Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

EXAMINING THE LIST (JUST AN OPINION)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUCKS 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 10:31 am
Post subject: EXAMINING THE LIST (JUST AN OPINION)Reply with quote

KEEP

Buckley, Tarrant, Didak, Fraser, Lockyer, Rintoul, Freeborn, Prestigiacomo, Wakelin, Shaw, Adkins, Richards, McKee - Due to lack of Ruckmen, Clement, Licuria, L.Davis, N.Davis, Holland, Roach, Cloke, Scotland - Could be the missing link in our mid field, Lonie, Rocca, Molloy, Steinfort -Under rated player, O'Bree, Burns, Lane- Need Depth, Johnson, Kinnear, Hill.

LOOK TO MAYBE GO

Ukovic, Richardson, Betheras, Tuckey- Only for a good trade, Dimattina, Wasley- Just needs to start fresh at a new club.

GONE

Stone, Baynes

[This message has been edited by BUCKS (edited 17 September 2001).]
Pies rock Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 11:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything you said except for Richo. We need tall defenders, we don't need to get rid of them! Maybe Lane could be part of a trade to get Porter/Black. Was thinking we could even afford to offer Scotland to get one of these two. Black will be a Pie next year for Betheras and our second pick (no. 27) mark my words...

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 11:49 am

i agree... dannys in the "keep" list lol!
i think tyson will go tho, we dont really need him, and maybe rhyce shaw, hes lucky to have the name.

~BANGER JR~
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 12:03 pm

This has probably all been done to death but here goes:

I would keep Richo because we need a tall CHB and he has been one of our better players over the last 3 lean years. I would hope Cloke could take over in the course of the next 2 years so i would only trade Rico (and not delist him) if we recruited a ready made replacement.

I would keep Betheras just because I am a fan of his and I think he has some footy smarts.

I would trade Lane and Freeborne because I can't fit them into our best side and whilst we need depth, we must give players away to trade for required players. I don't think these 2 along with Wasley are good enough to play in a premiership side (yes I know Freeborne played in North's).

Steinfort can play a role and would provide depth burt if we get an offer we should trade him. We have an abundance of middle paced running players competing for 1 or 2 spots so he is "expendable" (terrible word).

The only other disagreement I would have with Buck's list is McKee. At the risk of upsetting people, he is simply not good enough to play senior football consistantly. He should be traded and we should move heaven and earth if need be to replace him with a quality ruckman.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 12:37 pm

Don't forget e first five games of the season - McKee was on fire! Rucking with Josh, then floating across half back - he did really really well before his shoulder. If we could pick up another ruck though, maybe one who could float forward more often, he would be tradeable though.

PiesPremiers 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 12:44 pm

plenty of ruckman going around!

and i'd keep uka out of that list, and get rid of roach.

uka can play a bit, but probably wont get the chance.
but hes over rated by other clubs, might be able to trade him for something good

Dan

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 12:58 pm

no no no no keep danny we need him! lol

~BANGER JR~
Pies rock Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 2:05 pm

Danny looks a total dud I know, but Judkins isn't going to draft him pick 7 then just let him go! We gave up a lot getting him (we were interested in Brad Green, but got Roach) so he will stay on the list. I just want to see Mckee play with an alright shoulder because he was at least competitive early in the season before his injury. I've had a shoulder reco. and it is such a pain in the arse when it keeps going out, you just have no confidence in it at all. I could see Mckee struggling with it and could feel his pain. He isn't that great, but if we don't get Porter or Everitt, he'll have to do so Josh can go forward! Ukovic is the worst defender I have ever seen. You cannot have someone playing on the back flank who zones off ALL THE TIME. He never plays tight and his opponent dominates. Get rid of him.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 2:57 am

Brown26 I have to disagree. McKee was not on fire. He was servicable. He played a blinder against Adelaide and I was rapt. The problem is that even at his best he was beaten consistantly in the ruck. With a good midfield and a winner ruck we would be hard to keep out of the top 4 next year.

B.MAN 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 3:44 am

how can u trade lane,with the opportunaties he has had this year he has played bloody well,i think he provides good run out of the backline,and with freeborn he has played pretty good this yr,i think he will be very helpfull when we get into the finals cos he has had finals experience whcih will be benifficial to the young guys,richo we have to keep he is a pretty good tall defender,cany piss him off i think he is the only good tall defender we have,ukovic,the games he has played this yr,he has played very well,i think the opportunaties he will be given i think he will perform well and also provides good run out of the backline,so the players ive named i think we should keep

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: