Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Players named on forum

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The internet is not the free world. You are dreaming.

It will be contempt of court if the mods don't remove it pretty quickly.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:29 pm

AFAIK, it's something THEY agreed to do as a group.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:31 pm

Mags wrote:
Governments Controlling the masses via the Internet. Now the AFL and AFLPA are trying to play god like our governments in this world do.

It is confidential. Simple. Deal with it.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:31 pm

Cam wrote:
Two bongs don't make a right though rudeboy.

Laughing Please add to "Cam's Classic Cwotes" (in bookstores soon)
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:32 pm

Fox Footy acts after call clanger
Email Print Normal font Large font By Geoff McClure
The Age: April 6, 2006
SPORTING LIFE
http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/fox-footy-acts-after-call-clanger/2006/04/05/1143916592438.html

TALKBACK radio has its 11-second delay and although such a device is rarely, if ever, used on television, given the events of last weekend, on Fox Footy's Saturday Central program, that might soon change. The Jason Dunstall, Wayne Carey-hosted show is one of several the pay-TV channel does live to air, and while such programming can be seat-of-the-pants stuff at the best of times, it wasn't bargaining on a glitch such as this.

Late in the show a caller rang through and without warning to anyone, its producers or comperes, in the course of his question to the panel named a footballer who he believed is one of the three who have twice tested positive to illicit drugs. Dunstall and Carey at first ignored the remark but the station immediately went into damage control and the end of the show was extended by a few minutes as Dunstall read from a script prepared by Fox Footy boss Sean Riley, who just happened to be in the studio at the time, saying the station regretted the remark had been made and warned future callers about raising such delicate matters on air.

And while there was little Fox Footy could have done to prevent what took place last weekend, it is already looking at ways of avoiding a repeat. Not only has the talkback segment been axed from this weekend's Saturday Central edition, but callers who now ring its weekday evening program Whiteline Fever are warned about making inappropriate remarks and are also required to give their name and telephone number. What's more, we believe the station is looking at ways of implementing a delay device, similar to radio's, which hopefully would put a stop to it altogether.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:33 pm

It is contempt of court if the mods fail to remove it quickly enough. It would be the mods who would be in contempt of court, as well as the poster (I'm not sure of the legalities of living overseas and posting it).
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:40 pm

Mags wrote:

For how long now?

It's only a matter of time.

I won't deal with it. The Greys in our society are trying to cover up shit and control things yet again via the internet. And I believe that is wrong and Im allowed to believe that Smile

Until they do it again, and the names a released. If the injuction is lifted, it might be a different story. Will you feel big and righteous if you post the names?
johncitizen Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:47 pm

Mags wrote:
There is a few poppers down at Collingwood... It doesn't take an genius to work out who the poppers are down at the club.

Mags their are plenty of drug related websites for you to amuse yourself. We are here to watch CFC players play football, not spy into their private lives ! Shocked
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:50 pm

Mags wrote:
No... Cause you must be a totally fool by now to not be able to work out the names if people can not by now.

And if you do know the names your either a moderator of an AFL Forum and have been put on notice from other forums and been instructed what to remove and what is acceptable or you have some brains about you to work it out.

Nothing is really acceptable when making allegations based on not much at all. I know the names, only because I received an email from someone stating them. I'm not a mod. It is an email doing the rounds. I won't be passing it on.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:53 pm

You might remember Mags that Joe Gutnick sued Dow Jones in the US under Australian defamation laws for something that was published in the US and hosted on US servers.
KYPREO Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:53 pm

Mags wrote:
How is it a contempt of court if the information has come out of Swedish IP server on another website or something? That isn't even if its Australian Hosted.

Im sure its not contempt of court then.

Don't be sure. There are cases and whole journal articles dedicated to this issue. Jurisdiction is highly complex and there are ways of getting foreign hosted websites within your jurisdiction. It's not a matter you can be "sure" about unless you got some pretty competent advice to that effect.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:34 pm

Look, we all know the names, and i dont think it takes much brain power to work out where to find them if you dont.

THIS TOPIC SHOULD BE LOCKED.

raymond35 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:52 pm

I'd love to be at the games that the 3 guys in question play this year. Especially the "high profile " bloke. Monty Burns would say "the crowd is having a field day".
hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:55 pm

Mags wrote:
If society was more open-minded about drug use and not so ****** thickheaded... We wouldn't be having this shit all over forums now and everybody would still be happy as larry popping there pills and smoking there choof.

State the positives of recreational drug use.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:29 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I don't care who the players are. The whole thing is a joke. I don't care if players have an occassional bong on the weekend, it's their business and nobody elses. Let's face it, the biggest drug problem in sport, and in society generally, is not dope, ecstacy or cocaine, but alcahol. Remember, it caused the death of the great Darren Millane. But because of all the money from sponsors, the AFL doesn't want to know about it. The AFL should only be testing for performance enhancing drugs, because that's cheating. Anyone found cheating should be named and suspended for 1-2 years.

Excellent post.. the drinking culture ' in the AFL is disgusting and i agree it would be nice to see something done about it , however your comments re drugs are ignorant, long use bonging damages the brain, cocaine is an evil and addictive drug much the same as ectasy, they destroy families , kill people, and the flow on effects cost the community millions of dollars.

Hey Joffe, I think you misunderstood my point. I'm not saying that illicit drugs are not harmful. Of course they are, and anyone who dabbles in their use is taking a big risk with their lives. Nevertheless, what individuals do in their own spare time (even if it is harmful) should be their business and nobody elses. It just gets me angry when I hear a lot of sanctimonious bulls..t about the evil of drugs in sport, when alcahol is by far the most dangerous and damaging. Also, I don't believe the AFL should have the right to drug test people for anything other than performance enhancing drugs.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: