Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A World of Terror-Indescribable

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 5:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I am finding it hard to comprehend that this tragedy could happen.
When I first saw the news I thought it was a movie scene.
I couldn't not sleep thinking about the horror of it all.
My thoughts are with all the people whose lives have been devastated by this event.

ed healey 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 6:50 am

the writings of nostradamus are right on the ball.
he predicted this.
Bin Ladin the terrorist muslim is behind it and it is not going to end in america.unfortunately he has so many fanatical followeres all over the world that it is impossible to stop him.
you cannot predict or protect against this sort of terrorism.
its a sad fact but the world will never be the same.
lets hope the pies can win another flag or two before armageddon.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 7:19 am

you're right ed. from Nostradamus approx 500 years ago......

"In the year of the new century and nine months,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city..."

also....

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" , "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 7:39 am

I can only ad my sympathies to those who have lost family and friends and those touched by all this madness.

Unfortunately it isn't the first and won't be the last. No doubt there will be enourmous fallout from all of this.

I must agree with the asentiments that we (Australians) are just so lucky to have been born here. We must be careful in buying into the Middle Eastern issues though because that is an unresolvable minefield.

As for Nostradamus - sorry but I have great trouble with the credance given to his writtings in retrospect and even more difficulty with the implications of predicting the future.

daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 9:34 am

Shocked. Stunned. I cannot believe it. I was watching it all unfold, and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It puts life into perspective. 2 hours before the terror began i was wingeing about Lloyd only getting one week. That pales into insignificance in comparison to these dispicable attacks on innocent Americans, our friends.

It took me back to my thoughts after i had seen the movie "The Siege". I never believed that it could actually happen in real life, but it has, and it will continue, terrorism can never be stopped. But we must fight on, and the western democratic world must bond to keep evil at bay.

My heart goes out to anybody who had connections with an unfortunate soul who has perished at the hands of evil.

May God bless America. May He bless us all.

daicos4ever

2002 - The Year of the Pie
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 9:47 am

quote:
you're right ed. from Nostradamus approx 500 years ago......
"In the year of the new century and nine months,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city..."

also....

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" , "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654

"everyone's a winner hot pies"

I'm sorry but this has me FREAKED!!! This is scary.

JDF
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 10:41 am

Junkboy I wasnt calling all Palestinians vermon, just the ones I saw on the tv who openly celebrating other peoples misery.

Fradam Wrote This
biodave 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 12:21 pm

Joel, that's how I felt. What has transpired in the last 15 hrs is a very sad indictment on humanity. It's had a profound impact on me and it has definitely altered my perception of the world. The sense of security that being a free citizen in Australia is proving false. The fact is, the world has and always will be a dangerous and sinful place. Four hrs ago, I felt as if there was no hope for humanity. But as I flicked through the Bible this afternoon, I stumbled across a very touching and encouraging passage. Taken from John 16:33,

"I(Jesus) have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world!"

After reading this, I now understand that there is a hope. And that hope is Jesus Christ. As it says, in him we will have the peace we desire.

This has prompted me to receive baptism. I've been in and out of church for the last year, and I hadn't really committed myself. Unfortunately, it has taken such a long time for me to realise how much I need Jesus as my Saviour.

Comforted by this knowledge, I went outside to kick a footy in the beautiful, Spring sunshine.

My heart and prayers go out to all families' of the victims affected by this momentous disaster. God bless us all.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 12:33 pm

Imagine if the world was full of athiests:

NO WAR OVER RELIGION!!!

JDF
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 2:25 pm

I'm horrified by the events that unfolded in the US today...shocked.... stunned.... scared.... angry....and a feeling of helplessness overwhelms me.....Nothing will ever be the same again...

Nostradamus is right on the button..... Was waiting for something like this in August last year...but of course the new century is 2001 not 2000.....

My thoughts and prayers are with all families of victims affected by this atrocity.

God bless America.....God help us all!

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 2:49 pm

is so terrible. i was watching it live on CNN, the second plane crashed and the presenter didnt even know about it
one of my best friends dad was on one of the last planes out from New York, he was so lucky to get out.

~BANGER JR~
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 3:41 pm

Joel

I respect your right to express your opinions but mate a world full of atheists would be a sad world it would be a world without hope it would be a world without direction and sadly it would be a world without love.

With all tragic events we all get angry and want to lay blame but please joel dont blame god on what happened yesterday.
remember evil will never defeat evil, faith in god will overcome all evil.
Cheers joel.

Lets not turn this post into a religious prosecution to do so will be no better than those who led this bastardly attack.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 7:05 pm

To all those people who are quoting Nostradamus, why didn't you tell us all about Nostradamus's prediction of this event BEFORE it happened? What use is a prophecy if it can only be interpreted in hind-sight?

**floreat pica**

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 1:42 am

Very true alf

I once studied the prophecies of nostradamus and i did find it most fascinating but i must admit it was a period in my life when nothing much was happening.

Infact i found him to be a doomsday negative prick.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

Broadie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 3:16 am

I wanted to post here yesterday, but couldn't bring myself to until I had confirmation of the safety of close personal friends.

I lived in the USA for a year as an exchange student with a family from Stamford (some 40 minutes North-East of NY). I am still very close to them and in regular contact - thanks to the internet. The "mother" of the family I stayed with works in Manhattan, so I was quite shaken when I awoke to this news yesterday. In fact, my own Mum just left New York on Saturday, and had been at the World Trade Centre, then boarded American Airlines flight across to LA.

Back to Susan (the "mother"). I couldn't get through on the phones to find out what happened, but when I got to work there was an email from her son saying "WE'RE OKAY". I later found out that she was in her office about 4 blocks away, and she saw the 2nd plane hit and then immediately left New York to head back home to Stamford (40 min drive / train).

When she got home she found out that 2 of her colleagues were on the second plane.

Having been to (and up) the Towers, it's hit me harder than any of the collapsed buildings and other tragedies we see. Why? I guess because I've been there & have personal connections with the place.

Just hope this is the end of the terror, though we know the US will take massive retaliations once it is sure of exactly who to inflict them upon.

Broadie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: