Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Membership

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 1999 5:00 am
Post subject: MembershipReply with quote

Collingwood currently has 19,792 members (1,527 more than any other Victorian based club).
David West 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 1999 10:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great Nick and I applaud our supporters for exhibiting real support when it is really needed.How many other clubs could increase their membership so significantly with such a poor record over the last four years.Hail King Eddie perhaps.
However I believe that There is an untapped interstate market of potential members that is being ignored by the club.
After growing up in Melb. and moving through the stages of Season Ticket,cheer squad and membership I now live in the land of the Crow.I am now an ex -member because it is impossible for me to fully appreciate and use the members facilities and luxuries and feel that to pay full membership that I have no access to a burden.I would love to be able to say over here in Land of the Crow I am a member of Collingwood.There are many like me and surely the club could make an arrangement of reduced membership for us"interstaters" so that we can also support the club.I buy the mag. I get to about four matches a year but there could be more.In my small town alone there are ten or more 'Pie fanatics who would willingly pay a reduced membership fee so that they may be included in the numbers in our membership climb.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 1999 10:52 am

There is a country/interstate membership David. It is available for $140 plus $30 nomination fee (includes a 5 home game ticket and subscription to the magazine), or for $180 plus $30 (11 home game ticket). Normal full membership is $210 (11 home games) or $250 (11 home games + 5 away games).

I also haven't renewed memberships for either Nick or myself this year. The price of country membership membership rose from $85 with the addition of the 5 game ticket We rarely get to Melbourne and are consequently unable to take advantage of the ticket or the finals ticket guarantee.

I feel a strong sense of guilt over this, because I understand how important membership numbers are to the Club, but it's an expense that I just can't justify.

Perhaps a base membership that offers no privileges, other than voting, could be offered to interstate and international supporters at a much reduced rate. This would surely attract additional membership.
Michael 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 1999 3:16 pm

There is a contry/interstate season membership $55.00 which admits you to 5 home games and free membership with local supporter group etc. there is a S.A. collingwood group in adelaide. For details you can e-mail me at the_magpie_dude@hotmail.com as my mum is on the committee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: