Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Andrew Bolt Book

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Alf Andrews wrote:
If you take your head out of your arse/bible for five minutes you might realise that Melbourne has had at least 4 "once every 100 year" storms in the last 8 or 9 years. Add that to the fact that average temperatures over the whole year have reached new record levels in something like 9 of the last 10 years ... and I came up with that without even trying. The odds against all this happening by mere chance are freakish.

"Supply us with some evidence ... "

What planet do you live on?

Just about every other day we hear about some new natural disaster somewhere.

"Oh, but these have happened all the time."

Not every freakin' second day they haven't.

Even your bible will tell you about all the terrible things that are going to happen in the end times. Well, they're already happening.

Just open your friggen eyes.
Once again Alf it is impossible for you to say something without being offensive. You really are a nasty little man. These record temps you speak of make the whole issue a bit confussing, considering the lattest blurb to come from the science comunity is that global warming will in fact cause temps to drop.................................go figure.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:25 pm

skaman wrote:
eddies bank balance wrote:
skaman wrote:
I'm still thinking about the Big Freeze. You know, the next Ice Age that was in vogue about 20 or 30 years ago! Not poo pooing Global warming, but how come we have had the same events logged over time, without the population, pollution etc, that contribute to global warming. I believe we do exasabate the effects of GW, but I also feel it is a natural thing. It has to be. The Earths history and natural earth,polar layers tell us this.

..are you sure we didn't?

anyway, here is a link re:global warming.

http://sci-e-research.com/geophysics.html

I'm not gunna believe anybody that looks like the Dad in the Amityville Horror! Shocked
Geez, I really dont know. I think when our time is up, its up. Sure do our best to help the environment. Unless you supply the whole world with Prozac, do we have to live with the doomsdayers exclaiming "the sky is falling", ala Henny Penny. I want to see our leaders developing and implimenting policies such as in the Kyoto protocol, as much as the rest, but in the same token, I always advocate a faith in mankind. Will our knowledge and resources be enough in the end (whenever that may be), who knows. Just like the next Pie premiership, have faith and a little bit of positive thinking, otherwise what are we living for????Now thats an interesting question! Hmmmmmm

Thats classic!!!
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:37 pm

nuxta wrote:

Once again Alf it is impossible for you to say something without being offensive. You really are a nasty little man.

That is simply not true. You have never met me, nor are you ever likely to. I am a very warm loving person, with a sweet disposition. I love birds and trees and flowers and I never tell fibs.

I just find global warming denial EXTREMELY offensive. It is an insult to all the people who are going to die because of it. I believe it should be punishable by three years jail with torture.

To get back to the topic, I believe Andrew Bolt should be locked up in Guantanamo Bay without trial indefinitely for spreading propaganda that encourages global warming denial.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:20 am

trees are over-rated....
I don't mind birds though, as long as they don't crap on me like that stupid crow did the other day Mad
under a tree by the way....

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:27 pm

David from Canberra wrote:
trees are over-rated....
I don't mind birds though, as long as they don't crap on me like that stupid crow did the other day Mad

That crow was Brett James Laughing hey maybe that was a bit of global warming on your head David Embarassed
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:40 pm

3rd degree wrote:
trees are over-rated....

That crow was Brett James Laughing hey maybe that was a bit of global warming on your head David Embarassed

Apparently, yesterday, Canberra had a minor earth tremor, can any civilized being from A.C.T confirm this?

Also, today Brisbane had strong winds and heavy rain, a few floods, sounds typical for Brisbane?

Lets hope on sunday that sun shines bright in Perth.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:11 pm

I can't recall it.
But maybe it was so minor nobody else does either Wink

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:12 pm

Smile What made it so minor nobody else does
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:06 pm

I can't recall it.
But maybe it was so minor nobody else does either Wink

I guess you're right, big gold star for you.

..and yesterday, The on-line hearld had this to say.

Quake shakes Canberra
AAP
03mar06

CANBERRA residents have been shaken a little but not stirred by an earthquake centred about 60km from the nation's capital.

Measuring 3.5 on the Richter scale, the quake stuck at 5.15pm yesterday, and was centred 8km southwest of the earthquake-prone town of Gunning.
A tremor was felt in Canberra, but Gunning residents described a loud bang, and said the shaking lasted about six seconds.

Australian Seismological Centre chief Kevin McCue today said the earthquake-prone area may be "waking up" after 20 years of seismic inactivity.

"This is actually the second earthquake the area has had in two weeks," Mr McCue said.

"The first one was very small, but I thought that it was interesting, because it was the first one the area has had in a fair while.

"But this one was much bigger - it could indicate that the area is 'waking up' again.

"We're not sure what's triggering the tremors, whether its changes in the ground water levels or just general tectonic tremors, but hopefully they don't keep growing in magnitude."

Gunning was partially damaged in 1934 by an earthquake measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale - roughly the same strength as the devastating 1989 Newcastle quake.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

..and on another topic

But it seems Victoria media don't give a shite about it's neighbour, nothing has been on the 6 o'clock news nor in the major newspapers about the N.S.W floods. Too bad if you have relatives up there.

North east NSW residents on flood alert
Saturday Mar 4 12:07 AEDT
Residents around Lismore in north east NSW have been warned to prepare for minor flooding as heavy rain continues across the region.

Some 200 kilometres to the south, about 500 residents near Bellingen, on the mid-north coast, are still cut off from the town by floodwaters.

The State Emergency Service (SES) says swollen rivers around Bellingen are subsiding, but residents in outlying areas remain stranded and may require aid drops over the weekend.

"We're looking at minor flooding for Thora and for Bellingen itself, but the river levels are falling," spokesman Phil Campbell said.

"Should help be required we certainly have access to helicopters and ... flood boats to call up if necessary.

"Most of the people have stocked up ... but probably from this afternoon we'll get calls coming in as people run low on items.

"If they run out of essentials such as baby food and milk then we'll be required to do some supply work."

Residents of outlying areas around Bellingen would be cut off until at least Monday, he said.

But the main area of concern is in the Lismore region - inland from Lennox Head - which had about 100mm of rain on Friday night.

Mr Campbell said the Wilson River was expected to peak at 4.8 metres on Saturday evening.

"We're not expecting to have a flood in Lismore itself, there won't be floodwaters racing through town or inundating houses, but it will inconvenience people later today," Mr Campbell said.

"There will be the odd bridge cut off and farmers will have to relocate stock - it's more of an inconvenience."

A new flood levy built in Lismore largely spared the town from massive damage last June, when floodwaters peaked at more than 10 metres.

The Bureau of Meteorology has forecast continuing rain across the NSW north coast today, with gale-force winds in some parts.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:39 pm

hmmm... you've got me stumped now.
I think that was the day I was going to go to footy training but felt too tired so stayed home and did maths homework.... Confused maybe it was only in North Canberra.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: