Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sydney Magpies?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millane42 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 7:15 am
Post subject: Sydney Magpies?Reply with quote

I can't understand why there are magpies supporters groups all around australia (in tassie, WA, SA, Brisbane) but not in sydney which is the most populated city in oz. There are plenty of magpies supporters i'm sure of it.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 7:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure there are some but the fact is that most Sydneysiders couldn't give a fat rats about real footy. The Swans have some bandwagoners but they will jump off when the team slides.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 11:07 am

MarkT - I think that could be it.

JDF
PiesPremiers 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 3:43 pm

geez, that topic name scared the absolute crap outta me!

i thought u were going to tell us we had home games in sydney or something......lol....thank god, after all the shit we have been giving norf supporters about their home games in canberra/sydney.

Dan

ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 4:18 pm

I'm a Sydney magpie. And yes there are lots of people in Sydney who love footy. The younger troup, well they have had the swannies all their little (shallow) football lives.

As for us ppl who have been into footy longer than the swans have been in Sydney most of us have a melbourne based team that lies close to our heart. A team that you cry if they lose and party hard and rub it in other scum supporters noses when we win. For us Sydneysiders 99% of the time it ain't the swans unless you were unfortunate enough to support souf before they moved to sydney.

So if any Sydney Magpies want to get together for perhaps watching the GF of something??? lemme' know... either on the list or send a PM. I would love to find Sydney Magpies to have a good ol' Collingwood natter with. Swans lamers make me wanna' puke, they usually know nothing about footy and leave half way through the last quarter (totally against my religion as I am of Magpie faith.) Ok, Ok, some of them know something about footy... maybe I was pushing that part a bit far - but I have heard a lot of them still a mark a catch..... *tearing hair out*

Go Pies!

Carol

Don't ask yourself what the club needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what Collingwood needs right now is people who have come alive.
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 4:29 pm

Oh! Dan (PiesPremiers), haven't you heard Collingwood Football Club is moving to Sydney!!

LOL, only joking... you can't put away the ECG machine and start breathing again LOLOLOL

Go Western Sydney MagPies! LOL

Carol

Don't ask yourself what the club needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what Collingwood needs right now is people who have come alive.
Millane42 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 2:32 am

ck_nd maybe we should set up a sydney based magpies supporters club??

ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 7:02 pm

quote:
ck_nd maybe we should set up a sydney based magpies supporters club??

Sounds like a good idea to me Millane42. Check your private messages and let me know.

Go Pies!

Carol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: