Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

May the St Kevin's Old Boys FAIL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 4:02 am
Post subject: May the St Kevin's Old Boys FAILReply with quote

RCT,

As an old boy of the mighty Marcellin College, just thought I'd wish you the worst of luck for this Sunday's VAFA 'A' grade Grand Final (for those unaware it's Marcellin vs Skevvies).

The school that produced one of Collingwood's finest captains (Gavin Brown) and the Full-back of the century (Silvagni) as well as a host of current and former AFL players (inc. Dimma) will ensure that the Grand Old Flag flying this Sunday will be this one:

Broadie
ed healey 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 4:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

now dont go making rohan sook.
as an old st bernadadian(is that the word).
I now declare it the fat rats clacker cup,and hope for a nil all draw and marcellin win in extra time.
Not being up with victorian footy these days ,are assumption college in the vafa?
they were unbeatable in my day,just ask peter pious keenan he will tell you too.

Legga 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 6:57 am

I was unlucky enough to organise and host a presentation night for Old Whiskey, and if these blokes are a true indication of the personality and attitude of the past students of private schools, then RCT better hope I never run into him, 'cause this old tech boy will show him why lifting weights and fighting at a young age beats an education everytime.

Might see him in the MCC members, as I became one through sporting achievement, RCT had his bestowed. Then we might have the chance to discuss his views on Eddie and the rest of the organisation he is sooooo eager to can.

Hey RCT, can ya mudder sew?

Broadie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 7:33 am

Ah, you confuse us Micks with the Private school mob, do ya?

Skevvies are Christian Brothers & Marcellin are Marist Brothers' run - no silver spoons in that mob (but a fair bit of new money in certain quarters).

Broadie
daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 9:55 am

Don't count on it being so easy Broadie, us Skevs will be there in force. The SKOBS will also play for the death of an Old Boy, so they will be inspired. It should be a cracker of a match. Are you going to go? I will be there, with every other student, staff member, old boys to cheer Skevs to victory.

If anyone wants an indication of how nasty some private school students can be, i've got two words - Chris Scott. ANd then there's me................

daicos4ever

2002 - The Year of the Pie
Broadie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 9:59 am

Sorry to hear of the Skevvie's loss of a community member.

Unfortunately I won't be there - my wife has to work leaving me with a 1 and a 3 year old to look after. It's a fair trip from my place and the worst time of day for the young 'uns.

BUT I know a sizeable contigent will be there for the Mighty Eagles' first "A" section Grand Final.

Broadie
Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 12:30 pm

A couple of points.

St Kevin's is like none of the schools that you said Legga. In the APS schools, St Kevin's is much like the Collingwood of the AFL. Very unpretentious unlike your "born to rule" schools like Scotch College and Melbourne Grammar.

Ed,

Assumption has a team in D grade. They merged with Ivanhoe districts (were the Coliers came from) but have failed to recruit many players. It is ironic that a large number of Assumption old boys play for St Kevin's now.

Brodie,

Marcellin may be the favorites but Skob have the finals experience. Marcellin have lost their gun full forward to injury and Skob will take advantage of this.

One of Collingwood's favorite sons in Phonse Kyne is a skob. Other AFL players currently playing from St Kevin's include Chris Scott, Brad Scott, Luke Penny, Simon Garlick, Ryan O'Keefe, Steven Powell and Luke Williams.

May the best team win.

(who died Daics? did it involve the WTC?)

In Skob We Trust

[This message has been edited by Rohan Coventry Tateson (edited 19 September 2001).]

Pies rock Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 3:04 pm

Rohan can u tell me what input 'Mighty' (said very sarcastically) Mick Knuppel has had on the side this year, just curious.

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 3:29 pm

Mick Knuppel was the reserves coach. He is from Mazenod I think.

Interesting to note Mazenod's senior coach is David Murray. A Skob and a current teacher at St Kevin's.

In Skob We Trust

Pies rock Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 3:33 pm

That's all true what u said. Knuppel told us all he played a few games for Fitzroy, not sure though. Is Knuppel still at St Kevins, Rohan and what do u think of him? Self promotion is one of his specialties. Murray coached MOCFC to second last this year, deomoted again!

daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 5:18 pm

i can't say who it is exactly, just heard people talking about it a lot. They tend not to tell us these things. He was from the 80's or something, but very popular with some of the teachers. I don't think it was WTC.

daicos4ever

daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 5:19 pm

that wouldn't surprise me about Murray......

daicos4ever

Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 2:29 pm

Just thought you should all know the final scoreline:

Marcellin 16.7.103
SKOBs 9.19.73

...and the mighty Marists prevail!!!

RCT - hope your sources on this game aren't indicative of your Collingwood sources. I was tokd on Thursday night that Trigger would definitely play, but asked not to post anything, given that it may get back to your blokes (not that he made much difference - we certainly didn't miss him in the previous game)

"Keep your eye on the Maroon and Blue"

Broadie
ed healey 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 3:54 am

well done to marcellin.
My memory is fading a bit as it was in the 60s when i played for st bernards.
But what do you refer to as the snake pit?
And which school had an oval on the side of a hill and the ball if kicked hard enough would end up 50 ft below the goal posts,was it st bedes?
and marcellin,which suburb are they in?

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 1:59 pm

Ed,

St Bernard's oval is called the snake pit. Don't know why but it isn't the best oval in the VAFA.

Marcellin is in Bulleen near the Eastern Freeway.

I can't help with the St Bede's oval. They are in C grade (VAFA) and in the schools competition we don't play against them.

The catholic schools still play in a catholic league, but St Kevin's disbanded from that competition and play in the APS now.

In Skob We Trust

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: