Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Where would the Pies be without immigrants?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

EddieGold wrote:
I don't remember any of these cultures blowing other Australians up.

Get a better memory then - Sydney Hilton bombing, Russell Street bombing, years of money being sent from Australia to fund the IRA.
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:10 am

Yes, you can go on about the problems that the Macedonians and the Greeks have and how this has been shown in soccer violence.

But predominantly Australians have not been targeted in such an orchestrated campaign as what we have seen at the moment.

They weren’t all Anglo Saxon’s in the Crowd/Mob. There is a reason why the Crowd/Mob sang Waltzing Matilda?
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:34 am

burnsy17 wrote:
Its a messy situation. Thankfully, Melbourne is way too cultured and multicultural to ever be subject to that sort of shit.

Yeah, right!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17581075-2,00.html

Quote:
LEBANESE youths and ethnic "lions" from Melbourne are preparing to join Sydney's race riots, with busloads of troublemakers rumoured to be heading north.

Quote:
Sources within the Lebanese community said three busloads of young men from Melbourne - Lebanese, Serbians, Italians and Greeks - and more than 30 carloads were expected to arrive in Sydney today and tomorrow.

Hooked
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:39 am

Dale61 wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:
Its a messy situation. Thankfully, Melbourne is way too cultured and multicultural to ever be subject to that sort of shit.

Yeah, right!

Quote:
LEBANESE youths and ethnic "lions" from Melbourne are preparing to join Sydney's race riots, with busloads of troublemakers rumoured to be heading north.

Quote:
Sources within the Lebanese community said three busloads of young men from Melbourne - Lebanese, Serbians, Italians and Greeks - and more than 30 carloads were expected to arrive in Sydney today and tomorrow.

yeah, but it aint happening on the streets of Melbourne cause we aren't a lawless society. Anarchy can only exist in the vacum of incompetent law management.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:44 am

EddieGold wrote:
Dale61 wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:

Yeah, right!

Quote:

Quote:

yeah, but it aint happening on the streets of Melbourne cause we aren't a lawless society. Anarchy can only exist in the vacum of incompetent law management.

It will happen soon enough in Melbourne.
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:47 am

Well then lets throw the baby out with the bathwater and have curfew on the streets after 6pm. There is always a way to stop violence and that is simple. The lawmakers have to become tougher than the lawbreakers.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:56 am

EddieGold wrote:
Well then lets throw the baby out with the bathwater and have curfew on the streets after 6pm. There is always a way to stop violence and that is simple. The lawmakers have to become tougher than the lawbreakers.

Zero tolerance will come in no doubt. With Zero tolerence comes other problems.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:04 am

EddieGold wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
EddieGold wrote:
... AngloSaxon's shouldn't have to be abused in their own country either.

Wouldn't "their own country" then be England or Saxony?

What about our mighty supporters of Greek or Italian or Celtic descent - is it "their country" too, or are they just allowed to be abused in it?

Wonder what our Koori and Murri brothers and sisters would have to say...

We are Australian.

Celtic, English, Greek, Italian, Vietnamese, Asain, Murri have all asimilated into Australian culture and except the standards and ideals.

We have been lucky enough to pick up some absolutely fantastic things from each of their cultures as well which has redefined what it is to be Australian.

I don't remember any of these cultures blowing other Australians up.

I don't know of any Australians blown up by Lebanese either!

We, and the Yanks, did manage to slaughter 4 million Indo-Chinese, during the vietnam war, but this is conveniently forgotten today.
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:07 am

Yep, Agreed We are hardly Angels esp when we team up with the so called world power right winged brainless Gungo ho GI Joes, the US of Assassination.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:51 am

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
EddieGold wrote:
... AngloSaxon's shouldn't have to be abused in their own country either.

Wouldn't "their own country" then be England or Saxony?

What about our mighty supporters of Greek or Italian or Celtic descent - is it "their country" too, or are they just allowed to be abused in it?

Wonder what our Koori and Murri brothers and sisters would have to say...

I'm with you Phil!
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:08 am

they would probably firstly say - no violence is a good thing for everyone in the community.

However there is no doubt AngloSaxon’s treated Aboriginals and Murri people with contempt up until the early 1960s. I can’t put right the sins of the forefathers but I can apologise for them.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:26 am

Who knows what may have happened if the 'Bra Boys and Commancheros had've got involved. It could have been all over by now.
Hooked
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:02 pm

I am going to throw in my 50 cents worth.
I can remember 20-30 years ago,when the 'white Australia policy' was introduced by the late Al Grassby & also the late Arthur Caldwell,of which the introduction to Australia of the Greek,Italian,Macedonian and all others came to our great land and made a new home....these people at least wanted to and did 'FIT IN' with the Australian way of life....there was a movie called 'Their a Wierd Mob' that was made to portray this life and it worked well.
Then there was the Asian invansion when we were inundated with Chinese,Vietnamese,Korean,Indonesians etc....they were treated with contempt as per the Vietnam conflict,BUT they have fitted in with some reservations.....
Now we have the Middle eastern.......what happened over the weekend has been brewing for many years.I used to own a home in Lurnea,BUT I have sold this and moved out,AND why because the Lebenese have taken over Liverpool and surrounding areas,they try and tell us that we arent as good as them that we are scum beneath their feet and that they dont have to abide by our rules & regs.I would also like to point out that 4 years ago,my wife & I were attached by a mob of these 'people' term used loosley because we dared to ask a car load of them to move so that we could part our vehicle...we were abused,shouted at and told that we wrere racist...why because we were Aussie and that we dared to askl them to move.
I dont care what any one says,BUT it is time that all these peole realised that this is OUR country,that they have to abide by OUR laws and not their own....By the way this caper from Cronulla has been blown all out of wack by the media of course,and it turned out that the lifesaver abused the people on the beach....but no-one ever heard about that did they.
Any way this has been brewing for many years and it is time that alot of these hotheads abided by OUR laws and our rules & regs and not be a law under themselves.
Most of these Lebs follow soccer,out in the West,most wluldnt even know what Aussie rules was all about and 90% have never fought for OUR country.
It was disgusting what happened BUT it came to a head and I still believe that it will be hot for a while yet antil all parties tell these young hotheads that this is Australia and not Lebanon...if they dont like it here then go back home and live there.

That is my 50 cents worth and I stand by what I say....If I offend any one then call me racist,but that is the way that it is especially in the areas of Lakemba,Wiley Park,Punchbowl.Bankstown and Liverpool.
I have lived in and thru it and I dont appreciate being abused,especially when the abusers werent even born in Australia

cooldewd Sagittarius

DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:09 pm
Post subject: Re: Where would the Pies be without immigrants?Reply with quote

Big T wrote:
Was disgusted by the Sydney rubbish the other weekend.

Made me think about the contribution communities such as Lebanese, Greeks, Italians, Yugoslavs etc have made to this great club.

We would be nothing without their contribution.

What exactly is a "Yugoslav"??

What does he look like?

Does he have a language?

Can you find it on a current map?

Can you provide me answers to the above?

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King Jr
Eunos 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:10 pm

Think you may have unfairly treated Al Grassby there Peter.
Read more;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Grassby

Quote:
Grassby quickly became one of the more high profile members of the Whitlam ministry as he gained a reputation as a one person propaganda unit for the benefits of multiculturalism and, among other initiatives, pushed for more immigration from non-English-speaking countries, banned racially selected sporting teams from playing in Australia and repealed the law that required Indigenous Australians to seek permission before going overseas.

Quote:
Grassby’s actions however had attracted the attention and strident criticism of the Australian far right, who saw his push for more Asian immigration as an insidious plot to weaken the character of Australia.

Don't see much "White Australia Policy" in Grassby's actions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: