Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Heath Black

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 4:47 pm
Post subject: Heath BlackReply with quote

Great news,
i have heard that Heath was in Melbourne today, and apparently he wants to play under Malthouse!
If this happens, it would be good. He would compliment our mid-field perfectly. Bucks and Obie need some more help in the middle, this is were Heath comes in. He is a young gun.
Go for him Eddie!

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
pants42 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 5:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks .

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 5:16 pm

pants42...You cant be serious if you would knock back Heath Black. Heath Black is a classy midfielder, who kicks 50 metres with either foot. Heath would compliment our midfield.

Are you really a Collingwood supporter or someone having a joke ??

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
pants42 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 5:22 pm

JLC, never question my love since 1965 ,i would rather see chb ala billy picken or another enforcer kelly ,we have enough small blokes gotta get tough my regards to you JLC i enjoy your posting

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 5:28 pm

yep and guess wot...tonite my footy slut connection over in WA sent me a message "looks like u guys r gettin our Heathy boy" hmm maybe something they already know about over there and its yet to hit the news over here!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 5:42 pm

We already have Molloy and Rintoul as enforcers. From all reports Cloke goes real hard as well. I believe another skillful player to help improve our delivary to our forwards would be great. One of Essendons strengths is their skillful midfield and Brisbanes as well. You can never have too many skillful midfielders.

APA

pants42 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 5:45 pm

Spider ,nothing being going on here they are on the turps at the moment, i have enjoyed a couple of ales with the locals but there is bugger all to report shall keep informed if there is movement at the station cheers,

pants42 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 6:03 pm

JLC,i agree with you wholehartely, with regard to the midfield we lack blokes built like men,with weights this will come ,you still have not given credence to chb which as you know is important as such the spine, any ideas?rintoul has been a god send agree,consult the annuls of great sides you will see they had the best spine in the comp , cheers ,chf,full back ect,

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 6:57 pm

If we could snare Heath Black, we would be foolish not to take him.

The side is at least three players from becoming topside. In importance we need a key backman, a midfielder and a ruckman.

Part of the reason why we failed in the second half of the season was that O'Bree ran out of legs. Another midfielder to help ease the burden off Buckley and O'Bree is a must.

Maybe Didak can become the other midfielder but next year will be more a development year for him.

Black is a quality player. He has great foot skills (a major weakness of Collingwood evidenced by the fact we had the most clangers this year) and accumulates disposals.

He is also young (21) and will be a long term option as the team develops.

We would be stupid not to have a crack at him.

In Skob We Trust

pants42 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 7:30 pm

Rohan,go back to your posts of three months ago, you called for a chb, a ruckman of quality you were right then as now,lets get these posys filled, if you want another midfielder small you will pay the price i guarantee you, we need backbone not onballers my opinion only, cheers

[This message has been edited by pants42 (edited 16 September 2001).]
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 3:08 am

Well i believe Molloy could be used at Centre Half Back if required.

This may souind really stupic but if we get another ruckman we could use McKee at CHB for certain opponents. McKee would provide us with that extra tall defender when playing teams like Richmond.

APA

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 6:54 am

hehe ok Pants...maybe we should let u into our private footy sluts section of the page and u can share some Mad Monday stories from the West with us

Mag Rob 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 1:10 pm

Long time reader..... first time poster.

The Sunday Herald Sun confirmed the suggestion that Black may be wearing the black and white next year, reporting that he wants to return to Vic next year and that It is believed that the Pies have offered him a three year, $800,000 dollar deal to make it so. Heave-Ho is believed to have offered him a similar amount plus the vice captaincy.

This seems a pretty reasonable price for a ready-made midfielder. But I believe that the cost of luring him would only truly be clear once who we would have to trade to get him is exposed!!

Go Hard.... GO PIES!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 2:55 pm

I think we should go after Black. We need another midfielder.

If we pick him up, what is stopping us from picking up other players, other than the salary cap, which cane be overcome with some delistings.

JDF
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 3:41 am

I don't think we NEED another midfielder but we could USE another QUALITY midfielder. Black looks the goods so we should get him if we can and trade a few second string midfielders to improve the list overall. If we all but have him signed as has been suggested here and in the media (heard that before though) then we should turn our attentions to the No. priority - a ruckman.
Sign Black, improve a strength (midfield) and then work on our weakenesses (ruck and tall defender).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: