Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A World of Terror-Indescribable

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 3:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel Broadie. I still remember standing at the top of the World Trade Centre a few years ago with my video camera, admiring the amazing view and landscape, and now those buildings no longer exist.

Fortunately I have heard that all my friends in NY are safe except for one, who I'm still trying to contact. I have another friend who's stuck in Canada and can't get a flight home.

This tragedy really has affected the whole world.

Marg

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 4:36 am

alf, I really wish I had those nostradamus quotes prior to the incident, but I received them afterwards. also, I only put them there for interest. like many others, I don't place a lot of emphasis on his writings.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 6:19 am

The true beauty of Nostradamus, is that the ambiguity of his words allow them to be applied to multiple situations, since he wrote them. I reckon a similiar trick is used by people writing horoscopes today.

I find it disconcerting that both sides are seeking comfort in their respective religions.

And, if those guys had a nuke, is anyone in any doubt that they would have blown up manhattan island.

Greg J
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 6:47 am

how dare those people be happy about this, people like that are so uncivilised to them life is nothing and it is GLORIOUS to give your own life to wreck other peoples.
those poor people from the emergency services who we so brave gave their lives in attempt to save other innocent people.
the people behind this must be found and f*ckin well kill the evil bastards.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 1:50 pm

My deepest sympathies to all. I too have been to NYC and visited WTC, back in October 1993, just months after the bombing attempt. I could still see the smoke stains in the carpark entrance and the reconstruction. Now eight years later...it is all gone. I have the memories and the photo's of both Tower entrances and shots that I took of the Statue of Liberty and other monuments taken from the top observation deck. Whoever is responsible must pay and pay dearly.

[This message has been edited by Clemo (edited 13 September 2001).]
Shaun 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 2:14 pm

This is a truly terrible incident. May the families of the deceased from the WTC, Pentagon, rescuers and Plane passengers find salvation and strength. I am not a religious man, but if there is a god, i dearly hope he smiles on the home of the NY Magpies in this most foul hour.
Someone is going to pay for this...

"Success is not a destination, it is a journey" --Michael Malthouse--

PieGirl39 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 4:23 pm

Like everyone else here, I am absolutely devastated at what has happened in the U.S. I do not personally know anyone over there but I am unbelievably shaken up by this event. I can't help thinking, it would be so easy to do the same thing in Melbourne on grand final day.

Dear Joffa, you know I have so much respect for you, and I don't want to direct this at you personally, nor do I want a large discussion about it either, but I feel I should say, on behalf of all atheists, that we have a conscience, we have a heart, we have hope and we have direction. I am hurting as much as anybody right now. I don't blame god for what has happened. Nor do I say that the American intelligence should have prevented this. I only blame the terrorists themselves.

Peace to all.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 6:03 pm

Nah its cool pie girl.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 11:25 pm

I was in New York the day it happened. The whole place is weird with everyone trying to put on a brave face but really feeling bad. My flight out was cancelled when the airports closed. I can tell you now that there is no worse feeling than being in another counrty and not being able to get out in situations like this.

slaNgman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: