Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Great Acts of Dissent: A look back in time

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutmeg wrote:
loki does this make you Grand Wizard of the KKK sorry CFC????

Lucky you told us "you're not racist" and you have "friends of all descents" - would I be right in assuming none of them are indigenous Australians? You then go on to vilify a group of people purely on the grounds of race, making outlandish generalisations about getting "every advantage you could think of". FFS they weren't considered citizens or allowed to vote until the 1970s! They've had 50000 years of history wiped out, and our current PM STILL believes in terra nullis! Historians (read Keith Windschuttle) are allowed to claim that the massacres by the English never happened - sorry people but this is tantamount to denying the Holocaust - and we wonder why our country is stuck in a redneck-hick-self important-self righteous rut and that incidents like Cronulla occur?
As for black-to-white racism, yeah some of us have copped it on the sportsfield. Once a Fijian girl abused EVERY member of my team racially (we've got Maoris, Anglos, Samoans and Singaporeans) and we smashed that stupid bitch until she couldn't stand up. Then I got racially abused by a chick who was whiter than me - how does one react to that????

There's an old saying Loki about people in glass houses - I'm not proud of this part of Collingwood's history, but the fact that we're trying to fix it now is something of which I AM proud.

Like I said loki, lucky you're not racist..........

Actually My best friend is an Indigenous person who actually lived with me for over a year I have also done an Aboriginal arts class, "lucky I'm not a racist"!
But my point wasn't that they should be abused my point was that when a person that isn't indigenous gets abused no one cares. As far as the benefits go, well they do get them so why can't I say they do? I am saying that it is starting to go too far why can they outcast other races and no 1 gives a toss but if the shoe was on the other foot than that person, corporation etc are racist. Just like half the attacks at me here, I knew I would get hammered pillar to post for stating facts and experiences also I wasn't meaning all Indigenous people were like that but pointing to the fact that they aren't helpless and recieve a hell of alot more support/advantages than most people.
Also noticed how if anyone does not agree on this topic they are labelled a redneck racist.
Robbo.D.yobbo 

The Toovinator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:12 pm

loki04 wrote:
Nutmeg wrote:
loki does this make you Grand Wizard of the KKK sorry CFC????

Lucky you told us "you're not racist" and you have "friends of all descents" - would I be right in assuming none of them are indigenous Australians? You then go on to vilify a group of people purely on the grounds of race, making outlandish generalisations about getting "every advantage you could think of". FFS they weren't considered citizens or allowed to vote until the 1970s! They've had 50000 years of history wiped out, and our current PM STILL believes in terra nullis! Historians (read Keith Windschuttle) are allowed to claim that the massacres by the English never happened - sorry people but this is tantamount to denying the Holocaust - and we wonder why our country is stuck in a redneck-hick-self important-self righteous rut and that incidents like Cronulla occur?
As for black-to-white racism, yeah some of us have copped it on the sportsfield. Once a Fijian girl abused EVERY member of my team racially (we've got Maoris, Anglos, Samoans and Singaporeans) and we smashed that stupid bitch until she couldn't stand up. Then I got racially abused by a chick who was whiter than me - how does one react to that????

There's an old saying Loki about people in glass houses - I'm not proud of this part of Collingwood's history, but the fact that we're trying to fix it now is something of which I AM proud.

Like I said loki, lucky you're not racist..........

Actually My best friend is an Indigenous person who actually lived with me for over a year I have also done an Aboriginal arts class, "lucky I'm not a racist"!
But my point wasn't that they should be abused my point was that when a person that isn't indigenous gets abused no one cares. As far as the benefits go, well they do get them so why can't I say they do? I am saying that it is starting to go too far why can they outcast other races and no 1 gives a toss but if the shoe was on the other foot than that person, corporation etc are racist. Just like half the attacks at me here, I knew I would get hammered pillar to post for stating facts and experiences also I wasn't meaning all Indigenous people were like that but pointing to the fact that they aren't helpless and recieve a hell of alot more support/advantages than most people.
Also noticed how if anyone does not agree on this topic they are labelled a redneck racist.
i see with ur point same as italians being called wogs but they dont care?!?!?!? LOUD NOISES!!!!!
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:51 pm

Terrible thread, full of everything that is wrong with this country, when in actually fact there is so much right about Australia and interestingly it should come so close to Australia day.

Aboriginal people in this country have had it so easy all these years?
They were not allowed to vote until the year before I was born, 1969.
They were enslaved and treated as sub-human. It is documented that the aboriginal people were considered as part of the general flora and forna and not part of the human race.
They were hunted like animals and decapitated so their heads could become trophies in wealthy English homes.
Rape you say? A serious allegation and made out of pure ignorance.
Stolen generations?
Land was stolen and sold for small fortunes by ruthless, murdering colonialists.
Victoria Park and the Yarra Falls are in fact an Aboriginal sacred site that was stolen and auctioned off out of Sydney in 1856.
Terra nullius?

Allan McAllister was a great man for Collingwood and did everything he could to uphold the Magpies name, but every great man has his flaw and his comment that aboriginals would be “respected when they learn white fella's ways"., was short sited and only exacerbated the situation. This resulted in a curse being put on Collingwood. The club's win loss record suggests that the curse is still there. Shawry backed his president and in fact publicly supported the use of racism as part of the strategy of the game. They both recanted later, to their credit.

It is true that in the tradition of racism around the world that only a true racist would seek to justify their twisted point of view by first proclaiming themselves to “not to be racist”. It always seems to precede a barrage of generalisations and hateful rhetoric. However, we are all entitled to our opinions, it is how we express them that is important.

The Rev Dr Martin Luther King Jr once said, “I will never hate, because hate is too great a burden to bear”
Think about that for a second.

To lighten the tone slightly, more words of wisdom from Master Yoda (Jedi Knight)
“Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering”

Try and find the good in all people and be at peace with your neighbour.*

* Exluding Carlton, Essendon and Brisbane fans and Andrew Demetriou of course.

Terrible thread indeed and perhaps I should have just stayed right out.

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:00 pm

As this thread no longer has anything to do with the original topic (great acts of dissent), its most appropriate location is the VPT.
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:40 pm

3rd degree wrote:
This is too big a can of worms you are opening. My main problem with you is to say Leon Davis should not play 200 games for our club. That sort of contradicts your slogan Collingwood , WHENEVER HOWEVER FOREVER just a bit doesn't it? Afterall he is part of Collingwood is he not?
and when did he burn and spit on the australian flag ??

Sorry i should have put that up in a seperate paragraph that is unrelated to Leon. How ever my point being to we tolerate that, I've no need to divugle into the past history of Aboriginies they indeed have has it tough and have been completely humilated as a race, but it does not excuse such behaviour that occured on Australia Day, the sad thing it's not the first time they've burnt the flag publicly and it's not the first time they have done it on Australia Day, to avoid generalisation tags I will say a minority of Aboriginals have been involved of such behaviour.

As for my comment about the 200 games and my slogan, I can't see how it's contradictory, IMO I don't believe he he should be still at the club let alone play 200 games, where he is there or not won't change my love for collingwood therefor even by him still being a player at CFC I will still support collingwood, HOWEVER (However meaning I will still support Collingwood while Leon is still at the club.)

Last edited by bazdaddy on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:45 pm

There is nothing we can to change the past.
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:54 pm

HAL wrote:
Hit the nail on the head.
Eunos 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:18 am

HAL wrote:

Surely it's the present that we need to change.

Australia is inherently racist.
Try being aboriginal in this country and compete for a job.
Try being Aboriginal in this country and walk through a supermarket.
Try being Aboriginal in this country when dealing with Police.
Nutmeg Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:47 pm

Not just Aboriginal either. Try anyone whose skin colour hints towards "not the purest white" (and I'm not talking Paris-Hilton-orange here either), anyone who wears non-Christian religious dress, "suspicious" looking beards etc. etc. etc.
Why are we (people in general) so petrified of difference? Especially in a nation such as ours that is 98% recent immigrants (recent being 200 years, given the massive history of the Aborigines 200 yrs means sweet FA).

Re: flag burning - how smug are we as a group to celebrate Australia Day on a day which for the original inhabitants signifies the loss of their very way of life? Given my Irish Catholic heritage, I'd gladly burn the top corner!

We can't change the past - but the most dangerous thing we can do is deny it

bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:27 pm

Nutmeg wrote:
Not just Aboriginal either. Try anyone whose skin colour hints towards "not the purest white" (and I'm not talking Paris-Hilton-orange here either), anyone who wears non-Christian religious dress, "suspicious" looking beards etc. etc. etc.
Why are we (people in general) so petrified of difference? Especially in a nation such as ours that is 98% recent immigrants (recent being 200 years, given the massive history of the Aborigines 200 yrs means sweet FA).

Re: flag burning - how smug are we as a group to celebrate Australia Day on a day which for the original inhabitants signifies the loss of their very way of life? Given my Irish Catholic heritage, I'd gladly burn the top corner!

This may sound racist, but I don't mean it to be. If this country was left in the hands of Aboriginies would this country be the way it is today and by that I mean a magnificent country, and that it is anyone who choses state otherwise, I shall ignore because this undoubtedly a sensational country. The majority of us here have a good life in Australia, generally safe. I wouldn't want it any other way. Yes they were here first but we can not change the past, we can do our best not to forget what happened, but I for one can not accept the burning of the Australian Flag under any circumstances what so ever.

I have no issues with the Union Jack in the flag, while it does symbolise a connection to the United Kingdom it is still part of the Australian flag. It's actions like burning the Australian flag that tarnish the Aboriginal's. Just unneccasary and as I've said not going to earn them a lot of respect.

As for Australia Day, we didn't take over the land 200 years ago leave Australia Day where it is.

eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:35 pm

Nutmeg wrote:
Try anyone whose skin

1st: the past is a period of time from, at that moment we had the option to learn from a mistake and we didn't, so therefore we suffer the consequences.

2nd: to deny the past is NOT dangerous as we already are suffering the consequences of NOT learning from OUR mistake, so therefore as Eunos said "Surely it's the present that we need to change".

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:37 pm

die4pies wrote:
Terrible thread, full of everything that is wrong with this country, when in actually fact there is so much right about Australia and interestingly it should come so close to Australia day.

They were enslaved and treated as sub-human. It is documented that the aboriginal people were considered as part of the general flora and forna and not part of the human race.
They were hunted like animals and decapitated so their heads could become trophies in wealthy English homes.
Stolen generations?
Land was stolen and sold for small fortunes by ruthless, murdering colonialists.
Victoria Park and the Yarra Falls are in fact an Aboriginal sacred site that was stolen and auctioned off out of Sydney in 1856.
Terra nullius?

Allan McAllister was a great man for Collingwood and did everything he could to uphold the Magpies name, but every great man has his flaw and his comment that aboriginals would be “respected when they learn white fella's ways"., was short sited and only exacerbated the situation. This resulted in a curse being put on Collingwood. The club's win loss record suggests that the curse is still there. Shawry backed his president and in fact publicly supported the use of racism as part of the strategy of the game. They both recanted later, to their credit.

It is true that in the tradition of racism around the world that only a true racist would seek to justify their twisted point of view by first proclaiming themselves to “not to be racist. It always seems to precede a barrage of generalisations and hateful rhetoric. However, we are all entitled to our opinions, it is how we express them that is important.

The Rev Dr Martin Luther King Jr once said, “I will never hate, because hate is too great a burden to bear”

To lighten the tone slightly, more words of wisdom from Master Yoda (Jedi Knight)

Tell that to the girl it happened too!
No people that aren't Aboriginal have to say that as they are worried that if they bring up something that might be in difference that you get labelled a racist.When did other than facts I know and personal experiences I had, had I been racists the whole point I was making is they are no longer treated that poorly and get more benefits and get awway with a hell of alot more than non-indigenous people. The only thing I should of put in was the word some Aboriginals because my original post was too generalised.
Yes the history was attrocious of what happened how do we change that we can't.
Anyway I do have mates that are Aboriginal and in fact 3 of my cousins are part Aboriginal but the current day Aboriginals do get a fair amount of help and their race aren't all perfect which alot on this site seem to think they are that is the point I was trying to make But when you write something half-cut you don't always type things out correctly.

If I have offended anyone I apologise.
bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:04 pm

loki04 wrote:
die4pies wrote:

Stolen generations?
Terra nullius?

It is true that in the tradition of racism around the world that only a true racist would seek to justify their twisted point of view by first proclaiming themselves to “not to be racist. It always seems to precede a barrage of generalisations and hateful rhetoric. However, we are all entitled to our opinions, it is how we express them that is important.

Tell that to the girl it happened too!
No people that aren't Aboriginal have to say that as they are worried that if they bring up something that might be in difference that you get labelled a racist.When did other than facts I know and personal experiences I had, had I been racists the whole point I was making is they are no longer treated that poorly and get more benefits and get awway with a hell of alot more than non-indigenous people. The only thing I should of put in was the word some Aboriginals because my original post was too generalised.
Yes the history was attrocious of what happened how do we change that we can't.
Anyway I do have mates that are Aboriginal and in fact 3 of my cousins are part Aboriginal but the current day Aboriginals do get a fair amount of help and their race aren't all perfect which alot on this site seem to think they are that is the point I was trying to make But when you write something half-cut you don't always type things out correctly.

If I have offended anyone I apologise.

I'm with ya mate, I don't believe you were being racist however we live in such a politically correct society anything we say moderately negative another race will be deemed racist.

Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:27 pm

Back to leon and his 200 games - if he gets there good on him, he's only going to get there if he justifies his position at the club by playing well. The reason he is at the club now is that though he has put in some shockers and poor stretches of form, he has still shown brilliance and occasional match winning ability.

Look at the 2002 and 2003 season dvd's and watch his goal assists, if not his goals.

bazdaddy Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:59 pm

the ru is on fire wrote:
Back to leon and his 200 games - if he gets there good on him, he's only going to get there if he justifies his position at the club by playing well. The reason he is at the club now is that though he has put in some shockers and poor stretches of form, he has still shown brilliance and occasional match winning ability.

Look at the 2002 and 2003 season dvd's and watch his goal assists, if not his goals.
Mate in 2002 he didnn't get a touch in the GF and that was the good one and in 2003 he played in the ressies for half the year, he has shown nothing since barring one good game in perth against Fremantle and that's it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: