Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Andrew Bolt Book

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I'm not keeping you from something. I think some might be included.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:22 pm

good work Alf, you have just sunk even lower....
I too was disturbed to hear that the guy was locked up for three years for stating an opinion... rather scary, although I do think that someone who denies the holocaust is insane. Anyway does it really matter what my views are on global warming (not that I have very strong ones to be honest)... I can only believe what I've read, and as far as I can see, global warming theory is hardly set in stone. And its not as if anything I say or think will change whatever is going to happen. Your problem Alf is you resort to abuse when challenged, eg calling me 'filth' simply because I do not ascribe to your (let's face it) extreme viewpoint. So, maybe I will die a painful death because of global warming... but how much can that hurt compared to you having to swallow your pride on the issue and accept you were wrong if your predictions don't come true?

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:27 am

Alf please supply us with some evidence of this global warming.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:28 am

Yeah Alf, I'm sure your evidence will be weaker than the evidence that proves the exiestence of God!
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:03 am

It was really hot yesterday must have been a bad global warming day
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:48 am

nuxta wrote:
Alf please supply us with some evidence of this global warming.

If you take your head out of your arse/bible for five minutes you might realise that Melbourne has had at least 4 "once every 100 year" storms in the last 8 or 9 years. Add that to the fact that average temperatures over the whole year have reached new record levels in something like 9 of the last 10 years ... and I came up with that without even trying. The odds against all this happening by mere chance are freakish.

"Supply us with some evidence ... "

What planet do you live on?

Just about every other day we hear about some new natural disaster somewhere.

"Oh, but these have happened all the time."

Not every freakin' second day they haven't.

Even your bible will tell you about all the terrible things that are going to happen in the end times. Well, they're already happening.

Just open your friggen eyes.
Jake the Muss Leo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:19 pm

I realise that the world is comming to an end, and it has nothing to do with natural disasters. It happens everytime the american propaganda comes on the news with shit on iraq/iran/nth Korea, the yanks will destroy the world... not global warming.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:36 pm

well I'd be more concerned about a country like Iran having nuclear weapons than the US.... just my opinion. But I guess we could end up with a Dr. Strangelove type scenario, with Russia replaced with Iran or North Korea. We all have to die somehow at some time anyway Razz
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:50 pm

I'm still thinking about the Big Freeze. You know, the next Ice Age that was in vogue about 20 or 30 years ago! Not poo pooing Global warming, but how come we have had the same events logged over time, without the population, pollution etc, that contribute to global warming. I believe we do exasabate the effects of GW, but I also feel it is a natural thing. It has to be. The Earths history and natural earth,polar layers tell us this.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:54 pm

I reckon ur right Skaman... but having done absolutely no research I have no idea. The question is I guess, are people like Dr. Alf looking at this issue logically, or are they trying to fit it into their own political beliefs?
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:35 pm

Im not saying I'm right Dave. Just that (along with whats good for you diet wise eg. butter is bad, then next year it is good, same with eggs, meat etc, etc), the rules, fads, opinions, whatever you like to call them, seem to change year by year. I tend to think that the world (mother nature), tends to adjust (as it always has). It maybe that the world is becoming a bit too crowded. It maybe MNs way of fighting back. Some may also argue it might be Gods will. Dunno. Dont think anybody really knows.However when it comes to solutions, mankind can and should do its best to ratify its bad management of the environment. It may not be the total solution, as I think things change regardless, but we, as a tenant of this world can live in conditions far more pleasing and fulfilling.
Jake the Muss Leo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:41 pm

My comment was to mean that if either of those countries become a true superpower and threatened to invade America, like they have done to so many other countries, the yanks would have no hesitation in pushing the button. Yet they have the nerve to dictate who is allowed to have what. Its a joke.
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:54 pm

skaman wrote:
I'm still thinking about the Big Freeze. You know, the next Ice Age that was in vogue about 20 or 30 years ago! Not poo pooing Global warming, but how come we have had the same events logged over time, without the population, pollution etc, that contribute to global warming. I believe we do exasabate the effects of GW, but I also feel it is a natural thing. It has to be. The Earths history and natural earth,polar layers tell us this.

..are you sure we didn't?

anyway, here is a link re:global warming.

http://sci-e-research.com/geophysics.html

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:11 pm

No, I don't think they'd be stupid enough to attack America. And if they did, they'd probably be making sure that they made such a good job of it that there would be no America to attack back...
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:53 pm

eddies bank balance wrote:
skaman wrote:

..are you sure we didn't?

anyway, here is a link re:global warming.

http://sci-e-research.com/geophysics.html

I'm not gunna believe anybody that looks like the Dad in the Amityville Horror! Shocked
Geez, I really dont know. I think when our time is up, its up. Sure do our best to help the environment. Unless you supply the whole world with Prozac, do we have to live with the doomsdayers exclaiming "the sky is falling", ala Henny Penny. I want to see our leaders developing and implimenting policies such as in the Kyoto protocol, as much as the rest, but in the same token, I always advocate a faith in mankind. Will our knowledge and resources be enough in the end (whenever that may be), who knows. Just like the next Pie premiership, have faith and a little bit of positive thinking, otherwise what are we living for????Now thats an interesting question! Hmmmmmm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: