Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Australia Day Awards......are they are joke?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bet that tosspott from Sydney paid a fortune for his AM - just so he could keep up with our Ed Laughing

Don't get the Nicole Kidman thing WTF Rolling Eyes

Try the CFA volunteers if you want to give these things to people who deserve em or even the volunteers at the health services - some have put in years - thing is these sort of people don't ask for or look forward to recognition from moronic politicians - we the general "unwashed" public know who is more important

"Whore" is a bit much isn't it? Who gives a rats about her sexual appetite or behaviour - bit like Warney - who cares what he does off field as long as he bowls the way he does - not me that's for sure. Curious Eunos - why is she a whore?????

Are there really degrees of grief - to lose a partner is to lose a partner - sad all round I would have thought. Who knows she may have decided to go there for the honeymoon and now blame herself. Is there not always regret and "what ifs" when you lose someone close?
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:05 pm

Kidman publicly supports a variety of charities and causes. She has been a high profile Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF Australia since 1994. She has worked to help raise money for and draw attention to the plight of and the most disadvantaged children in Australia and around the world. In (2004) she was honoured as a "Citizen of the World" by the United Nations. Kidman was selected as the New South Wales Australian of the Year 2005. In 2005 she visited the tsunami-hit regions of SE Asia.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:09 pm

What happened to her?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:11 pm

~Madness~ wrote:
Kidman publicly supports a variety of charities and causes. She has been a high profile Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF Australia since 1994. She has worked to help raise money for and draw attention to the plight of and the most disadvantaged children in Australia and around the world. In (2004) she was honoured as a "Citizen of the World" by the United Nations. Kidman was selected as the New South Wales Australian of the Year 2005. In 2005 she visited the tsunami-hit regions of SE Asia.

Fair enough then - as long as it isn't for services to the movie industry - worst Irish accent I've ever heard Wink
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:18 pm

bucks4ever wrote:
worst Irish accent I've ever heard Wink

...to be sure to be sure!
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:20 pm

London Dave wrote:
bucks4ever wrote:
worst Irish accent I've ever heard Wink

...to be sure to be sure!

And top of the morning to you LD Razz
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:21 pm

Nicole Kidman puts charity before career

Publish Date : 4/25/2005 10:56:00 PM Source : Entertainment News

Oscar winning actress Nicole Kidman has revealed that she puts charity before her career.

The Aussie actress supports a number of charities including a host of women's health charities and the UNICEF.

"I find trying to solve problems and save lives is far more important than my film career," the actress was quoted by Femalefirst as saying.

Nicole also sported a pink wristband the at the British premiere of the new movie 'The Interpreter' as a tribute to her late mother Janelle's battle with breast cancer,

"I've been put in a position where I've been given a lot. I think it's my duty to give something back," she added. (ANI)

Cheers

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:23 pm

Quote:
Fair enough then - as long as it isn't for services to the movie industry - worst Irish accent I've ever heard Wink

hehehe...and man do i love the irish accent...on nicole...i knew she was into the unicef stuff and also something to do with the cancer foundation or the like as her mum suffered from cancer...

To be honest...doesn't bother me who gets them...we are all aussies...and thats just how it is...good on all of them I think...

HAL 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:25 pm

I always wondered how it is.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:13 pm

Fair enough with Nicole, I haven't read about her charity work and therefore, I stand corrected, that is what I wanted to know...why she got it, because I hadn't seen/read or heard of her charity work. Now very curious to read of her LATE Mother Janelle's battle with breast cancer.....ummmmm, didn't she just spend Christmas with her in the US?

Quote:
Nicole also sported a pink wristband the at the British premiere of the new movie 'The Interpreter' as a tribute to her late mother Janelle's battle with breast cancer,

Now, how about Colliss? or is B4E correct in his paying for it Wink

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:58 am

Proud Pies wrote:

I'd check the donors to the Liberal Party to find out PP.

and this from The Age letters, 27/1, sums it up rather nicely.

Quote:
NO ONE would deny for a moment the horrendous time Trisha Broadbridge has had these past 12 months. But to be awarded Young Australian of the Year for just one year's charity work seems to me rather disproportionate to the efforts of many other young Australians who have given many years of voluntary service to all manner of causes without the media exposure and institutional support that Trisha has received.

Trisha has done a sterling job and must be congratulated, but to be named Young Australian of the Year is, I think, a choice informed by sentiment rather than reason.
Paul Watt, Heidelberg Heights
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:01 am

London Dave wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:

I'd check the donors to the Liberal Party to find out PP.

and this from The Age letters, 27/1, sums it up rather nicely.

Quote:
NO ONE would deny for a moment the horrendous time Trisha Broadbridge has had these past 12 months. But to be awarded Young Australian of the Year for just one year's charity work seems to me rather disproportionate to the efforts of many other young Australians who have given many years of voluntary service to all manner of causes without the media exposure and institutional support that Trisha has received.

Trisha has done a sterling job and must be congratulated, but to be named Young Australian of the Year is, I think, a choice informed by sentiment rather than reason.
Paul Watt, Heidelberg Heights

Now see, they are still missing the point, she hasn't just done 1 years charity work....she's been doing it for 5 years and that's MY point!

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:36 am

Most of the comments in this are pretty offensive and pretty personal. I'm sure Trisha did'nt ask for this award so why bag her for getting it.

Everyone goes through hard ships and I'm sure 99% of them where not made as public as that girls.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:36 am

Yeah sure Nicole Kidman's done heaps of charity work, but she can afford to, its good publicity, and she's rolling in money anyway. And it makes her feel better about herself. Which I guess is really the only reason any of us do it, except for maybe a sense of duty in some cases. But I think it would have been fairer to give the award to someone who doesn't nessecarily live in a mansion, may not have millions of dollars, but still devotes their life to helping others.
HAL 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:38 am

In what way?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: