Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Afghan Faces Death Penalty for Converting to Christianity

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Alf Andrews wrote:
Christians love their persecutors.

Christians pray for their persecutors.

yeah right... sure that's what Jesus said you're supposed to do but I don't think there's too many out there who have done that.

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:47 pm

Agree completely Dr Alf, the point I was trying to make was related to a thread that Dale61 took umbrage to and had locked and deleted. In said post it was said that islam does not punish its people for converting to Christianity, and I was trying to prove a point in showing it does.
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:40 pm

David from Canberra wrote:
religion is anything but the sole cause of war.
World War 2 had nothing to do with religion. It was about Hitler trying to enlarge his country's territory by invading other countries.
Vietnam War was about Communist North trying to "liberate" the south by taking over the place. The irony Wink
the Gulf war was about hmm lets see Saddam Hussein trying to conquer another country...
The Iraq war was about who knows what...
in all cases the governments who started these wars were secular, I doubt Saddam was all that interested in Islam.

Although I agree that religion is very dangerous, it makes people behave irrationally and/or against their better judgement because "God" is the one telling them what to do. Bazdaddy I think your logic is flawed though, just because mankind misuses religion so, does not mean that God does not exist. I think we've argued about this before though Razz
I must correct my self I mean in today's soceity, the Iraqi wars are not just to do with weapons of mass destrucion in the muslim world vs christianty, hitler hated Jews thats to do with religion, it's the cause of a lot of events, mostly negative.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:31 am

Religion as a whole will be what destroys our planet and we can all see that fundamentalists are part of all religions. There is no right or wrong here and my main view is how many more people need to die in the name of religion?
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:51 am

Religion doesnt kill people. People kill people.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:08 am

nuxta wrote:
Religion doesnt kill people. People kill people.

Sounds like the pro gun lobby slogan. Rolling Eyes

Religion fundamentalist promote hatred through their words etc, hence we have fundamentalists wishing to kill non believers etc. People are used as implements of death just like guns are used as an implement of death. The people who commit these crimes against humanity do get their guidance from their religious leaders.
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:19 am

Two short lines says alot.

Culprit wrote:
Religion as a whole will be what destroys our planet and we can all see that fundamentalists are part of all religions. There is no right or wrong here and my main view is how many more people need to die in the name of religion?

My order of World Destruction;

1/ GREED 2/ Political ignorance 3/ Religion 4/ Brisbane winning another flag.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:44 am

bazdaddy, Hitler hating the jews was a purely racial thing. He believed that there was one superior race and that everyone else should be dumped in siberia. There was already a lot of prejudice against Jews at the time, some people claimed that they hated Jews cos "they killed Jesus" (who was a Jew, dumbasses Wink ) but really they just hated them cos they did so well in business and banking and stuff. I was watching Battleship Potemkin the other day and the good guys (revolutionaries) yell at one point "kill all the jews!" lol.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:48 am

Really what did you see?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:49 am

HAL wrote:
Really what did you see?

xi = - (a1-a2)/(b1-b2) (C) yi = a1+b1*xi if (x1-xi)*(xi-x2)>=0 AND (u1-xi)*(xi-u2)>=0 AND (y1-yi)*(yi-y2)>=0 AND (v1-yi)*(yi-v2)>=0
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:51 pm

Religion didn't motivate the Russians under Stalin, nor the Chinese under Mao. Religion is just a tool that the Elite of a society or group use to convince the average person that their decisions and chosen fate are right. War is always self serving, and very rarely are powers-that-be dedicated to any religion, but instead they use its language and promises to create a front to mask their diabolical intentions. Blaming religion is just blaming the mask.

In Cronulla the Australians rioted because of themes like 'australia's future is islam', 'they're breeding quicker than we are', 'our kids will be prisoners'.

Substitute those things for 'Destroy the infidels/unbelievers/heretics', 'how can our race be pure', 'this holy land was given to us by our god'.

Most elite will use whatever their society will tolerate as a truth as a way to guarantee their time at the top. There is no difference in essence between a lying Prime Minister/President and a misleading Priest/Mullah/Ayotollah/Rabbi. Both leaders, the secular and the religious use their power the same way. Only the language is different. Some maybe more moderate, but all demand comittment to their cause.

The cause of all wars is FEAR. Real, invoked or provoked.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:31 pm

wait....
I wasn't aware of any Iraqis being killed just because they were muslims. Maybe I haven't been following the news lately...

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:41 pm

Its not a one sided view at all. You and Turkish Pie said in another now deleted post that you have never heard of such a thing as this happening and I was just helping you to gain a more balanced understanding by showing you that it does. You told me islam was peace loving and forgiving, sure seems like it. Your response........stiff
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:36 pm

magpie greg wrote:
The law in Afganistan is not condoned by Islam which recognises all the major holy books such as The Bible, and the Talmud and the Old Testament. That is an Afghani Law.

Well it is in fact Sharia Law which I believe is islamic law. That is so great islam recognises the bible, and the Talmud and the Old Testament, just as long as you dont read and follow them.

It would seem your own argument is vacuous at best.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:57 pm

yeah but Greg are they giving him a choice to "go back where he came from"? This guy is getting killed because he isn't assimilating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: