Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nostradamus and Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 5:24 pm
Post subject: Nostradamus and CollingwoodReply with quote

They shall show topography falsely,
The urns of the monuments shall be open,
Sects shall multiply and holy philosphy,
Shall give black for white and green for gold.

The first line must refer to the other sects (mentioned in the third line of the quatrain) as showing topography falsely must be the salary cap breeches.
The urns of the monument refers to the Premiership Cup.
Sects shall multiply etc refers to the other 15 teams i.e. sects, as there is only one true religion = Collingwood.
Shall give black for white has Nostradamus describing the colours of the great Collingwood and green for gold refers to everyone else (i.e. other teams scum supporters)being green with envy as we go for gold i.e. gold wig.

The walls shall be turned from brick into marble,
There shall be peace for seven and fifty years,
Joy to mankind; the aqueduct shall be rebuilt,
Health, abundance of fruits, joys and a mellifluous time.

The walls shall be turned from brick into marble is about Collingwood moving to the MCG. Which gives us the timing which is soonish.
There shall be peace for seven and fifty years can only refer to Collingwood winning 57 consecutive Premierships.
Joy to mankind = our p!ss up each year after winning 57 Premierships I don't think many of us will be sober enough to remember much but who cares so long as s&scum or carlscum don't win and we do! The aqueduct shall be rebuilt... here Nostradamus writes of the previous problems with the Spa, perhaps at the MCG they will have an Ozone filtration system so no problems.
Health, abundance of fruits, joys and a mellifluous time.
This line is pretty much self explainatory if you don't know the word mellifluous it means flowing with honey or sweetness; smooth; sweetly flowing. And well yes when we win our 57th consecutive Premiership it will be sweet!

Go Pies!

Carol

Don't ask yourself what the club needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what Collingwood needs right now is people who have come alive.
MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 3:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

And I thought his prophetic words were pathetic poetry. How wrong I was. It's all true. I've seen the light.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: