Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Movie Classifications

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:58 pm
Post subject: Movie ClassificationsReply with quote

You know those little warnings that the people put on the movies? for example M: Low Level Coarse Language or MA: Medium Level Violence....
well slowly they've started to get really weird. The other day I saw an ad for Ice Age 2, rated PG: "Mild Sense of Menace". WTF? Mild sense of menace? Surely someone's taking the piss. "Supernatural Themes" is another good one, and it seems pretty common. I never did undrestand it though..... Ingmar Bergman's classic Cries and Whispers is rated M: "Brief Incidental Nudity". So it seems they've thrown out a basic ratings system and replaced it with one that's really descriptive. So the point of this thread is, if anyone has seen any other weird ones, they should post it here, just because it might be interesting. Or it might not. Night.

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, the OFLC are really getting wierd.

The worst thing they have done is the new ratings logos, the big chunky, brightly coloured logos that are slapped on the front, side and back of DVDs and CDs. They're bloody horrible.

I work in DVD Retail and I can tell you that everyone is unhappy with them, retailers, distributors and consumers all.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:54 am

There should be another classification:

II : meaning "an Insult to your Intelligence". With subcomments like "gratuitous use of bimbinal valley-speak".
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:58 pm

Like, totally ohmigosh gag me with a spoon... fer sure!

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:32 pm

Dark Lord wrote:

The worst thing they have done is the new ratings logos, the big chunky, brightly coloured logos that are slapped on the front, side and back of DVDs and CDs. They're bloody horrible.

I work in DVD Retail and I can tell you that everyone is unhappy with them, retailers, distributors and consumers all.

Yeah I've noticed those too. What was the reason for it, at least that you are aware of? BTW what's the OFLC cos I'm stupid Laughing Alf I agree with your suggestion, and I reckon that II rating could apply to a lot of films out in the cinema at the moment Evil or Very Mad

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:17 pm

David from Canberra wrote:
Dark Lord wrote:

Yeah I've noticed those too. What was the reason for it, at least that you are aware of? BTW what's the OFLC cos I'm stupid Laughing Alf I agree with your suggestion, and I reckon that II rating could apply to a lot of films out in the cinema at the moment Evil or Very Mad

The Office of Film and Literature Classification.

The reason? Who knows. I suppose they wanted people to take notice of the Rating, to make them more visible. They're a bloody eyesore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: