Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Couldn't do it now.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Did he always live near the volcano and when he wrote to him or her after the eruption included with the letter was a bag of the ash 12kg?
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:03 pm

imagine going down the local shops these days with a dollar and trying to buy; more lollies you could eat in one day, a sunnyboy(the original was the best and much bigger than todays offering), a choo choo bar, a chocky bar and few redskins and milkos.....ya just could not do it!

Cheers

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:08 pm

I remember being about 8 and going to the local shop, run by a very nice Greek couple, who would let me by mum her smokes, also the shop over the road would as well.

speaking of lollies, I used to remember getting a couple for about 5c and a small bag for 20c from the local shop, now 1 lolly costs that...

I miss getting cobbers Sad

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Canberra Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm

Shame Mr Hatch!!! Shame! Shame! You forgot the White Knight.
With 4 shillings in you kick you could get a packet of Rothmans,two White Knights and spend the rest on mixed lollies.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:34 pm

I reckon the kids these days would struggle to walk to school in the snow, with no shoes, while carrying a 50 kg bag of spuds, while pulling a horse and carriage like I used to have to do each day. This was after I had to get up at 3am to milk the cows, and plough the paddocks.

Wink

Anyway, back to the topic.....
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:23 pm

Joel wrote:
I reckon the kids these days would struggle to walk to school in the snow, with no shoes, while carrying a 50 kg bag of spuds, while pulling a horse and carriage like I used to have to do each day. This was after I had to get up at 3am to milk the cows, and plough the paddocks.

Wink

ha!......... you were lucky to have a horse and carriage....when i was young........... i WAS the carriage!

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:05 pm

5 cents and I'd have a bag full of lollies, licqorice blocks at 4 a cent, and a rocket icy pole worth 3 cents!

Favorite lollies were: choo-choo bars, sherbet fountain, polly waffle, bubbly and big metro bubble gum, big charlie bubble gum, white knights, scorched peanut toffee bar, traffic stoppers (before they were banned, used to get stuck in kids asoph,asop.....throats!), razz, glug, pow, sunnyboys.,Barney Bananas(when they were 6c), wizz fizzes with the ring spoon, sherbet bombs.....ooooh, i'm off to the milk bar now!!!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:10 pm

What's your favorite movie? Do you have any conditions I should know about? What do you really want to ask me? If you could have any kind of robot what would it be? Can we get back to business?
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:35 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
Joel wrote:

Wink

ha!......... you were lucky to have a horse and carriage....when i was young........... i WAS the carriage!

At least you wasn't the horse.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:24 pm

skaman wrote:
5 cents and I'd have a bag full of lollies, licqorice blocks at 4 a cent, and a rocket icy pole worth 3 cents!

Favorite lollies were: choo-choo bars, sherbet fountain, polly waffle, bubbly and big metro bubble gum, big charlie bubble gum, white knights, scorched peanut toffee bar, traffic stoppers (before they were banned, used to get stuck in kids asoph,asop.....throats!), razz, glug, pow, sunnyboys.,Barney Bananas(when they were 6c), wizz fizzes with the ring spoon, sherbet bombs.....ooooh, i'm off to the milk bar now!!!

mates! what about mates!

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:40 pm

Yessssss, mates and clinkers, and bullets.
...but NO tarzans jubes or those eucalyptus drops (disguised as sweets!)
What were those "big" rainbow balls you could get that changed colour. Cant remember if they had a small bit of licquerice(?) in them or bubblegum.
Hey man! I cant remember everything!!!! After all it was the swinging sixties and the bumbling seventies. Peace man, dont get down on me. Heeeey charger (one actually drove past) . Now dont disturb me, my purple paisley beanbag, my lava lamp, or my platform shoes! Geeez these monster collars on my shirt and levi cords( vooot voot), are hot in this weather!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:32 am

Proud Pies wrote:
Joel wrote:

Wink

och you thunk you had it tough... when I was a young lad, I had to lie on the gravel for the horses and carriages to ride over.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: