby Morrell on more than one occasion. I'm the worse footballer to ever pull on a boot, bar none, but I know I could at least beat or come out even in a contest with Digby Morrell. It is that aspect of his game that still worries me. Great lose, still not great having to man up. But did finish strongly. Where does he fit into out defence at the moment? Nowhere sadly. And with the emergence of the likes of a John Anthony where does he fit in the future? The eternal question really. I like the kid as he is a good honest footballer but...
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:18 am

Thanks for that WKB - a question - who is in line for a promotion to the seniors next week (off the back of that effort)?
rooter 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:21 am

My highlight was the 20 minutes in the first quarter I didn't have to watch cause the abc's generator blew up.
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:16 pm
Post subject: Re: Match highlightsReply with quote

perthmagpie wrote:
I watched it on ABC.

Unsighted:

Walker: did nothing worth remembering. Totally out of confidence.

WKB wrote:
Arguably one of the worst games I've seen Willy involved in and I've gone and watched them get done by a hell of a lot more than that.

Tex - oh texy texy texy, what ever shall we do. I keep wanting to give you the benefit of the doubt and I keep telling myself that big blokes take longer etc. I told myself you've only played a couple of games in the ressies since coming back from injury so first full senior game today. The problem dear Tex is that you continue! to make the same stupid errors, you don't have a football brain and thats honesty as opposed to having a go (kind of) What you do have is this massive frame that could knock blokes over and win you many contests but for some reason (and I hope you haven't been told not to) you don't seem to want to use it. Now for a player like me, who (though I've stacked on a few kilo's now) was a skinny kid of 16 when I first played senior footy, my dream was to able to have the physique to run into contests with the confidence that I was going to win 90% of them. Now you have that build I dreamt of having and yet you still hit contests like you were built like me at 16, which was the veritable Mr Puniverse. You're big, use it!!!

One wonders what game you two were actually watching. I watched the game on the ABC and couldn't see Tex anywhere. I just found out why:

Quote:
COLLINGWOOD'S Rhyce Shaw made a sparkling comeback from a knee reconstruction for Williamstown in yesterday's VFL match against the Northern Bullants.

But it wasn't all good news for the Pies as Carlton's feeder club, the Bullants, won by 38 points at Cramer St.

Williamstown also lost Collingwood defender Tristen Walker with a dislocated left thumb in the first quarter.

Walker, lining up for his first VFL game of the season after a lingering ankle injury, went to Coburg's John Fawkner Hospital.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,18900104%255E19895,00.html

It's a tad difficult for the bloke to put in a BOG performance if he's sitting in the nearby hospital, eh?

WKB 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:42 pm

Quote:
It's a tad difficult for the bloke to put in a BOG performance if he's sitting in the nearby hospital, eh?

Well isn't it a blight on him the fact that he only played a quarter of footy and all we can remember is how incredibly poor he was in every aspect of the game. He was defender and he was beaten on the lead, when he got he never had a clue what to do with it, turns slower than the titanic and can't kick to save his life.

I make no apologies for my assessment of Tristan Walker, even if he only played the one quarter. Which I knew he did, never knew about the thumb I just assumed Gotchy made a good choice and didn't bring him back on. Believe me there wasn't one Collingwood or Williamstown supporter at the ground, and I happened to be at the game so you do tend to see more than what is on television in terms of players off the ball work, (who didn't know about his thumb) who was crying out for Tex to be brought back onto the field.

And I think I can speak for most that we didn't expect Tex to be BOG but we would like him to do something that resembles anything to do with footy on more than 2 occasions a season.

If you are not a smart footballer but are as bloody big as he is, run at the ball and you are going to be hard to stop but alas he prefers to stand off the contest with the impression that once the opposition gets the ball he'll be able to catch them.

Tex is on the Collingwood list, as a result I want nothing more than for him to improve out of sight and get to a position where he gets BOG's for the Pies. But since he's been at the club and watching him with the Pies and I don't miss many Williamstown games either, he hasn't seemed to improve.

Last edited by WKB on Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:15 pm
Post subject: ....Reply with quote

I've come to conclude that if someone tries to tell me that Walker or Hall will be AFL players, they have no idea about the game.
WKB 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:46 pm

Quote:
One wonders what game you two were actually watching.

I hope I have read this wrong but there is a touch of smarminess about it that i'll neither expect to give and CERTAINLY won't take.

If I have mis-read this than I unreservedly apologise. But if not I'd like to see you get down to every Williamstown game, rain, hail or shine before you start making calls on other peoples opinions from a game you watched on tv.

It irked me last night but seeing it again today I just need to have clarification behind the intent of that comment.

Because driving to Williamstown, Werribee, Springvale (when it was there), Dandenong (when the scorpions played there), Port Melbourne, Nth Ballarat, Box Hill, Coburg, Preston, Sandringham, Frankston and I've been up to Bendigo on all but one game we have played there. I'm not sure I have to be spoken to like that when I have gone to these games and then come on here and given my opinion on the game. Not gospel, not the ultimate answers, not the exact final statistical results but my opinion. Actually I'm not sure I have to be spoken to like that by anybody.
andru704 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:13 pm

man, that's great and all, but i think you're getting a bit precious. If you don't want to see or hear anything that even mildly offends you then get off the internet.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:29 pm
Post subject: Re: ....Reply with quote

Daniel wrote:
I've come to conclude that if someone tries to tell me that Walker or Hall will be AFL players, they have no idea about the game.

OK, call me what you like dude (water off a duck's back Razz )but Tex WILL be an AFL player. There you go, you heard me say it Twisted Evil
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:46 pm

WKB, now that I no longer go to the games, it is your reports that I look forward to as I know that you can give an honest assessment of a players effort not only on a game-by-game basis, but over the whole season.

Forget about smart arse comments, especially from anyone who has been a member of Nicks for less than 24 hours. I bet andru704 would be the first to bitch and whinge if anyone were to ever shit can him and/or his comments. I can't wait to see what gems he comes up with.
andru704 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:40 pm

oh, stop picking on me Dale61. I've been to every pies match ever, and to some that haven't even been played yet (Collingwood win anzac day by 47 points). I cut oranges for the boys every week and give them sexual favours so that they can relax. You don't have a right to call me names Mr Dale cos I've been a member of Nick's for 5000 years now.

Come on guys, lighten up.
andru704 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:45 pm

Sorry, got a bit fired up there. I don't actually want to piss everyone off. Peace?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:14 pm

It was a pretty ordinary performance by the team, but I thought Jason Cloke played really well. He must have had over 20 possessions and about 10 marks at full back. He probably won't get an immediate recall to the seniors, given the good form of our current defenders, but at least he's giving his all down at Willi. If Wakes or Presti get injured, he's ready to step up in to a key defensive role.

Rhyce will be back in the seniors in 3 or 4 weeks. He's really bulked up, which is great, because he looks a lot stronger but doesn't seem to have lost any pace.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:16 pm
Post subject: Apologies to TexReply with quote

iI didn't realise Tex went off injured after the first quarter. Saw him the first qtr let his opponent take a couple of marks, make a couple of mistakes and not much else. I figured too he was taken off. Commentators made not mention of an injury.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: